Best F2P team in the game??

Im thinking about Sid, Luminare, JC but dunno the other 2. Maybe Luke and Phasma? whats your opinion guys?

Replies

• Options
    NewHope wrote: »
    Im thinking about Sid, Luminare, JC but dunno the other 2. Maybe Luke and Phasma? whats your opinion guys?

Definitely not those, think synergy not throwing bunch of character together.
  • Options
    Any suggestion?
  • SaVaGeTnK
    108 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There are many threads here you can look and are very good reads. I suggest you do that. You learn a lot lurking around the forum ;)

But right off the bat JC, Lumi and Sid are good fast choices to help you in missions and challenges. For Arena and GW you will need to start thinking on the long run synergy for a team. It also depends on your luck with bronzium cards.

Heronmar wrote: »

Sadly there's not much synergy he can do if he is starting out and is f2p.

• Options
    I have Mace, Chewy, Jedi Guardian, Barris Offee, and Jedi Consular. All rank 4, except chewy (3), all level 4 items except Guardian (5).

I do pretty well 2 healers with awesome damage, and good synergy. I am moving up the ranks in PvP.

I use Mace as the leader to give jedi 12% bonus to offense and 3% crit.. when I have Darth Sidius which gives additional crit in cantina this team is unstoppable.. only thing that stops me is energy.

On galactic war I get about 7 or 8 crates before I die and then I use my items to upgrade.

Mace just rocks especially when he gets defense up, I have him on level 4 assault.. massive hits.

What screws me is the AI targeting, sometimes I get a bad run and opposition targets chewy all at once, and I lose my defense bonus and I am dead.. but if he is alive my team is alive.

Get a good tank that's the key.
  • Options
    thats not a f2p team. you buy both packs :)
  • Options
    Yeah I think my point was the tank.. you don't have to buy him
  • Options
    i dont think chewie is a good tank in future.
  • Options
    Yeah I am reading there are better tanks, so thats probably why I die in higher levels.. I am working on poe but I sunk my time \ money into chewy thinking he would be good..

Poe isn't far behind but I don't have any shards for more tanks.. but poe seems to die quick chewy can do well if the enemy doesn't focus fire on him..
  • Options
    My response would be probably either:

Sid (L), Vader, IG88, Poggle, Luminara

Or

Phasma (L), FOTP, Kylo (if you consider him FTP... debatable), Dooku, Poe/Han
  • Raves
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma(L), FOTP, Luminara, Han, Sid

Heals, damage, turn manipulation.
  • Daprosy
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3083/whipits-f2p-team-for-arena/p1

I use Phasma (lead)/Sid/Fives/Lumi/Luke and I am free to play in the top 50 in arena Lv44

Just got Lumi and sid...JC has put in a good shift for me
  • Heronmar
    433 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    SaVaGeTnK wrote: »
    There are many threads here you can look and are very good reads. I suggest you do that. You learn a lot lurking around the forum ;)

But right off the bat JC, Lumi and Sid are good fast choices to help you in missions and challenges. For Arena and GW you will need to start thinking on the long run synergy for a team. It also depends on your luck with bronzium cards.

I consider myself f2p, bought the Dooku pack but since I don't use him in my arena, f2p for all intents and purposes.

Maxing characters is overrated and anything over 6* is a waste, synergised team of 4* will beat non-synergetic 5*s or 6*s.

Team 1: Droid Team, HK47, IG88,IG86, Poggle, X (you should be able to get IG86 for free if Android search bluestacks in forum, but regardless farm IG86 from GW, IG88 from Arena once you get him to 4*, switch to HK47 and by the that you also should have Poggle, takes roughly about 16 days.)

Team 2: Team Cookie: Sid, Lumi, JC, Geo, Han
    Team 3: Team AoE: Sid, IG88, Poe, Phasma, Lumi
    Team 4: Nightsisters: Asajj, Ahsoka, Daka, Nightsister Initiate, Talia
    Team 5: Team Stun: Phasma, Coruscant, Dooku ($$ or lucky), Daka, X
    Team 6: Team FO: Phasma, Kylo, Han/Poe/Chewie, FO Officer, Lumi

There are so many team that you can go for even if you f2p, just don't get **** into Sid/Lumi rest sucks abyss

Edit: Didn't include Vader since I'm level58 and I'll just get him today as I unlock Lumi. Also didn't include Barriss as she is an incredibly lucky bronzium pull.
  • Options

I consider myself f2p, bought the Dooku pack but since I don't use him in my arena, f2p for all intents and purposes.

Maxing characters is overrated and anything over 6* is a waste, synergised team of 4* will beat non-synergetic 5*s or 6*s.

Team 1: Droid Team, HK47, IG88,IG86, Poggle, X (you should be able to get IG86 for free if Android search bluestacks in forum, but regardless farm IG86 from GW, IG88 from Arena once you get him to 4*, switch to HK47 and by the that you also should have Poggle, takes roughly about 16 days.)

There are so many team that you can go for even if you f2p, just don't get **** into Sid/Lumi rest sucks abyss

Edit: Didn't include Vader since I'm level58 and I'll just get him today as I unlock Lumi. Also didn't include Barriss as she is an incredibly lucky bronzium pull.

Im curious into that team cookie you have there, is that geonisian soldier youre using? wouldnt there be a better choice?
  • Options

Im curious into that team cookie you have there, is that geonisian soldier youre using? wouldnt there be a better choice?

I'm not using him as I run droids but he is incredibly good and will only become better. Expect him to be the new FOTP with the Jan update, he'll get to Gear9, will probably out-speed some of the fastest toons as well. I don't see him that often but one of the top3 in my server/shard use the Sid/Lumi/Geo/Barriss(JC)/Han build and I feel like that is the best iteration.

Everyone that is proc'd from an assist with the exception of Lumi is useful, Han alters turn meters, Sid can put healing immunity, JC can decrease CDs. I feel like Lumi might be replaced since that guy already runs Barriss but could not think of a better options, perhaps Kylo could be useful but Lumi's ability block is vital as well.
  • Options
    what about after this update, i was thinking.
    Leia, lando, Geo, lumi, sid. or replace lando with han or poe
  • Options

When most toons are 6* those extra points from the 7* give the edge and in endgame that edge wins more matches. I could agree that for mission you do not need maxing out, just good hp and 2 healers. For Arena and GW you need Max stats
  • Options
    what about after this update, i was thinking.
    Leia, lando, Geo, lumi, sid. or replace lando with han or poe

Lando/Leia are not f2p tho and they are not worth at 4*.

When most toons are 6* those extra points from the 7* give the edge and in endgame that edge wins more matches. I could agree that for mission you do not need maxing out, just good hp and 2 healers. For Arena and GW you need Max stats

Depends on your team I'd say, 100 shards per character is a lot and gives you roughly about 1k HP, 70 damage and a bit of crit.

Now if you do not have anyone that you want to commit sure maxing them seems good but, I feel like maxing should be left to when you hit 60. And the star difference is really only noticable in mirror matches where HP boost will keep your chin up.

For Arena I suppose it depends on your server/shard but for f2p I'd definitely say stop at 6* and get others before making them 7* and for GW, making your toons 7* is actually worse as it,

1) Increases your power rating hence your opponent difficulty
    2) Inhibits you from acquiring new toons
    3) Inhibits you from acquiring new toons.
    4) Inhibits you from acquiring new toons.

And the 2-3-4 are intentional not being absent-minded lol.
  • Options
    Yeah it depends on your focus. I'm focused on arena so I have worked Sid and Lumi to 7*. They tend to hit harder, more often, and survive a little longer so to me it makes it worthwhile. Plus power rating, even though most understand it isn't accurate, can still help convince people to avoid attacking you and since almost any team within a couple k power can win with RNG on their side I like thinking that my 7*s help prevent me from having to fight.

But by bumping my power level it feels like GW difficulty is also increasing which in the long run will make farming GW harder which in turn means my arena and mission life get more difficult.
  • Options
    It depends on the character. Glass cannons, for example, should absolutely be geared to 7*. Utility characters like Poggle and some taunters can afford not going to 7*.