Vader and Akbar: A match made in Heaven

MacThizz
89 posts Member
I feel like I just discovered the ultimate wing man to my 5 star g9 vader. Recently I unlocked akbar and got him to five star for my guilds daily T5 raid. I got him mainly for his invaluable debuff scrubber. But what I hadn't anticipated was how awesome his tactical genius ability is when used in conjunction with a toon like Vader. Wow. You mean I don't have take two whole turns setting up my master slap, I can do it all in one fluid motion? Get out out of here! Akbar you so crazy!

Replies

• OoUndead
    212 posts Member
    Options
    There is a downside with this !
    You can't add more DoT others than those inflicted by Dark Vader ! Don't know if you play with other DoT toons, but you can't do that anymore if he uses both in one turn !
  • Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    Options
    Better with Rey, leverage then flurry
  • MacThizz
    89 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I didn't have a problem cause I was using Phasma, Daka, and Old Ben. There were plenty of debuffs on enemy by the time I used akbars special. Akbar always goes last in this squad.
    Post edited by MacThizz on
  • Options
    I mean ackbars abilities are unique and fun but there are better options than Vader. Vaders dits last two rounds so you are losing damage by instant culling blade. Vader also isn't 7* and other characters like lando or Rey benefit more
  • MacThizz
    89 posts Member
    Options
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    I mean ackbars abilities are unique and fun but there are better options than Vader. Vaders dits last two rounds so you are losing damage by instant culling blade. Vader also isn't 7* and other characters like lando or Rey benefit more
    Cm on man, it's Vader! I have seen him crit for 12k with only 1 debuff. And for your information Vader is viable at 5 stars lvl7 abilities. Even more so if his CB and Crush are omega'd. Have you tried them together? It's just too much fun! This is speaking offensively of course. Till the devs fix the AI he still won't be able to be left alone in arena for any given time.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Whitchit wrote: »
    Better to go flurry then leverage so you keep foresight an extra turn
  • MacThizz
    89 posts Member
    Options
    Well one thing we can all agree on is that akbar is quite possibly the most fun and interesting character to pair our favorite characters with. Just like goose from top gun, this squidward look - a - like has just won wingman of the month. I like how they essentially made a assist attacker that allows you to "choose" the most powerful toon at your disposal and slam the enemy like a stack of holographic pogs. If this isn't considered by many as a overpowered ability and something that should be nerfed, then I'm a monkeys uncle. I love it though, probably as much as I will hate it when people start catching on to how synergistic it is and start pounding the dog ish out of me with it. I love the name of the ability to! It is probably the best named ability there is in regards to a direct co relation with the skill itself. Using this at the right time and you come out the Victor and "Tactical Genius" that you know you are. Lol or you get dodged every single time because Dooku said that nobody is allowed to touch his bi*tches. Not even the admiral.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    MacThizz wrote: »
    If this isn't considered by many as a overpowered ability and something that should be nerfed, then I'm a monkeys uncle..
    You gotta be kidding

Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • MacThizz
    89 posts Member
    Options
    Don't take it the wrong way, I actually believe that the best way to counter a seemingly OP ability is to make many OP ability. Essentially giving everybody a bunch to choose from. And in essence then making it balanced. I am a fan. And I like it the way it is. But I can already hear the cry from players who just got decimated by a Tactical Fueled Geo Soldier. So yeah that's what I really meant under the serious tone I obviously bring to the forums.
  • Options
    Thanks OP for this post. I'm a Vader lover and I don't have Akbar. That changed immediately. Farming now
  • Options
    Thanks OP for this post. I'm a Vader lover and I don't have Akbar. That changed immediately. Farming now
    Finally a fan after my own heart. They say that Rey is the way to go, but did Rey ever force choke a captain through a TV monitor? I think not!

• JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Options
    RU486 wrote: »

Having foresight allows flurry to do extra damage.
  • Options
    JJWZP5 wrote: »
    RU486 wrote: »

Having foresight allows flurry to do extra damage.
    Actually she would get the extra damage without needing to use leverage cause Tactical genius is a buff. It doesn't have a buff symbol though yet, I believe it's coming in next update
  • Options
    Finally a fan after my own heart. They say that Rey is the way to go, but did Rey ever force choke a captain through a TV monitor? I think not!

Anyone in SWGoH who isn't putting literally every resource into Vader is silly. He is this games most powerful and wonderful char. But I have had to do some manipulation to get the most out of his culling. I omegas all of his powers , hoping that the speed down with the force crush would keep the DOTs around longer. Your insight here may just be a game changer for me. Thank you!!
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Another cool combo is IG-88 with omega leader + Vader. I'm constantly trying combos around Vader to max out his power and better chance to make use of his habilities.

I'm currently running IG-88(L), IG-86, Vader, Phasma and Royal Guard. Very fun team to play with. But not aways can beat the current meta, mostly because I'm still at low gear on most of them. I'll try out Ackbar as well!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Another cool combo is IG-88 with omega leader + Vader. I'm constantly trying combos around Vader to max out his power and better chance to make use of his habilities.

I'm currently running IG-88(L), IG-86, Vader, Phasma and Royal Guard. Very fun team to play with. But not aways can beat the current meta, mostly because I'm still at low gear on most of them. I'll try out Ackbar as well!

Yes 88 (L) vader/ackbar/100/grevious...still get tm manipulation with 100/gg, dots out the ying yang and can dish real single target dmg with 88/gg and culling blade to boot. But i have so much fun stacking dots with aoe/multishot/assist toons. The ones i have at least. Anxious to omega jawa now!

Wondering what 3 stun trio of jawa/daka/rg vader and 88 lead would be like.
  • Alanis
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Also take a look at the Dots GG leaves. Him and Vader with Ackbar would be wrong
  • Options
    Hmm, I haven't done much to 88. Does his aoe land consistent debuff? So far i found that pairing phasma big ben, and that hagraven old daka with the dark lord and his new wingman Is a Formidable Team. Not only do they decorate the enemy with a very nice array of red Christmas lights, the versatility of the group is a pleasant break from the daily hit and run associated with the standard dodge Meta Squads.
  • Options
    Oh man. Check this squad out. 88L, 86, JE, Vader, Akbar. It's the perfect squad . And it can beat the meta. I've been playing around with Akbar teams and this one is super awesome if you actually want to stack as many debuffs as possible before using Vaders nuke. Also not only that but it's a destroyer of world's if left untreated for more than two turns. So even if Vader whiffs the attack (which he sometimes does) just letting them run their course is deadly.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    Lol!!!

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I've used this combo before, and it is fun. I'm not saying it's perfect or the best, but it's just plain fun. And I love the irony of Ackbar and Vader on the same team. Definitely a cool combo.
  • Options
    Just a note that in Ackbar and Rey combo, Rey hit her 2 devastated skills, most likely wipe out one toon.
    I love the choke hold through monitor though, lol.
  • Options
    I prefer Vader and Phasma. You get time to put some extra negative effects but still two turns close and get a guaranteed critical on CB, assuming no dodge.
  • Options
    I ran 88 L omega'd, phasma, QGJ, GS and Vader in a T5 P2...got 23 dots on rancor before hitting the culling blade! I didn't post as much damage as my other squads because no real TM manipulation and I died out pretty quickly, but it sure was fun seeing all the dots strung across the entire screen from left to right!

I can't wait to 7* Vader! I don't think people realize how strong he is, they dismiss him because he's slow but he will be a beast when he's geared up! Mine is only g8....cant devote the resources to him since I only use him for fun every once in a while.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
  • Doggirl211
    240 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Just shy of 30k...but I had the crit bonus up from Phasma, and CB was lvl 5 at the time.