Can someone explain why GS is so strong?

2Next

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Aww...i missed GS is too strong nerf please noob threads. Welcome to the forums!
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    GS character is balanced. I do not have any problem with him. The true problem is with Leia, FOTP, Rey, IG-86, IG-99. Especial : Leia in pair with RG.
    No problem to eliminate RG. No problem to eliminate Leia. If she will hide in RG's taunt, I will kill RG but not Leia because she will have enough time to be in shadow. And all time I have all x3 .
  • Options
    The great republican army had a hard time beating the genosians... and they had to do it twice...
    They were so freaking good and very aggressive fighters that emperor palpatine had them extinct sometime between revenge of the sith and a new hope...

Hell they killed a crapload of jedi before the clones arrived...

Thats why genosian soldier is such a beast
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Although estimates vary, the average ant can carry between 10 and 50 times its own body weight, and run at approximately 300 meters an hour, a rate of nearly 800 times its body length a minute. This is equivalent to the average western man carrying between 850 and 4500kg (4.5 tons) over his head, and running at a speed of 83km or 52 miles per hour.

Now then, imagine an insect civilization that evolved to man size with that proportional strength. They would have built stronger weapons than humans because it would have taken stronger weapons to OHKO (the purpose of any war time weapon is efficient delivery of death) the enemy (we are talking prior to them becoming a space faring species, a time in which they would have wars among themselves). Fast forward a few million years and you have Geonosian Soldier, the galaxy's most terrifying killing machine.

Holy ****, it all makes so much sense now.
  • Options
    Guys come one GS is fine.
    He's good he's no threat.
    We should be bashing RG why in the world is he so strong?!!?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Guys come one GS is fine.
    He's good he's no threat.
    We should be bashing RG why in the world is he so strong?!!?

We all know how powerful the Emperor is, so just imagine how badass the guys that he hires to protect him have to be.
  • Options
    No GS is not fine as it is it one shots you and kill a character not even yoda can do that
  • Toxique
    33 posts Member
    Options
    GS already received a nerf, and his basic is very underwhelming. I have him at Gear X and he can't one shot any toon,EVER, unless they are less than Gear 7
  • Options
    Although estimates vary, the average ant can carry between 10 and 50 times its own body weight, and run at approximately 300 meters an hour, a rate of nearly 800 times its body length a minute. This is equivalent to the average western man carrying between 850 and 4500kg (4.5 tons) over his head, and running at a speed of 83km or 52 miles per hour.

Now then, imagine an insect civilization that evolved to man size with that proportional strength. They would have built stronger weapons than humans because it would have taken stronger weapons to OHKO (the purpose of any war time weapon is efficient delivery of death) the enemy (we are talking prior to them becoming a space faring species, a time in which they would have wars among themselves). Fast forward a few million years and you have Geonosian Soldier, the galaxy's most terrifying killing machine.

Best explanation I've seen.

Except that strength/power do not scale linearly with size. And exoskeletons lose integrity when they get too large so ant/bug physiology becomes impossible at larger sizes. Not to mention flying requires extreme power expense for man-sized creatures. The only feasible explanation is that Geonosians are force sensitive and able to use it to assist with flight.

Obviously star wars physics involved here, so the Force is the answer!
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe gravity is different there blowing that theory. Point being that GS is a bug team 6 special forces commando and his older brother sun-fac will have his day soon enough and the bugs aint going anywhere.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Geo is strong to low to just below high teams which is who mostly complains, I rarely see him in the arena anymore.
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    Options
    Judark81 wrote: »
    How and why is a genosian soldier do more damage than any epic characters such as master yoda, darth vader, anakin and must of the epic jedi masters. Genosian soldier character needs an overlook kind ridiculous that this character can one shot you and get you killed in no time. Is time to make an overhaul and balance epic characters. Pretty sad that that none epic characters do more damage than anakin skywalker the chosen one to bring balance to the force or even master yoda. Please look at the genosian soldier damage, rex and all these new characters that are unbalancing the game.

Are you joking sometimes i only hit 1700 on a single hit with gs and only 3000 on his swarm ability its a gear game now and omegas
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Watch the clone wars and see what GS's blaster does to the clones. It's not that GS is so powerful, it's just that that giant cannon he wields packs a mean punch.

The way I see it is that one GS is really a swarm of GS but to not add so many GS they just put all there power combined into 1 GS for the games sake. The same explanation to why IG86 hits like train
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options

Try no to apply "Real life star wars logic" to the situation, :)

Hahaha, it is a Star Wars game please try to forget that as you play, really???
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    Hangfire wrote: »

Not that it's "Star wars" but applying "logic" to it, (I.e. It's a holotable, this is why Darth Vader send Ani can be on the same squad fighting ANOTHER Darrth Vader etc..)

Reading is fundamental. :|

• Options
    Cos he can bench press three-fiddy at the gym
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options

Not that it's "Star wars" but applying "logic" to it, (I.e. It's a holotable, this is why Darth Vader send Ani can be on the same squad fighting ANOTHER Darrth Vader etc..)

Reading comprehension is even more fundamental,

And here i am violating my own rule about responding to insults. I fully understand what you are saying. I was pointing out the irony of playing a game built around the Star Wars world, and really only surviving as a game because of that link, yet we are asked to suspend our knowledge of that world as a work around to poor design. Surviving I say? Try dumping this game with generic non-Star Wars characters on the public, and watch it sink.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Reading comprehension is even more fundamental,

And here i am violating my own rule about responding to insults. I fully understand what you are saying. I was pointing out the irony of playing a game built around the Star Wars world, and really only surviving as a game because of that link, yet we are asked to suspend our knowledge of that world as a work around to poor design. Surviving I say? Try dumping this game with generic non-Star Wars characters on the public, and watch it sink.

In any multiplayer game, balance will always trump lore. That is his point and it's not something unique to this game.

Does that excuse the obvious mechanic design flaws and the fact that many of the most popular Star Wars characters are woefully bad? No, but his point stands. His reply wasn't an insult, he was simply replying to your comment; a comment which even though I wasn't involved perceived as snide.
  • Options
    Tomek wrote: »
    GS character is balanced. I do not have any problem with him. The true problem is with Leia, FOTP, Rey, IG-86, IG-99. Especial : Leia in pair with RG.
    No problem to eliminate RG. No problem to eliminate Leia. If she will hide in RG's taunt, I will kill RG but not Leia because she will have enough time to be in shadow. And all time I have all x3 .

IG-99 is so OP!
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    He is what allows F2Pers to be competitive from levels 0-about 65/70. At the top end there are plenty of toons more impactful than GS.
  • Options
    Gs is not Op that is all. /Thread
  • Options
    GS is the chosen one.

Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    @RU486 I need to move to your server 8 out of 10 teams on the server I'm on has GS with Rey and RG that's a pain in the butt team to face with Dooku as lead.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    @RU486 I need to move to your server 8 out of 10 teams on the server I'm on has GS with Rey and RG that's a pain in the butt team to face with Dooku as lead.
    I'd love to trade with you if yours run Geo, mine are all clone teams for the most part, really a pain is the butt.

• Options
    This is isnt a bias post gs its always on the top teams
  • Options

It's worth noting the prevailing frustration that the characters everyone wants to play with, like all JEDIs, particularly Anakin, Mace, Yoda, etc are all so underpowered relative to obscure or cannon-fodder characters like GS.

Very few people started playing this game because they wanted to use GS or RG.