Sun Fac

NCNER8R
162 posts Member
Thoughts on Sun Fac? Anyone who has used Sun Fac a lot (particularly maxed (7 star level 80ish)? Anyone have a full listing of the abilities at Max and/or Omega? Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• Options
    I don't rate him. I'm F2P, but come up against him maxed in arena fairly frequently. I honestly don't think he is top tier at all, but I know some whales in my guild love him. I reall don't understand where they're coming from, but I guess the AI uses him poorly. I don't know...
  • Options
    The Ai for sun fac is broken he is supposedly getting fixed no idea when tho
  • Options
    Red_Comet wrote: »
    The Ai for sun fac is broken he is supposedly getting fixed no idea when tho

I am around 50/100 with him, so hopefully it's fixed when I'm done.
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    not worth using in arena until the fix his AI, but hes very good when you can control him.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I decided to just level him. I already had him 7 stars, but went ahead and brought him up to level 77 with gear 8. His AI is definitely broken (as some of you have pointed out). For now, I have had to pair him with maxed RG to get much use out of him. Aside from bad AI, when his taunt action is used, he does not permit a rebel ally to assist (per Ackbar's leadership ability).

The team is Ackbar Lead, Leia, Rey, Sun Fac, and RG.

Great offensive character, terrible AI. A bit miffed at why they would chose to have him attack first to recover health. I thought characters normally started with full health....(being facetious)..

**EDIT - I just realized how Sun Fac destroys teams with a Royal Guard. Its pretty impressive. Since Sun Fac's basic ability removes taunt (or any buffs for that matter), you are free to destroy the heavy hitters without much of a care for RG. Just went through a PVP team in the top 20 with ease (not a single character loss) despite Old Daka getting in a Rey revive. Went after Rey first, RG taunted (Sun Fac dispelled), killed Rey, followed by Daka, then QGJ. Polished off Count Dooku and finally RG. RG was basically rendered useless. Good for this meta.

Such a great player to use..........but man I will have to monitor the slide in PVP. I have a feeling that teams will easily deal with Sun Fac by stunning the crap out of him. If only the AI could be a pre-determined input assigned by me......booo...hooo ;)
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    He is fixed already. I cant beat a team of Rex lead, Sun Fac, QGJ, Rey, and Phasma.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Options
    @NCNER8R

My main account is actually built around SunFac. Love 'em. I believe he will be everywhere before to long.
    My current arena team is Poogle lead, SF, RG, 86 n Geo. Top 5 everyday, if not first. Middle aged server (mid-march/april i think). All currently level 75, geared 8 (9 for geo), n 7 seven stars (6 for SF).
    Im fairly certain SF w/o RG is....ehh to goodish. But with RG, completely viable if not "****".
    Lowest I've dropped overnight is to 13-15. Usually only 7-10 though. IMO, its a must to pair him w RG. As mentioned above, he abilities end up key everywhere in arena. Love his counterattack off taunt to inflict offense down.
    I went from guppy to large dolphin/whale.....because of him. Also have other arena lineups in the works (Leia n others) being built around him.
    If ya want, i can list his abilities, but hes currently 6 on all of 'em.

Edit: what am I thinking, he sucks. Dont waste your time. Complete garbage, nothing to see here move along. Cause i hate gonna against him n rg.
  • Options
    His garbage.. move along lol
    829-416-931
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Yes Sun Fac is garbage and do not waste your time on him. I have him at gear 10 and he only has 50K+ total health and he is so squishy. He has removing buff/taunt/TMR/defence down/Crit chance down/Heal all in one package and he has so poor utility. Defense and health wise definitely goes to ST Han.
    My advice is DON'T go for Sun Fac. If you have it at 4* or 5*, keep and bench it. If you have 7*, don't waste resource gearing it.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Luke6108 wrote: »

Yes Sun Fac is garbage and do not waste your time on him. I have him at gear 10 and he only has 50K+ total health and he is so squishy. He has removing buff/taunt/TMR/defence down/Crit chance down/Heal all in one package and he has so poor utility. Defense and health wise definitely goes to ST Han.
    My advice is DON'T go for Sun Fac. If you have it at 4* or 5*, keep and bench it. If you have 7*, don't waste resource gearing it.

Yup, that 50000 hp makes him squishy...? Sarcasm?
  • Options
    Sun Face is as bad as the B2-droid, don't waste any resources on him.
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Well I am trying to show how "garbage" he is.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    Options
    He's really good but his AI needs to be fixed so his basic attack is used more often to dispel buffs :(
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ** Update
    He is not quite gear 10 yet but I have been in the top ten Pvp on a December server for a week now with three times I took first place. I probably could've taken first a couple more times, but slacked. Team is currently Ackbar (L), Rey, Leia, Chewy and Sun Fac. It's a good team considering I was smashing teams with 3000-4000 more power than myself. I use chewie over RG because I want to control when to taunt with him as opposed to sun fac, but also because chewy has 2 actions that proc Leia to attack (taunt and self heal). Leias pew pew pews are so sexy lmao.

I have a guy on my server with all max toons. He had the B2 droid yesterday with JE. That B2 renders tanks virtually useless. I have been avoiding this guys team as a sun fac team will likely not fair well.

Also, they fixed the AI since I last posted. Works better now.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, I stopped fighting that fight. Some people insist on being ignorant.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Love my garbage :)
  • Options
    RG is better then sun fac. I run AA Leia Rex QGJ sun fac. Used to be RG but couldn't get past the RG+STH+Rey meta.

Sun facs taunt got fixed but he follows up with ability 3 instead of basic which is useless early game so you don't see dispels until round three where a Rey team will have two players down by then. When he's stunned he's useless obviously and Rex won't give him immunity until round 2 so a simple dispel of his taunt or a stun in round 2 makes him a weak damage liability character. If the AI gets fixed and he starts basic attack round two he will be better, mainly for the dispel, but right now RG and STH are better. Once the ai is fixed he might surpass STH but RG is still meta tank
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options

What are you talking about he's totally trash. Now just give me 330 of his shards so I can confirm that he is trash...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »

What are you talking about he's totally trash. Now just give me 330 of his shards so I can confirm that he is trash...

Mine just says "Max", so maybe he has some...
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    Options

Yup that's why my advice is DON'T go for Sun Fac,not worth a single credit or crystal invested on him.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    Team of Rex lead, 5s, sun FAC, RG, st han is a monster to beat. Not because dmg they do but the time needed to kill them.

I do wonder how he wins in 5 mins as well. But dang it's hard to beat in time. Useaully beat him with 20 sec or under when I do win
  • Loafdawg83
    202 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I wonder if a Poggle led team with Sun Fac, GS, Rey and another tank would work. Be interested to see.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Loafdawg83 wrote: »
    I wonder if a Poggle led team with Sun Fac, GS, Rey and another tank would work. Be interested to see.

I am going to try this, but with IG86 and HK-47.
  • Options

+1

ROFL
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I have 7* pog and droids. Just dropped Sun fac. Is he any use with them? I'm really hesitant to spend my resources as I'm f2p so far....
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I have 7* pog and droids. Just dropped Sun fac. Is he any use with them? I'm really hesitant to spend my resources as I'm f2p so far....
    No character is good unless 7*. So the simple answer is no.
  • Options
    His best nickname is Fun Sac!