Should we have events aimed towards whales?

2Next

Replies

• giggsy
    88 posts Member
    Options
    My only concern is that they never announced it will be recurring like the yoda event is. With Vader shards as the reward I certainly hope it is.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it will be recurring, since there is an achievement attached, but hey, you are right to question it!
  • Options
    I am not a whale and like this event
    giggsy wrote: »
    My only concern is that they never announced it will be recurring like the yoda event is. With Vader shards as the reward I certainly hope it is.

@giggsy
    Vader shards do not form part of the reward - They are part of an achievement. Empire shards form the reward
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • giggsy
    88 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry yes I was aware of that I meant the ultimate reward for doing the achievement.
  • JonnyH
    21 posts Member
    Options
    I am not a whale and hate this event
    Hate is going a bit far. I dislike events where certain characters are needed because it's just my luck I won't have them lol.

Not too bothered about this one though as I'm nearly level 79 now so won't be too long before I can farm omega materials daily anyway.
  • Options
    Sucks that i only have 1 of the needed characters leveled up right now but I can't say it's a bad event
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I am a whale and I disagree with this eveny
    I have spent over 1500$ US, and I will not be able to participate.

I chose to prioritize Jedi, and I will own that it was my choice to do so. It's not that I don't have the characters, its that they arent geared, levelled, and starred. This is disappointing.

My 5*, g6, lvl 50 Leia; 5*, g6, lvl 50 STHan; 4*, g5, lvl 40 Biggs; 4*, g5, lvl 40 CS; 2*, g5, lvl 40 Lando; and 3*, g4, lvl 30 Luke should be able to participate in a lower tier for reduced rewards, like the Yoda Event. I can work on them and try for the next tiers on future events that way. It gives me progressive goals, like the Droid event. Like the Ewok Event.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Every single event will 'be for whales' because they have more heroes upgraded or ready to upgrade than F2P.

Every single aspect of this game is aimed towards whales.

Galactic War is easier with more heroes.
    Arena is easier with good P2W heroes like Leia.
    Raids give you more rewards with 25 high level heroes.
    Events will be easier to be eligible for as whales have more heroes upgraded.

What exactly did you expect?

All of that being said, these heroes are farmable:
    Admiral Ackbar
    Stormtrooper Han
    Lando
    Luke
    Biggs
    HRScout
    HRSoldier
    Fives
    Clone Sergeant

All of these heroes are not farmable:
    Rex
    Echo
    Leia
    Han Solo (we can't really count him yet)

For someone to say that you have to be a whale to compete in this event is absolutely ludicrous.

LOL, no. You should sell used cars or something... Or work in politics as a spin doctor.

Here's how this actually plays out.

5 of 13 are unavailable to the playerbase: Rex, Echo, Leia, Han and Wedge whom you left out. (5)
    1 of 13 were unavailable until just recently: AA (6)
    2 of 13 are difficult Cantina farms: Fives, HRSc (8)
    1 of 13 is a very difficult farm in 3 hard nodes only: Clone Sergeant (9)
    1 of 13 is an EXTREMELY difficult ONE HARD NODE farm: HRSo (10)

That leaves us with *FOUR* chars readily available: Biggs, Lando, Luke and STH

Of those four chars left, only one has ever been viable in any GW or Arena, STH.

So you spent all your Cantina currency in Fives and HRSc. Okay.

Then you spent all your Squad currency on STH and AA in the last month, since he was made available to farm... Okay.

And you farmed Lando because he has a cool mustache. Sure.

Then you geared them all up to G9 with max abilities and Clvl 78-80?

Come on, Turtle... Even you can't seriously think anyone's buying it.

• Options
    Every single event will 'be for whales' because they have more heroes upgraded or ready to upgrade than F2P.

Every single aspect of this game is aimed towards whales.

Galactic War is easier with more heroes.
    Arena is easier with good P2W heroes like Leia.
    Raids give you more rewards with 25 high level heroes.
    Events will be easier to be eligible for as whales have more heroes upgraded.

What exactly did you expect?

All of that being said, these heroes are farmable:
    Admiral Ackbar
    Stormtrooper Han
    Lando
    Luke
    Biggs
    HRScout
    HRSoldier
    Fives
    Clone Sergeant

All of these heroes are not farmable:
    Rex
    Echo
    Leia
    Han Solo (we can't really count him yet)

For someone to say that you have to be a whale to compete in this event is absolutely ludicrous.

I expected you to reply with a simple "no" like you usually do!
  • Options
    to those of you that say this event is only for whales:
    if they are the whales that own every character like you say they do, then earning shards from the event won't help them very much because you say they ALREADY have all the characters. there wouldnt be a benefit other than credits and possibly gear.

This event is for those that built rebel/clone teams, whether F2P or P2P.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    I have spent over 1500$ US, and I will not be able to participate.

I chose to prioritize Jedi, and I will own that it was my choice to do so. It's not that I don't have the characters, its that they arent geared, levelled, and starred. This is disappointing.

My 5*, g6, lvl 50 Leia; 5*, g6, lvl 50 STHan; 4*, g5, lvl 40 Biggs; 4*, g5, lvl 40 CS; 2*, g5, lvl 40 Lando; and 3*, g4, lvl 30 Luke should be able to participate in a lower tier for reduced rewards, like the Yoda Event. I can work on them and try for the next tiers on future events that way. It gives me progressive goals, like the Droid event. Like the Ewok Event.

arent you happy about the yoda event though? you can use all of the jedi you worked hard for. You had a turn with jedi events. Now those who made rebel/clone teams get a turn.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    More events is (are?) more content. Yeah, I'm in favor of more content. You wouldn't have to be a whale to participate in this event anyway -
    Ackbar (who should be being farmed for raid ph. 1 anyway)
    STHan
    Fives (see AA)
    Luke
    Biggs

Easy peasy.

To farm Admiral Ackbar, you need 80 + 65 + 85 + 100 = 330 shards, 66 purchases (26,400 currency) from the arena shop. At rank 1 - 1100 currency per day with daily acitivty reward - you get 11 pulls every four days. Twenty-four days of being #1 at payout and spending all your resources on AA.

Luke and Biggs suck. Nobody has 'em and nobody has the time to farm them.

But even if you did do *everything* right... You still need all the credits, ability mats and gear to level them up?!

Chances are very slim that anyone who isn't a whale or healthy dolphin has anything resembling a proper team for this event.
  • Options
    Powda wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    More events is (are?) more content. Yeah, I'm in favor of more content. You wouldn't have to be a whale to participate in this event anyway -
    Ackbar (who should be being farmed for raid ph. 1 anyway)
    STHan
    Fives (see AA)
    Luke
    Biggs

Easy peasy.

To farm Admiral Ackbar, you need 80 + 65 + 85 + 100 = 330 shards, 66 purchases (26,400 currency) from the arena shop. At rank 1 - 1100 currency per day with daily acitivty reward - you get 11 pulls every four days. Twenty-four days of being #1 at payout and spending all your resources on AA.

Luke and Biggs suck. Nobody has 'em and nobody has the time to farm them.

But even if you did do *everything* right... You still need all the credits, ability mats and gear to level them up?!

Chances are very slim that anyone who isn't a whale or healthy dolphin has anything resembling a proper team for this event.

1+ so true
  • Options
    This event is for whales, as was the Yoda the first two times.