Credit crunch for f2p - does it ever get better?

Replies

• Options
    Man you only need 7.6m credits?

I think i need somewhere around 450m credits... i would need about 12m credits just to get my arena squad up to my level (ive left them at 70 since cap increase. lv 79 currently)

Im just deepening my viable bench for raids. As long as instay top 200 in arena im not too concerned about lvling my a team.
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I spent 2 mil today, and it was all earned in the last 24 hrs. The crunch is improving. Gear is the problem now I think.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    I spent 2 mil today, and it was all earned in the last 24 hrs. The crunch is improving. Gear is the problem now I think.
    How do you earn 2 mil in 24 hours?
  • Options

empire event is 1.1mil, credit challenges is 300k, GW is 450k
  • Juckf11
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Gear is also a crunch. Shards was a crunch before, but the other two are harder now.
  • Oliverwilliohelma
    133 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Was there empire event on May 28th-29th?
  • Options
    I haven't spent a dime on this game and my arena team roster matches my current level, I have a dozen toons in the 60 - 70 range, no one is waiting on a promotion, and I'm sitting on a pile of 4 million credits that I'm not sure what to do with. Just don't level everyone that's all. I have a bunch of toons I have sitting at level 1, don't waste any credits
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    I haven't spent a dime on this game and my arena team roster matches my current level, I have a dozen toons in the 60 - 70 range, no one is waiting on a promotion, and I'm sitting on a pile of 4 million credits that I'm not sure what to do with. Just don't level everyone that's all. I have a bunch of toons I have sitting at level 1, don't waste any credits

You are quite new to this game.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    I have 20 credits left after getting Elder to 7*. Grinding GW now to get some back.
    It's a nightmare... I have 3 toons at 100/100 shards and can't afford to level them. Also have plenty of toons I want to play now to but they re within at level 50 or so ... getting them to 80 is insanely expensive.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    So no one views uses profit mining as even a partial cure? I haven't quite been desperate enough to do it yet, but I'm close.

No. What's 8.4k credits when it's over 1/4 million just to move up one level?

Profit mining is the biggest waste of energy in this game. Only someone new on low levels would even consider it.
  • Options

Was there empire event on May 28th-29th?

Good point - no there wasn't!

Perhaps he did 3 GWs? that's possible in 24 hours - plus credit challenges
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »

You are quite new to this game.

I'm almost level 79 so not really
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Credit crunch is so bad since the rewards aren't scaled. When I was level 46 and going up one level cost 35k~ credits I was making I think 79k credits from the credit challenge. Now at level 80 it costs over 200k to level up once and I'm making 93k from the credit challenge. Makes sense.
  • Options
    It almost seems like the more you spend, the more they make you spend. Your extra spending to gear/star up toons doesn't give you any more credits (a little bit, but not much). Therefore, the faster you level, the more credit starved you are. F2P may be the least credit starved compared to P2W. The whole problem is due to the main source of credits is GW, which is daily regardless of spending. Stars and gear are related to spending. The main issue is no one who is P2W wants to drop the dough on credits compared to farming more stars / gear.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    SirBoss wrote: »
    Only gets worse but I'm only lvl 79. Hoping once I reach lvl cap again it will get better.

Not a chance.. it actually gets worse because the higher you are the more expensive it becomes.
  • Options
    Just don't spend on toons which you don't use!!!!!!!! Collect their shards, yes, but don't activate them. What's the point of activate an unused toon if you are not going to use them?Save, save and save!!!!!!

I want to use them all!!!!!!!!!
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    credit crunch never fades. I'm 80, my main arena team is maxed out, but I still need tens of millions of credits to promote and level the "for fun" projects I've been doing. I have 6 characters at 100/100 shards to promote to 7* and no credits to spare. Leveling characters is also a massive expense.

I wish there was a real credit event sometime, I've been credit broke for a long, long time now.
  • Options
    @Sirryker , just keep doing what your doing. It's a grind, a slog, a trudge... We all are going through it. The most important thing is what you already said: you went after players you like. That will keep the game fun for you. It has for me.

Yes, it's frustrating not having the credits to lvl up characters. I have 4 that are getting ready to jump to either 6-7* and I don't have the credits.

What I do is just hoard. Save up resources. If you don't spend a credit for a week you can save around 5 million between GW, arena, raids, challenges and farming. I've done it. If I can do it anyone can because I have the impulse control of a 5 year old when it comes to this game.

You have an awesome team. Just save up and you'll be golden, pony boy!

Excellent post. The point of F2P is that you have to manage your resources. The grind is part of the game. Save for promoting and spend very little on lvl until you have geared and promoted. I havnt lvld my main team in about a week because I was farming gear and other characters. I wanted a squad that would take the stress out of GW and now I have a squad for arena and GW. The only most of the toons I like. A few I have just for abilities. The only disappointment is Bobs Fett because he is my favorite and he is terrible at all levels. Keep grinding and budget
  • thecuriousocelot
    1030 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm ftp and really don't understand why people are struggling with credits. I have a squad of 16 7* toons, all level 80 or very close to it. Within around a weeks time, I estimate I will be able to take three further toons to 7* level 80. After that, credits will no longer be an issue - collecting shards for toons will become my focus once more and I'll happily sit back and save up credits, only spending them when I'm able to 7* and level up another toon. (Given that toons are generally not particularly viable and/or are unusable for high level raids anyway, there is really no pressure to level up low-star toons.)

I therefore wonder whether the credit crunch is related to how long people have been playing the game. Since I started in late Nov., I have (a) accumulated more credits than more recent players and (b) been able to sit around at the various level caps saving up credits each time it happened at 50/60/70, thus reducing the pressure to be levelling up toons sooner. Either way, after six months of consistent playing as a ftp (esp. competing GW on a regular basis), I would hope/expect other players to find themselves in a similar position to myself: credit crunch free.
  • Toben
    68 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Since I started in late Nov., I have (a) accumulated more credits than more recent players and (b) been able to sit around at the various level caps saving up credits each time it happened at 50/60/70, thus reducing the pressure to be levelling up toons sooner.

and don't forget, (c) you were already playing before several forms of credit income got nerfed repeatedly by EA.

TBH I find the credit crunch frustrating but manageable, except when EA comes along and springs some event on us that requires very specific toons with very little notice (Empire event, sudden un-announced Yoda, Droids, whatever). I've got enough credits to keep my main Arena and GW toons in good shape and occasionally, verrrry slowly build up a few extra guys... but I can't see how anyone could hope to beat this Empire event unless they've already got 5 high-leveled Rebels or they're willing to spend $$$$. There just aren't the available resources to take even just one character from zero to usable in such a short amount of time. I suppose that's the point.

I really do wish they'd make the credit event at least slightly usable though. It's incredibly bad at every tier, so there aren't many options for f2p players who want to focus on credit gain over other things to actually be able to do so.
  • Dark_Jedi
    169 posts Member
    Options
    I would say for me the single most frustrating thing about this game at the moment is the friggin credit crunch, it truly stinks bad, I am sitting on a ton of possible level ups as well as promotions, terrible, just terrible.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, it does get easier once you hit 80, but only if you're a dedicated daily player that does everything available to him. Once you reach the cap, you're no longer chasing levels and have a finite distance to achieve. I'm very close now to "catching up" to the point where I'll be able to max out 1 new guy every week or so. I have 3 guys that I need to spend about 12m on, but after that I just have a few guys that are 2-3 levels shy and are already full starts. At that point I'll be able to max each of those guys every day and after that I can start saving up credits for the future while casually leveling a new guy whenever I get them. I just hope we don't get another level bump for several more months. I'd rather see actual new content than simply more levels that don't offer anything unique.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    It doesn't get better and it won't until they address the issue of GW giving rewards scaled to when the cap was level 60.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Save for the furnace.

Personally, i gear a lot of toons at once. I just stop when the level requirements get to around 60 and it starts to actually get expensive. Then decide who to continue gearing from there.

If you wait til a toon is 7 star, how do u even keep track of how many of certain gears u will need? I know when a mk43 purplr cheesegrater pops up in shipmen5s, maybe i should buy it cuz 5 toons i want will eventually need it. I always gear first, levelling only as high as needed to gear. Then worry about stars later.

Before 60 things are cheap. Same idea with shipments gear for credits. So darn cheap, if i dont have 100 of it, i am buying it just in case.

Same with promo5ions. Ill promote any easy farm toon i am remotely interested in to 5 star. Unless i have other expenses in the short term.

I try to avoid the expensive mistakes and keep a lot of cheaper options open and close to ready. Right now i have phasma and jc, plo and ahsoka one step away from beast mode. Phasma will simmer until i get rey ready. Plo, jc, ahsoka are there for when i am ready for yoda event.
  • Options
    @Toben Out of interest, what were the 'several forms of credit income' that got nerfed repeatedly, aside from the 'Profit Mining' event (which I never used in any case).

Also, the thing about the empire event only being open to certain people is no different to when the Yoda event, for example, was first released. Then we were given little notice and I, along with many others, only had 2 Jedi's available to use because I was farming a different faction... rebels! The Empire event is really a separate issue of a perceived 'credit crunch' and, in any case, it's as available to ftp as every other event that's become before it so it really shouldn't be considered an 'issue' in the first place.
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Just got to level 80 f2p. If I stopped farming any new toons it will take me about 3 months to farm the 60 million credits I need to level/promote the toons I have that I have the needed shards to be 7*. Never bought a chrome pack ever. That's just normal daily activities farming.

It bites having potentially maxed out toons sitting at level 1 due to credits, but that's how it is. It's even more salt in the wound that I can see the couple of million I could get from the empire event, but I need about 14 million to max out the Biggs and Fives I have farmed that are useless currently due to credit crunch.

I love how the solution people offer is, "just don't use the toons you have farmed. Look at them sitting there like museum pieces, and imagine using them months from now, and be happy about it." By the time I wait patiently for the needed credits I'll have about 12 more potential max toons sitting at level one. That's another 80 million worth of upgrades I can't afford. And that's if they actually give us 3 months before raising the cap again. I've actually already stopped farming anything out of GW since it only takes 3 weeks to max a toon from there. I'm sitting on well over ten thousand GW tokens that will never get used.

I know nothing will be done, because they want us to spend real money to get out of various holes that are purposely put there. I'm at peace with that. I'm happy to have a free game to play. But don't pretend that it's a well balanced game. If I have to spend more than $5-10 each month to have a pleasant gaming experience, I'll just stick to a frustratingly slow one. It would currently cost me about what my water bill costs each month just to keep up with 7* toons. Most of us don't have hundreds or even thousands to spend on a silly tap game.
  • Options
    I have been playing just as long & have about 4 Heros on lvl80 but 26 Heros 7*, most on lvl70+... To be fair, it gets worse... You make little to no credits, hit lvl 80 about a week ago & honestly I cannot see it getting any better... At all!
  • pabrimmer
    274 posts Member
    Options
    I was honestly expecting the credit crunch to be way worse going from 70-80. I spent almost all my credits the day before the cap increase on unlocking Rey and leveling her to 70, promoting her to 6* and gearing her to VIII. That put me down to under 500k. In spite of that, I was able to keep 11-12 important characters at max level all the way to 80. I also unlocked, max leveled, 7*'ed, and gear VIII'ed Ventress when i was at level 75, and unlocked, max leveled, 6*'ed, and gear VII'ed Akbar at level 78. I promoted Akbar to 7* a couple days later, and two days after hitting 80, I added a max level, 6* gear VIII HRS.

I'm not saying there's no credit crunch, btw, I've been sitting on 330 RP and 330 NI shards for forever. Maybe now that I'm 80 they'll finally get their chance in the next month or so. But maybe not as I'll have enough shards for Teebo very soon, and he's more valuable in the raid. And I've got 7 or 8 other characters that I could unlock at various star levels, but I don't see the point until I've got the shards and credits to max them. So, yes, I could do more if I had more credits, but given all the credit crunch talk, I was expecting to be able to do far less.

I'm not 100% f2p, for full disclosure, I once bought $5 of crystals so I'd have a cushion to keep spending 200 crystals a day in spite of those days where I would fall out of the top 100 arena and fail to earn back the 200 crystals. It was completely unnecessary, as a day or so later I broke into top 50 and haven't fallen out since.
    Barris irl imo idk
  • C00L_Story
    296 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There is and always will be a credit crunch. This is a game of strategy and managing resources.
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    Not until you cap out. The game isn't designed to ever let you have enough credits or gear to max everyone you want to. That's how they keep the game going.

Once you cap out it gets a little better, but they'll raise the cap again before you know it.