Empire event, fun or next dissappointment?

Prev134
So according to the last community update here :
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/43301/community-update-5-27-2016#latest
We will have new event, Empire Assault, at June 2nd. This is a good news for some players that demand new content or those that seek another game mode. So what do this event has for us? According to the community update, we will rewarded with shards and items for empire characters. They also grant us with new achievement which awards 10 Vader Shards & 5000 Ally Coins. Looks good on paper eh? I know a lot of players building an empire team and this event is probably the right place to farm shards you need.
So what we need to participate in this event? This event is visible at lv 75 but unlocked at lv 78. We also need rebel and/or clone character. Mind you as stated in the update is this event is meant to be challenging and is tuned for level 80 players. Difficulty is very high, tuned for 5 level 80 characters at 6-7 stars with maxed out gear and abilities.. You can compare it with omega event as it is tuned for 3 level 78 characters at 3 stars so you have rough image how hard it will be.
Now if we look back for the last 2 events which is Yoda event and Droid event, what we have? The first day Yoda event opened, Yoda has lv 80 and very difficult to beat. The droid event is I would say kind of disappointment as the original droid event reward the players with droid shards, instead we now have jawa shards and we have to use energy to play it.
Now we need to farm our rebels and clones toons. Unfortunately Leia, the best rebel, is chromium only. Of course you can still make a rebel team without her, but will it be as good as if you have her? For the clones itself only 2 of them is farmable. The reward itself will not include the precious Vader shards and atm only RG is a viable empire toon.
So, will you participate in this event or not is up to you. I for myself hoping there is a lower tier in this event that offer great value and the event itself as a great new experience
TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50

Replies

• EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    They're for the whales who already have everything maxed. Do you think that a normal player would already have these toons at max gear, let alone promoted to level 80 or have clone toons like Rex or Echo.

No this is EA/CG continuing to feed the whales while everyone else is jacked.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Looks okay.

Early FTP shod have ST Han, Fives, Ackbar leveled and starred. We will see if those 3 plus scrubs can do it. I suspect they will be light on DPS. But I bet if you had a good HRs with those 3 that you would be in good shape
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I'm excited about it and have to say we should wait and see before we complain. I complained about the droid event prior to my participating and it actually was way better than it appeared at first glance. Lesson learned... I will defer my complaining until I know what I'm complaining about. The droid event has been great... I've booked an extra 400k plus in credits and they were much needed!
  • Options
    Feed the whales I say, keep me playing this free game.

I unfortunately won't be able to participate considering rebels/clones are not a faction I really messed with building, but good for those players who have.

Now if they do a First Order event I'm set...(or a Jedi, Droid....and in a month or two Empire/Ewoks)
  • Options
    I won't be maxed... But I should be competitive
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    more stuff to do. I don't see any issue. People are being warned it will be very difficult, but of course I think those will be the #1 complaints and as a result that the rewards are not enough.

I personally won't be able to do much as I can only project to having 3 decent toons for it this time around. Maybe there are some rewards for each fight and I'll be able to get stuff with a sub par 5. I'll keep throwing resources at those 5 to see if I can go a little deeper. But if not, hopefully there will be next time. And I suspect there will be a next time, since it involves an achievement for 10 Vader shards.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Bottom Line there are 15 eligible toons, you need 5, 7 of those toons are hard node only or chromium exclusive, and many of the rest suck, or at the very least are low enough that people are nto spending their one furnace on them.

So if your not a whale gear 8 is the best you can hope for on most of these and outside of STHan and Fives most f2p would be lucky to have one more toon out of the remaining.
  • Options
    @EM650 yes unfortanately looks like having leia, rex and echo would be great advantage
  • Options
    @Veritasum i also aware that i wont do far in this event too. thats why im hoping the good experience from this event because the mechanic is different with all other event we have experienced at this point.
  • isreal
    200 posts Member
    Options
    EM650 wrote: »
    They're for the whales who already have everything maxed. Do you think that a normal player would already have these toons at max gear, let alone promoted to level 80 or have clone toons like Rex or Echo.

This doesn't make sense. Whales who already have everything maxed have no use for shards or tokens of any type...especially since Vader shards are not a reward.

No matter what, it's something else to do and I'm looking forward to it.
  • DarthBalls
    518 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It's not a whale event. I have a 7* Fives and Han... And 6* AA, HRS and Lando. Seems like a fun team to battle with to me. I'm not a whale
  • Options
    Honestly I'm excited. This will be the testing ground for my Rebel ideas. I'm very excited. Oh yeah and Lord Vadar and Emperor Wrinkles I'm coming for you!!!!!!!!! Fear the Stache!!!!!
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like a dissapointment that you have to be level capped and only for high end players ill be reach 79 by event launch and wont benefit much but hopefully it will come back in a few months and will be able to participate for top rewards seems like there only rewarding whales and top end players!!!! So really leaving f2p in the dust
  • Options
    @isreal its just like what @DarthMasterShawn said it could be good testing ground, some players look for more challenge or just want to experience something new

@brett94 level cap just an 'incentive' for you to level up faster so you could participate in the event ;)
  • Options
    isreal wrote: »

This doesn't make sense. Whales who already have everything maxed have no use for shards or tokens of any type...especially since Vader shards are not a reward.

Didn't the end of the announcement say there are ten vader shards as a related achievement?
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    isreal wrote: »

Didn't the end of the announcement say there are ten vader shards as a related achievement?

Yes
  • isreal
    200 posts Member
    Options
    @isreal its just like what @DarthMasterShawn said it could be good testing ground, some players look for more challenge or just want to experience something new

I agree a bajillion percent. GW used to be my testing grounds and now the pigs/rancor face my test teams.

Having anotheir testing ground is awesome!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    If this event comes back every month like Yoda I don't see a problem with it. I doubt most people had 5 7* Jedi laying around when Yoda was first announced.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused as to why clones are allowed? Aren't they basically empire? I mean, i know they died out, and some went on to join the empire in the early days. But they are technicality not rebels either. Seems to me that the event would make more sense if you had to run rebels or ewoks.
  • Options
    Scorn wrote: »
    I'm a little confused as to why clones are allowed? Aren't they basically empire? I mean, i know they died out, and some went on to join the empire in the early days. But they are technicality not rebels either. Seems to me that the event would make more sense if you had to run rebels or ewoks.

Because this is a game and not canon? Why are Darth Sideous and Luke Skywalker allowed to be buddy buddies on an arena team?
  • Options
    I wouldn't be calling this a whale event yet. I have a team of Rebels that are all 7* and maxed for level 70. I haven't even been able to max my arena team for 80 yet, so if the event really does require a Rebel team maxed for 80 I'm going to be disappointed. But I have been completing LS/DS battles far above my level since I started the game, and hopefully this event is no different and my team of Rebels maxed at the 70 cap will be able to complete it.
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    Options
    ST Han, Fives, Hoth Rebel Scout, and Admiral SnAckbar are all good characters with easy farms. Lando and Luke are more situational but also easy to farm. You also have Clone Sergeant and Hoth Rebel Soldier as FTP-attainable hard node farms.

I don't have the squad promoted and leveled to participate in this event, but I fail to see how it is whales only. I, for one, am thankful that we are starting to see events like this becoming commonplace. It encourages players to pursue synergies over the so-called meta and rewards us for having a roster of toons that we like even if they aren't fit for a top arena squad.
  • Chaxis
    40 posts Member
    Options
    Nice to see more new content;
    However It will be interesting to see how many players can actually have a go at this.
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    People always want to complain about whales, but when new characters are released and people are starved for info, who do they ask, the whale who has the character. Whales are also the ones who helped FTP characters plan out who to farm to be competitive in arenas as well as released the "speed guide" way back when speed was relevant. Imo whales should just keep to themselves if people are gonna just bully them and complain about them. CG intends to give "end game content" events are a way for them to do so. The empire assault event will most likely be tiered just like the droid event so that all can participate but with the highest tier being more of a challenge. If it were too easy, whales would complain, if it were too hard FTP will complain. I for one am happy that new stuff is being released, the events are a nice change of pace.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Sparrow wrote: »
    Bottom Line there are 15 eligible toons, you need 5, 7 of those toons are hard node only or chromium exclusive, and many of the rest suck, or at the very least are low enough that people are nto spending their one furnace on them.

So if your not a whale gear 8 is the best you can hope for on most of these and outside of STHan and Fives most f2p would be lucky to have one more toon out of the remaining.

I also have Biggs and AA, was slowly working on HRS and can get him to 6* in time. But as you said who has the furnaces to waste?
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    Scorn wrote: »

The clones are actually the good guys. Senator palpating put a mind control chip in all clones brains which overrode their brains to kill the Jedi. Some clones actually joined the rebellion like Rex.

Sorry, nerded out a little.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I am disappointed that I cannot participate with the Jedi I had to farm for Yoda. The level and gear requirements are exclusionary enough, no need for such limited character selcection.
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    Options
    Since there is an achievement, event must reappear time to time. If so, no need to complain about something, I think. It's like one more reason to farm Biggs, let's say. Fives and STHan are very good, many are after them right now. Ackbar is extremely viable for Raids. So 3 good f2p characters.
    Biggs is an easy farm and no one will suffer from one more damage dealer in roster to be used against Rancor. HRScout and Lando are also not bad and have their use.
    Can't see why it should be a waste or a reason to complain.
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    Options
    I am excited! I am no whale, I have no Leia. I do have lots of rebels. What I don't have - Yoda, droids - I feel like it is my turn!
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • TruffleJones
    61 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    I am excited! I am no whale, I have no Leia. I do have lots of rebels. What I don't have - Yoda, droids - I feel like it is my turn!

I thought you uninstalled? :o