Should we have events aimed towards whales?

Prev1
Khorvog_Karbossa
1000 posts Member
edited May 2016
So with this new event,it encourages whales.
Most of us might have stHan leveled up, but what else? Other Than gran Moff tarkin, what else is available? We are the f2p and dolphins, and we don't have rebels/ empire

These events seem like they are aimed at the people spending hundreds on the game. While I am happy we have these whales, I do not think we should have events geared towards them.
What do you think?

Should we have events aimed towards whales? 134 votes

I am a whale and I am happy we have this event
5%
bleeaauuhNaecabonRogan_Ban84AscansioFabzorzValent_AntonaDeadHeadAndy 7 votes
I am a whale and I disagree with this eveny
6%
SaetetPadmeLeandrovvDarth_NihilusIAmExceptionTimitockkbonifaymaraJade789MrGrips 9 votes
I am not a whale and hate this event
41%
clagsmdKhorvog_KarbossaL45TPH45EBoro_Smooth1AvesGastTakDeathstrokekozakjanosScorpion1980five2zeroOmarFPGottomadduxCasual_PlayerElyndriaChunDrexnawKrixGeofRivAegisSaigeMikymate 56 votes
I am not a whale and like this event
46%
SManJJHcosmicturtle333SysyBigfoot1080ElSoldado_23Megadeth3700NadanaLazerriftAimingForGamingNikoms565PhippsRed_CometEibbor_TharthStarjumperharryseldonmedetecGreg1920Soul_JahZemyn 62 votes

Replies

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You do understand that this event is Rebels and clones fighting the empire.. leveling up grand Moff would not have ANY impact on this event. :#
  • Options
    You do understand that this event is Rebels and clones fighting the empire.. leveling up grand Moff would not have ANY impact on this event. :#

Crap sorry, @BentWookiee I'm kinda wasted atm lmao but I think my point still makes sense
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Crap sorry, @BentWookiee I'm kinda wasted atm lmao but I think my point still makes sense

Ahhh.. I understand. Drinking and foruming can be a dangerous combo. :)
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Don't really know just how hard it is so tough to comment tbh! Can't we all just come together and do a Yoda-like nerf cry next weekend?
  • AceCV
    996 posts Member
    Options
    This poll only makes sense after knowing if the event will be recorrent or not.....and yes....a bit of confusion in the info there....rebels and clones only.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Is this event really for whales? There's loads of free-to-play rebels and clones. If anything it's for players who have been playing the longest.
  • Options
    Every single event will 'be for whales' because they have more heroes upgraded or ready to upgrade than F2P.

Every single aspect of this game is aimed towards whales.

Galactic War is easier with more heroes.
    Arena is easier with good P2W heroes like Leia.
    Raids give you more rewards with 25 high level heroes.
    Events will be easier to be eligible for as whales have more heroes upgraded.

What exactly did you expect?

All of that being said, these heroes are farmable:
    Admiral Ackbar
    Stormtrooper Han
    Lando
    Luke
    Biggs
    HRScout
    HRSoldier
    Fives
    Clone Sergeant

All of these heroes are not farmable:
    Rex
    Echo
    Leia
    Han Solo (we can't really count him yet)

For someone to say that you have to be a whale to compete in this event is absolutely ludicrous.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    The most disappointing aspect of this event is that it's going to force me to finally drop $1m + gear to move my otherwise utterly garbage Biggs beyond 6* G6.
  • Options
    i probably won't finish it, but i like events like this. i think the issue is there should be a lot of events to that even if non-whales can't finish they can get the content.

In my opinion whales should receive:
    more content
    more shards
    more credits

but not more gear. the unobtainable gear is what I take issue with. This event is perfect for rewarding whales.
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    Options
    I think the point above that whales will of course be better prepared for events and have an everyday advantage is relevant. Keep spending so I can continue to enjoy this game for free.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    We need to give the whales more to play with than those Free-To-Play scum! Give them more events, more benefits, more everything positive! Restrict and break the playable characters to the FTP community! Add a monthly subscription! There needs to be a bigger gap between the godly whales and those fools who play for free. I can only pray this is the start for change.

#FeedTheWhales #DeathToFreeToPlay
  • SMan
    49 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not a whale, but rebels are my main team, so im excited there is an event I'll finally be well equipped for, unlike the jedi, droids, etc events that I had to watch/play catch-up on frustratedly.
  • L45TPH45E
    39 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    once again the devs make a krap event.

all events should be accessible to all players. Not just players who have reached the cap and have bought all the characters with real money or the people lucky enough to have the correct characters.

the whales that have all the characters maxed have no need for shards. and if items means gears, then they probably have all of that too.

so they use their maxed out team to cruise through your event, and then they are bored again. well done.

when the event begins, most likely an empire pack will be sold in store.... which the whales wont need. and everyone else who might buy it wont have enough shards or credits to max them and gear them to use in the event.

could you please hire someone new to make better events that are fun... for everyone? please? no? typical.
  • Options
    @Khorvog_Karbossa
    By your definition any 'non meta toon' event will be for whales. I spend a bit on the game but am certainly not a while but am looking forward to this event even though I don't think I have enough toons levelled.

The rebels/clones is probably the best faction to go with for an event. Think of the others - nightsisters, first order, resistance, sith, scoundrels - how would you do forming a fully levelled squad from one of those factions or even a combination of two? You'd probably be in a similar situation.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I like rewarding synergy. I like the concept of hard end game concept. I don't mind excluding people if they don't have the right toons.

I would like more info if this will be recurring or not to know if I should invest in a guy like Biggs. (I really don't want to)

Calling this a whale event is like calling the droids a whale event. I couldn't participate in the droid event because I only have two. Who cares.

My only comment would be providing an easy version with crappy rewards like the omega event is a good idea.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I don't really see how this is geared at whales; they obviously benefit from every event but who cares? If we didn't have whales and there was no such thing your cry wouldn't be about whales getting an event then you'd still be upset that someone else farmed rebels and clones and you didn't. I can't participate in every event but I still like the ones I can participate in and think they're fun. Maybe you'll get the next event and others won't. Why does everything have to be kept at some lowest common denominator? So what, not everyone won... not everyone gets a first place trophy.... meh.
  • Options
    If anything these kinds of events are geared to the players who have been building towards a faction team as opposed to those players who have just been grabbing heroes from different factions.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Dude come on I bet if this was a Jawa event you would be jumping in your bed. I am looking forward to farming clones and rebels now. AA here I come
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Options
    The reason they are giving these events is for the whales, they need to keep them busy. It's either give these kind of events or raise the level cap to 90. So decide what you would rather
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    This, like other events, isn't aimed at whales. By definition of a whale, they can participate in any and every event as they have access to a full roster of levelled characters. The reason these events are created is simple: they are a sales push. Whales will spend regardless; these events will be carefully chosen to incentivise the maximum amount of spending, using data sets showing the highest groups of spending players who are close to having viable sets of characters. This is about maximising revenue from large groups of players.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Options
    Every single event will 'be for whales' because they have more heroes upgraded or ready to upgrade than F2P.

Admiral Ackbar
    Stormtrooper Han
    Lando
    Luke
    Biggs
    HRScout
    HRSoldier
    Fives
    Clone Sergeant

Rex
    Echo
    Leia

For someone to say that you have to be a whale to compete in this event is absolutely ludicrous.
    Would agree with this except for the fact that it stated it was tuned for max gear and abilities. Abilities not too far off but max gear is definitely kinda whaleish. Even at that I'm still ok with it. Would like to participate but am cool with the fact I won't be able to.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    I don't have Yoda and won't for a very long time. That's because I don't use Jedi and didn't farm them just to participate in an event. I've got just enough to make it through this event: AA, STH, HRS, Lando, and Fives. I've farmed these guys from the start and this event is coming just in time for me, but that's just luck on my part.

I'm fine with the event for the same reason I was fine for the Yoda event: it's something for people to do. Just curious, did anyone start a negative thread about the Yoda event requirements? They likely did and I'm pretty sure the majority of people like the end result.
  • Options

Admiral Ackbar
    Stormtrooper Han
    Lando
    Luke
    Biggs
    HRScout
    HRSoldier
    Fives
    Clone Sergeant

Rex
    Echo
    Leia

I was gonna say exactly this. Perfect.
  • Options
    This ^
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    Options

For those who say that this is an event that every FTP can take part in, I agree. There are so many FTP rebel and clone characters, but how many FTP have 5 high level, 6-7 star gear 9 or above those characters?

Let's look at the list, Clones:
    Rex and Echo are exclusive, yes clone sergeant phase 1 is farmable but without Rex and echo, who will want to take months to farmable him from hard node? He is not a top tier character and difficult to farm, some more he is not that awesome unless you are building a clone team. Again it is FTP, I agree, but let us face the reality: how many FTP has him at high level, 6-7 star, gear 9 or above?
    Indeed Fives in the only character a FTP possibly has.
    Let's look at the rebels:
    Leia is exclusive character.
    For those who are saying you can farm HRSoldier, well, his shards are from hard node only and there is one node available. Without using a refresher, it takes only 330 days to farm him if someone can predict the event will happen in June,2016. Yes, such a good option for FTP.

This event is only limited for either PTP or such a small proportion of FTP who is using a rebel team(let us not talk about clone team, it is impossible to achieve that for them).
    It will be much better if the event require 5 jedi/rebel/first order because a lot of players have 5 high level, well equipped these players. Another approach is to lower down the character requirement, for example 5 level 60, gear 7 characters can also clear the event, not necessarily meant for max gear max level. If the event is recurrent like yoda event and everyone can have enough time to prepare for it, it would be good as well.
  • AimingForGaming
    334 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    L45TPH45E wrote: »
    all events should be accessible to all players.

Terrible, terrible idea, buddy. -1 for not seeing the value in having less players play any or all aspects of the game.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    I dont get why there are no (if i read the notes) lower difficulties like with everything else. It will take f2p and p2p people months to get a team ready. So now you make a whale only event? Why? They really dont need empire shards, because they already have all those toons.... So what is the point?
  • Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    I dont get why there are no (if i read the notes) lower difficulties like with everything else. It will take f2p and p2p people months to get a team ready. So now you make a whale only event? Why? They really dont need empire shards, because they already have all those toons.... So what is the point?

EA are secretly Dark Lords of the Sith, and thrive more on the misery of f2p and p2w players than they do on money.
  • Options
    Things that are bugging me

1 - we all ask for new content. We get new content and just because it doesn't 'fit' your specific roster it leads to complaints
    2 - everyone has the choice to farm who they want and could build/have built a team for this event. If you have chosen to level other toons - don't complain about it
    3 - when the yoda event was released many people didn't have the jedi ready so they went to farm them. Exactly the same situation
    4 - there is clearly a pattern emerging. We have had droid, ewok and jedi events so far so it's likely to follow there will be rebel, resistance, first order, scoundrel events coming up. If you haven't clocked that yet maybe there's no helping you.
    5 - the event clearly is for everyone. If it was a whale only event the criteria would be a minimum spend of £2000 on the game so we need to stop saying it's whale only
    6 - the event will be difficult - good. They've told us in advance. Most content is on the easy side so hopefully this will provide some challenge.
    7 - whales don't care and probably think it's funny that everyone is whinging
    8.- devs hopefully won't care. Refer to point 1. They are creating new content and it's not their fault how equipped you are for it. Refer to point 4 for predicted future events and try and get a jump on them
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    More events is (are?) more content. Yeah, I'm in favor of more content. You wouldn't have to be a whale to participate in this event anyway -
    Ackbar (who should be being farmed for raid ph. 1 anyway)
    STHan
    Fives (see AA)
    Luke
    Biggs

Easy peasy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*