Can we get Level 80 Challeneges with better gear drops?

ShaolinPunk
3486 posts Moderator
Last Challenge I can get as a level 80 player is level 72 enemies in the Challenges, and we aren't seeing gear beyond Gear 8. Can we get a boost in difficulty and rewards here?
**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107

Replies

• Options
    +1
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    Heh, Careful what you wish for. EA, will do it, but make the challenge so impossible it will only frustrate everyone and you'll be helpless to actually get what you asked for. It's their MO.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Heh, Careful what you wish for. EA, will do it, but make the challenge so impossible it will only frustrate everyone and you'll be helpless to actually get what you asked for. It's their MO.

I'm aware of what I'm asking. Most folks who play regularly are already 80 with enough 7* heroes to gear, I think they'd love the "challenge" har har. I would expect it to be a little hard. Something that is only for level 78+ or something.

I apologize if they make it impossible. But it would help alleviate the killer frustration and gear-wall we've all hit, where you either need to be farming Heroic Raid, or spending $20 a day just to get gear for your top heroes.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with this request too. I think there should be level 80 challenges with more raid gear salvage pieces. It seems very improbable that you can gear more than a couple toons through T7 raids alone unless you're incredibly lucky.

@EA_Jesse
  • Options
    This would be the next step in the progression, but I think giving us 10-15 shards three times a week may flood us with raid gear... Yeah. That makes sense.
  • behr228
    48 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, I am in a guild that now exclusively does T7 raids (we've completed about 10 so far I think), and I have only been able to craft 1 furnace, and haven't received crafted gear. I understand that I am not placing first (I place in the 30's and sometimes 20's) but I feel that the drop rates on even raid exclusive gear is too low. This would bridged the gap for many players and ensure that half of their arena team is not stuck at G8.

BTW: I am a ftp player that exclusively runs droids and my arena power is 3k below others in my server due to their luck to get crafted items.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    It is likely using crystals, not luck that helps to get that gear. The more time goes by, the more people use crystals.
  • Options
    Challenges need to be updated with additional levels and gear.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Challenges need to be updated with additional levels and gear.

Thank you.
  • Options
    I think Cuffs and some other things you can grind for should be in level 80 challenges.

I welcome more challenging levels myself. I don't have to think for anything in the challenges. I also have yet to use the plethora of most of the rewards. I grind them for the credits. The items almost have no value except when I level a new character. I am almost to the point I can take a new character to gear 6 just by training them.
  • Options
    There needs to be additional gear challenges for higher tier players. Tier 3-4 gear is junk to lvl 80's like me that need lvl 6-8 gear to fill slots and upgrade to lvl 8. I have hundreds of spares that are useless unless I unlock another worthless toon and waste resources upgrading what I don't need. Add tier 5-7 challenges with corresponding gear and appropriate difficulty for higher lvl and geared players.
  • Options
    They should also add the lower tier gear in the higher tier challenges, I now have to farm mk3 droid collars because the tier 5 challenge with the hair dryers doesn't have them.
  • Options
    Agreed, I have so much unnecessary gear piled up from completing the challenges, it would be nice to get something that's actually useful and has value.
  • Options
    Bump....add new challenges with better gear.
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Yep. The gear challenges do me no good anymore. This needs to be addressed.
  • Options
    This needs to happen. At level 80, I'm sure almost all of us are just putting it in Auto mode and don't care. The rewards don't matter anymore. Even if it is 1-2 pieces of high level gear per challenge, it would make people happy. And also this goes hand in hand with bringing back selling items. We all have 200+ of lower gear with no use. Credits are always scarce