For newer and old players: My Final verdict on whether this is a pay to win game. Its not

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Xceptor wrote: »
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Guess what OP? 100% of my arena losses this last week have come to Ren owners below player level 53. Must be a coincidence and a statistical anomaly

you are 60 and lose when you fight a 53 player with ren??
    I fought lots of rens, some high levelled one (one frequent 1st guy uses a FO squad). I dont understand how its possible to lose a fight of you 60 vs an AI controlled 53 ....

can you twitch it or fraps it for youtube?

Strawman, I never said I am 60.

The game is very different at 60 with high level characters. If you want to beat him, do everything you can to gain level advantage or dont fight him. Pick your fights

• Xceptor
    55 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Depends on the day and what I think the top 4 are playing before i fight them
    It goes around to
    Luminara 7,JC 7,Geonosian 7
    IG86 6,Sid 7,POE or Chewie 6,etc
    Okay. The guy usually in the #1 spot on my server has a 7* FOTP, 7* Qui-Gon Jinn, 7* Leia, 7* Old Ben and one other I forget. You really think your team would last more than a minute against him? I do not.
    If you are getting to #1 with that team, you just are on a very low-power shard. I can't even ATTEMPT the top 5 now without using crystals. (I've finished as high as #2 or #3 several times earlier.)

I fought exactly that team composition today lol ( +Poe). Dont know what star levels they had, but they nuke hard. I lost 2 toons in the end but i won after killing his FOTP and Quigon as a priority (Luminara leader ofc, did dodge a few times).
    AI is not very clever, and most of characters at max stars and gear have lots of HP and cant be one shot (can be 2-3 shotted though)
  • Options
    All this discussions are regarding thise not yet merged out of their Nursery servers into the harsh reality of top tier Arenas. So the discussion drags. Once you are moved, you stop arguing.

But the ultimate point is that it IS A F2P game. And a P2W game. P2W gives you some chars that are strong and will keep you figthing for top 50 positions just for bragging rights-whilenit lasts. There are more whales here than places in the TOP 100 for sure.
  • Options
    Jawa for sure doesnt suck against hard hitting droid teams...
  • Options
    what do you think of fives as a Tank, ??
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Great post man. But there is no way I personally would have played this game without spending money for two reasons...A.) I'm very impatient.
    B.) Im very impatient. Good for you that you found success on the game without financial investment. Much respect. That right there took a lot of patience.
  • ThePedroKid
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There are about 6-10 people on my server that are spending the big big bucks (and none have passed level 50 yet). They dominate the top 10 spots unless one of us in the middle (bought a couple character packs) can manage to sneak in a stealth snipe at the last minute.

For the most part, the middle tier spenders are sitting between 10-40 and it starts to greatly taper off after that.

Every person I've come across since around 200 in the arena has been using at least a couple Chromium only toons or toons that our server hasn't been active long enough for them to farm. Heck, we are just barely starting to see 5* characters more regularly now at the very very top (mostly the easy farms like JC, Chewie, etc.).

You would be very hard pressed, given this information, to convince that this game is not 100% pay to win in Arena (nothing else really matters, although, GW is greatly affected by it also apparently).

I do believe things will start to equalize at max level but it will be a couple months at least before we get there as F2P would take a couple months just to hit 60 with 5-6* and maybe 1-2 7*. Meanwhile, P2W keeps getting the best toons first from in game and chromium.

On a side related note, the 'Chromium Only' thing really irks me. It's quite unfair especially since many of the most desirable characters are stashed behind this paywall.

For example, I got lucky and got 4* Darth Maul my first pack... Too bad he's viability will be nearly gone soon due to no other way to level him. That's a fantastic reward for people who cashed out on a Chromium pack... A character that is like 'Hooray!' then suddenly reality says is really just a big tease as they can't be leveled with out spending $100's or more. It's a slap in the face to any player who decided to 'support the developer' by making a purchase where even the reward is a trap. Maul is one of my fav characters and seeing him start to fall off the roster is heartbreaking, demotivating and, frankly, makes me feel like not investing any more time or money into the game.

That's a terrible design decision by developers.
  • Options
    I always get the 1st spot in my arena when i need to, and im a complete FTP player
    Translated, your post reads "look at me, I am elite and better than anyone else at this game"
    The fact that you start your thread saying you are always number 1, and just in case we miss it you embolden it. You've been asked several times to post your team, so please do so. Also, please give me your ally code so I can see this for myself.

It annoys me when people claim they dominate when they are F2P, join my server where the number 1 ranked guy is 6 levels above me and has 4000 more power than me (even though we started at the same time) then tell me that it's easy.

@ThalosKirano I think the reason why he emboldened it, is not to show off but rather to accentuate that he CAN get 1st spot WHEN HE NEEDS TO ( you missed that one eh ) while being completly FTP. He also didn't use the word "dominating" like you did.
    Interpretation of what is written is always subjective and based on your personal perception.
    Not sure what you read into it but personally, i don't think there is a condescending tone in there. He just explained his subjective point of view and what is working for him.
    @ OP Good Post
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Funny funny read.

I hover around 20-40 rank VERY consistently an have spent some. Im lvl 59 an think my arena bracket (or shard or whatever ya'll call it) is prob an easy one for me to rank so high. I battle into top 10 but get dropped back out before rewards pretty much everyday. My best finish i think was 18th
  • Xceptor
    55 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Funny funny read.

I hover around 20-40 rank VERY consistently an have spent some. Im lvl 59 an think my arena bracket (or shard or whatever ya'll call it) is prob an easy one for me to rank so high. I battle into top 10 but get dropped back out before rewards pretty much everyday. My best finish i think was 18th

You are doing great, when you hit 60 and you train your first toons to 7 stars (your gears must be maxed before that anyway), you will see that the field changes dramatically.
    Getting dropped out before rewards is more of an issue. It happens if you share your server with people from the SAME timezone.
    Im a bit luckier than that and not many top 10 people have the same timezone with me so I dont get last minute snipes often. I dont know if you know, but Arena rewards refresh at 18:00 for everyone. If you are on the same timezone with someone, you are effectively battling the time, and you might need to do a 50 crystal refresh to get your desired position. If you are in a server with different timezone people, you have an easier time since its more about beating the enemy, than getting sniped off the ladder during your 8 minutes waiting times.