Empire event, fun or next dissappointment?

124Next

Replies

• Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Plo Koon is a jedi not clones

Agreed, they're likely requiring characters that state Clone or Rebel as an affiliation under the character info.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    I am disappointed that I cannot participate with the Jedi I had to farm for Yoda. The level and gear requirements are exclusionary enough, no need for such limited character selcection.

EXACTLY, an event is an EVENT make it as hard as you want, but *I* should be able to use whatever TOONS I have not limited choices.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    For me it will be a disappointment. This gear wall has been hard to get past. Not getting gear I need in raids. Spent too much money already. Not planning to spend more.

This challenge is for max (unobtanium) gear level 80 so it is explicitly set up for 1 of 3 groups: whales, precrafters, and guild hoppers. Apparently this is the solution that they have been discussing being closed doors.

Oh, I am sure they might offer something additional for a cost.
  • Options
    @Jedi_Yoda Vader shards comes from achievement if manage to clear the event not from the reward of rhe event itself
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    People always want to complain about whales, but when new characters are released and people are starved for info, who do they ask, the whale who has the character. Whales are also the ones who helped FTP characters plan out who to farm to be competitive in arenas as well as released the "speed guide" way back when speed was relevant. Imo whales should just keep to themselves if people are gonna just bully them and complain about them. CG intends to give "end game content" events are a way for them to do so. The empire assault event will most likely be tiered just like the droid event so that all can participate but with the highest tier being more of a challenge. If it were too easy, whales would complain, if it were too hard FTP will complain. I for one am happy that new stuff is being released, the events are a nice change of pace.

People are curious Whales are hardly sources of info, they know less than others they just have the character, but ALL of us can click on a character or do research like swgoh.gg which has ALL info.

Whales help FTP characters? Really? I thought we helped each other?!?

People are not complaining about Whales, people covet what they do NOT have, that's totally different and natural. People are complaining THEY can't do certain things because THEY have to pony up $$$ hard earned for a game.. Whales are neither special nor are they insightful its like the rich kid with a new car.. people are curious how it looks but once they see it they could care less, only the rich kid brags about what they have, the rest we really don't care what you have.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    @Jedi_Yoda Vader shards comes from achievement if manage to clear the event not from the reward of rhe event itself

OK thanks for clarifying.
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    For me it will be a disappointment. This gear wall has been hard to get past. Not getting gear I need in raids. Spent too much money already. Not planning to spend more.

This challenge is for max (unobtanium) gear level 80 so it is explicitly set up for 1 of 3 groups: whales, precrafters, and guild hoppers. Apparently this is the solution that they have been discussing being closed doors.

Oh, I am sure they might offer something additional for a cost.

Looking at the tuned difficulties it is sure it will be very hard. Im expected like at the last yoda event before they 'nerfed it'.
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    OMG, and this thread divulged into whales vs. F2P again? Ugh... there are good and bad players on both sides of the coin, knowledgeable and not on both sides as well. Spending entertainment money on this game doesn't make people bad either. Could we move away from this whole stupid arguement and be happy that EA is giving us something new? Yes, they may give us a new pack to buy and it might be priced crazily too but it's your option to buy or not to buy it, no reason to complain about it when that comes too. Seriously people, move on already...
  • Haihs
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Two days to know it!!
  • Options

Agreed, they're likely requiring characters that state Clone or Rebel as an affiliation under the character info.

Well that is stinky. Plo Koon is my carry over from my jedi farming for yoda. Was hoping i could double-dip since my rebels/clones are sooooo weak. Oh well. I have too many other active farms going to stop for a rebel team.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options

Well that is stinky. Plo Koon is my carry over from my jedi farming for yoda. Was hoping i could double-dip since my rebels/clones are sooooo weak. Oh well. I have too many other active farms going to stop for a rebel team.

Yeah I'm hoping that PK is one of the characters they're re-working and give him the clone affiliation as well.
  • Options
    Why not wait for the event before complaining?

Right?!?! Maybe this will be a recurring event and folks can prep for it like we did Yoda. EA is giving us something new try and be happy about it instead of complaining, my goodness...

Maybe you're right but some idea of the rewards will tell us if it is even worth the resources before it begins. As of right now I don't want to spend any of the precious resources to do something I may not want to do......*cough* Droid event. I mean I was building a droid team as it was but I was so excited only to be disappointed.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Why not wait for the event before complaining?

Right?!?! Maybe this will be a recurring event and folks can prep for it like we did Yoda. EA is giving us something new try and be happy about it instead of complaining, my goodness...

Maybe you're right but some idea of the rewards will tell us if it is even worth the resources before it begins. As of right now I don't want to spend any of the precious resources to do something I may not want to do......*cough* Droid event. I mean I was building a droid team as it was but I was so excited only to be disappointed.

That's the cool thing about the Event. If it's not worth doing then you don't need to do it to unlock anything else at least. I only did the tier 1 droid even because I wanted to try my GG without investing much into him. LOL