GW Ain't Broken, So Don't "Fix" It

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Amnor wrote: »
    stumpoman wrote: »
    I feel like people should include their max arena power anytime they claim anything about GW. 36k

My arena power is at 38 923 and I have no issues at all with GW. I complete it daily with one team from start to end and usually dont need to retreat more than 2-3 times each day. The whole run takes me 30-40 min daily. I could speed it up using autoplay on first few nodes, but I always try to play the best I can in order to finish first 4 battles without taking a hit - just for personal achievement coz I find it entertaining and it helps me play better.

GW is not broken, neither it needs any fixes. It just require some strategy and thinking. Knowledge about heroes, skills, strenghts/weakneses of each units and about turn order mechanics is also required.

If anything needs fix its reather players strategy/gameplay than GW itself.

Doubtful. Don't buy this for one second. Screenshot or it didn't happen. There's no secret strategy for beating 6+ consecutive nodes of dodge, RG, Rey, QGJ, Leia, GS other than copious use of retreat in order to manipulate the seed.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Zekex wrote: »

and I find that hard to believe,especially the part about completing with 1 team from start to end.

https://swgoh.gg/u/romo/

Here you have my team - I use it both in arena and GW since over a month with great success.

Before RG buff I also used only one team for the whole GW but it consisted of healers/stunners combo (Barriss, Lumi, JK, Daka, Dooku).
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I feel like people should include their max arena power anytime they claim anything about GW. 36k

My arena power is at 38 923 and I have no issues at all with GW. I complete it daily with one team from start to end and usually dont need to retreat more than 2-3 times each day. The whole run takes me 30-40 min daily. I could speed it up using autoplay on first few nodes, but I always try to play the best I can in order to finish first 4 battles without taking a hit - just for personal achievement coz I find it entertaining and it helps me play better.

GW is not broken, neither it needs any fixes. It just require some strategy and thinking. Knowledge about heroes, skills, strenghts/weakneses of each units and about turn order mechanics is also required.

and I find that hard to believe,especially the part about completing with 1 team from start to end.

It's really not that hard to do it with one team, I know could do it easily and I also have 38k power and fight really hard teams from fight 6-12. The only reason I don't do it is because I use a B team and auto fight the first 6 to speed things up. I do agree that it's not impossible or too hard but it definitely takes too long at times and is boring, I find myself skipping it every other day.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

It's really not that hard to do it with one team, I know could do it easily and I also have 38k power and fight really hard teams from fight 6-12. The only reason I don't do it is because I use a B team and auto fight the first 6 to speed things up. I do agree that it's not impossible or too hard but it definitely takes too long at times and is boring, I find myself skipping it every other day.

Not always. If you get meta team after meta team, you can't complete it with just one team, especially when protection is gone(you're pretty much 1 shottable). I don't count subbing in multiple characters mid way as 1 team, btw.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Not always. If you get meta team after meta team, you can't complete it with just one team, especially when protection is gone(you're pretty much 1 shottable). I don't count subbing in multiple characters mid way as 1 team, btw.

Yes I know what one team is and yes it is very doable against hard teams. All day all I fight against are evasion teams with RG, Leia and Rey plus maybe a clone team or two.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Yes I know what one team is and yes it is very doable against hard teams. All day all I fight against are evasion teams with RG, Leia and Rey plus maybe a clone team or two.

Would like to see a video of you doing it. If it's true I can learn from it, if it's not...then we'll know you're lying.(pls show arena power before you start your GW)

one team, no subbing against consecutive evasion lead/rg dps teams.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    This thread is silly. GW is broken beyond belief. The players in here with sub 38k power teams, who breeze through GW everyday in 20 min, have no idea what the other side of the coin is like. You are making blanket statements as if they are fact without having any idea what you're actually talking about. There are massive threads going which document how many players are struggling to complete it in under an hour due to encountering "rank 1" arena teams from nodes 6/7 on.

It's a massively unfun, time consuming, frustrating, chore. I spend more time gaming the system by trying to manipulate the seed than I do actually playing the game.

image_zps0nfjgfrg.png

image_zpsqwtopjbx.png

image_zpsbosq7xmr.png

image_zpssnxigo1h.png

image_zps6gldc0qt.png

image_zpsenccu1jn.png

I have dozens more screenshots of similar teams that I'm guaranteed to encounter nodes 6/7-12.

Do you know the % of players who are struggling? 0.1%?, 1%?, etc ....... You don't have the facts neither!!!!!?

The facts are that GW takes too long to complete after a certain power level due to encountering these types of teams; and that those under it stating that nothing at all is wrong are clueless as to the entire picture. That's the point. It seems you have missed that.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    The high rank problem is disappearing as non premium toons hit gear 10/11. Give it another few weeks and it should solve itself.

As it is it's not to bad as a team of barris, Rey GS, QG, RG can auto the first half. In the last 6 nodes you can use Han for 1 and your B team for another, 2 of the 6 usually aren't premium rosters leaving just two to struggle through.

Arena team 37.2k

Max RG and Rey required.
  • Options
    The other problem with GW apart from these stupid teams is I was completing GW everyday since I was lvl 60 at the least and I don't get any better rewards now that I am lvl 80? Yet the cost of training etc is an awful lot more.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Whiteroom wrote: »
    The other problem with GW apart from these stupid teams is I was completing GW everyday since I was lvl 60 at the least and I don't get any better rewards now that I am lvl 80? Yet the cost of training etc is an awful lot more.

Thats the only problem with GW I can agree with. Rewards should definately be better at higher lvls.
  • Whiteroom
    303 posts Member
    Options
    Whiteroom wrote: »

Thats the only problem with GW I can agree with. Rewards should definately be better at higher lvls.

If you got say 2mil from it, 10 purple ability materials, some gear and 5/6 shards then people won't complain so much.

The problem is to get enough credits to really play the game you have to do it everyday. People keep saying its optional but you would get nowhere with that measly 500k credits.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Would like to see a video of you doing it. If it's true I can learn from it, if it's not...then we'll know you're lying.(pls show arena power before you start your GW)

Haha I guess if you really want, I really have no reason to lie about it. Here is my current arena power and it'll probably take me more than one video because there's no easy I'm going to sit here for 45+ mins to do GW in one go.

QE4IRvc.jpg
  • Juckf11
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Yes i agree its fine
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    Options
    There will always be people who either 1) like the challenge of gw (and possibly want it to be harder), 2) find it too hard and undoable, or 3) find it doable but frustrating to complete.

It would be nice if ea/cg can cater for all of these needs at the same time - like an option to customise the settings of gw to adjust it to our needs... Some random ideas include 1) an ability to adjust the difficulty up or down; 2) the ability to pay and win a node immediately; 3) the ability to pay and select the a roster of opponents to face....

And 4) the ability to selectively kill off 1 enemy toon before battle, either by paying or by sacrificing someone on ur bench to do equivalent hp damage.... so want to kill all those dooku and old ben leads.... I mean, moving the positions of toons around and selecting weird abilities to use on weird targets in order to appease the rng dodge gods is not really tactics, but more an exercise in repetition and memory....
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options

Haha I guess if you really want, I really have no reason to lie about it. Here is my current arena power and it'll probably take me more than one video because there's no easy I'm going to sit here for 45+ mins to do GW in one go.

QE4IRvc.jpg

you can post the video anytime you want. You're going to complete gw someday, If there is something I can learn from you, I'm all ears.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is silly. GW is broken beyond belief. The players in here with sub 38k power teams, who breeze through GW everyday in 20 min, have no idea what the other side of the coin is like. You are making blanket statements as if they are fact without having any idea what you're actually talking about. There are massive threads going which document how many players are struggling to complete it in under an hour due to encountering "rank 1" arena teams from nodes 6/7 on.

It's a massively unfun, time consuming, frustrating, chore. I spend more time gaming the system by trying to manipulate the seed than I do actually playing the game.

I have dozens more screenshots of similar teams that I'm guaranteed to encounter nodes 6/7-12.

They are cookiecutter teams indead, but on all those screenshots you posted there are only 1 or at most 2 really threating heroes. As soon as Rey is taken down/stunned, they pose no threat at all for my team. Barriss pasive heals from leadership and attacks are enough to heal my team from all the damage dealt by those teams if the highest hitter is disabled. And disabling the threat is easy since new GW mechanic allows for all my heroes moving before opponent can take the turn.

I actualy love to play vs dodge teams coz after killing threats I have a lot of time to heal to full and restore all coldowns before starting next battle.

The only teams that can make some problems for me are those lead by lucky Phasma, especially if they are stunners heavy.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    The way to make GW not possible to finish : select only teams with RG (additional with Leia if want to be sadistic). Each battle can be win , but with lost of char/chars in every phase. Owner of 50x7* chars each G9+ will still write about easy GW .
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

[/quote]My arena power is at 38 923 and I have no issues at all with GW. I complete it daily with one team from start to end and usually dont need to retreat more than 2-3 times each day. The whole run takes me 30-40 min daily. I could speed it up using autoplay on first few nodes, but I always try to play the best I can in order to finish first 4 battles without taking a hit - just for personal achievement coz I find it entertaining and it helps me play better.

[/quote]

I'd love to see a video of this.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    The high rank problem is disappearing as non premium toons hit gear 10/11. Give it another few weeks and it should solve itself.

As it is it's not to bad as a team of barris, Rey GS, QG, RG can auto the first half. In the last 6 nodes you can use Han for 1 and your B team for another, 2 of the 6 usually aren't premium rosters leaving just two to struggle through.

Arena team 37.2k

Max RG and Rey required.

It's a problem if the opponent's team kills 1-2 characters of your protection-depleted team even before han taunts.

The problem will not disappear soon as gear 10/11 takes an incredible amount of time and luck farming for raid gear as well as credits.

And that's the issue. you only have 2 premium teams to struggle through, we have to struggle through many more premium teams on consecutive nodes. So far I haven't seen any video from people claiming that high level GW is easy.

It's really easy to prove us wrong. Just post a video of you facing consecutive meta teams.Start by showing arena power, then showing us the entire process of you completing GW.
  • Apostilo
    137 posts Member
    Options
    There is one broken thing about Gw and it is all that matters - it is too much time consuming to finish for a mobile game ! If i am about to spent 1 hour infront of a game - it will be infront a desktop computer , with big monitor and comfortable keyboard ... not keep fingers crossed so my phone battery won`t die in the middle of the day , doing 1 hour GW ....
  • Options
    Man I wish I could be as good and wise and awesome as all the people that find GW so easy. I actually feel humbled that I can post on the same forum with such legends. I wish you guys were my dad!
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Options

+1 I sit at 38700 and while I can usually finish it, it's 2 hrs plus. Again I have no issue beating teams fresh but 6 meta teams in a row is hellish.

1 team.... Yeah right.... Lol
  • aGlint
    54 posts Member
    Options
    It. Is. So. Boring.

Who gives a flying F if you can beat the whole thing with one team. I believe it is easily possible. However you'll have to retreat and restart MANY times because either dodge or focus fire on one of your key toons will occur. There's no strategy here.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

They are cookiecutter teams indead, but on all those screenshots you posted there are only 1 or at most 2 really threating heroes. As soon as Rey is taken down/stunned, they pose no threat at all for my team. Barriss pasive heals from leadership and attacks are enough to heal my team from all the damage dealt by those teams if the highest hitter is disabled. And disabling the threat is easy since new GW mechanic allows for all my heroes moving before opponent can take the turn.

I actualy love to play vs dodge teams coz after killing threats I have a lot of time to heal to full and restore all coldowns before starting next battle.

The only teams that can make some problems for me are those lead by lucky Phasma, especially if they are stunners heavy.

The point is not that I can't complete it. Clearly, I can. The point is that it takes a ridiculous amount of time and it's not a breeze. It requires a lot of seed manipulation to ensure I end at close to 100% hp on all my toons with all abilities off cd.

Here's some more (and if need be I can upload more), in no particular order, just for S&Gs:

image_zpsblu1krup.png

image_zpsbuufx1pi.png

image_zpslojbj7c0.png

image_zps7o9s19nj.png

image_zpseztvvhfh.png
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I can complete gw, too. It's not unbeatable. What I find hard to believe is someone completing it in under 45mins without losing a toon. Again I'd love to see video of this. Obviously I have much to learn

Edit: most days I can finish the 12th node. Not always. The biggest problems are with the time and frustration. It doesn't seem in sync with the rest of the game.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    darkensoul wrote: »

If you would write me how to take a movie on iPhone I could try to make one.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    My arena power is at 38 923 and I have no issues at all with GW. I complete it daily with one team from start to end

You're a liar, a shill, or not lvl80.
    If it's option A): Why do you feel the need to lie on the internet?
    If it's option B): How much do they pay you, or what is your position on staff?
    If it's option C): Why are you posting without knowing the endgame?
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options

I don't use iphone. I suppose I could Google it. Does anyone have information on making videos with an iphone?
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Options

What team are you using? Take a photo and post please.