GW Ain't Broken, So Don't "Fix" It

Prev134
With the recent tweak to GW, introducing the mechanic of carrying over TM from the last battle, most of the issues of so-called "unfairness" in the later nodes of GW are pretty much moot. With your toons going first nearly every time, the lack of Protection is much less of an issue. I haven't had to retreat in the last two weeks or so for any reason other than reversing my own poor decisions, while previously I was manipulating RNG as much as anyone just to survive.

One of the truths of this world is that if something is not broken, you don't fix it. GW is no longer broken, or at least not as broken as it once might have been. The last thing we need is for it to be meddled with again. Those of you who have given up on it, try it again and you'll see.

Discuss.

Replies

• FakeRobbo
    179 posts Member
    Options
    I'll get straight to the bottom of this, when did you start playing and where do you finish in arena every week? Because those are pivotal factors in this argument.
  • Options
    Exactly.

There's nothing wrong with GW. There's nothing wrong with the dodge rating.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I agree with the OP, in principal. GW has become fun again.

If I fail, I swap out a toon and go again. None of my toons ever needs to die. I finish every time. This "suicide squad" business is a thing of the past.

To reiterate: it ain't broke, don't fix it. Tweak it yes. Small tweaks though
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    Options
    I feel like people should include their max arena power anytime they claim anything about GW. 36k
  • Options
    My only issues with GW;
    It's boring
    It doesn't pay well
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    stumpoman wrote: »
    I feel like people should include their max arena power anytime they claim anything about GW. 36k

Absolutely! 27k.
    My only issues with GW;
    It's boring
    It doesn't pay well

Yours must be what, 150k? Since you find it so boring
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Options
    Exactly.

Do you enjoy the dodge mechanic as it's currently employed or do you simply see no issue with it?
  • Options
    I never really look at what my opponents are at gear wise when doing GW. But today I did because a fair few guildies are having trouble completing it. And what I noticed is that out of all my nodes only really the last node was comparable to what they are seeing from at least node 6 and onwards. My last node was a good arena team of one gear XI, two gear X and two gear IX.

I have no problem mopping up my GWs. I finish #1 almost every single day and my arena team has a power rating of 36.786. I have around 25 relatively well geared and levelled 7*. But the people approaching the 40k mark seem to be up against a wholly different kind of monster than me with loads of well synergized and highly lethal and well geared opponents.

I really can't comment but when people who have large and good rosters and who don't seem to have problems taking #1 seem to have problems completing GW. Well then maybe there is a problem.
  • Options
    Scourge194 wrote: »

Absolutely! 27k.
    My only issues with GW;
    It's boring
    It doesn't pay well

What? I've done 120 GW's. About 50 of those were unwillingly, but I did them anyways.
  • Options

Absolutely! 27k.
    My only issues with GW;
    It's boring
    It doesn't pay well

I'm at 35k and I find GW boring because it requires virtually no skill. If you are up against a series of nodes with top-geared, high level teams with dodge leaders, an excessive fact for many to most of us, you are smashing your head against a wall of randomity that is time-wasting and laboriously dull.
  • Options

Absolutely! 27k.
    My only issues with GW;
    It's boring
    It doesn't pay well

Oh sorry I misunderstood you. My arena power is 37k
    QGJ g11
    RG g9
    Rey maxed
    St Han g10
    GS g9
  • Lonach
    87 posts Member
    Options
    nematocyte wrote: »

I'm at 35k and I find GW boring because it requires virtually no skill. If you are up against a series of nodes with top-geared, high level teams with dodge leaders, an excessive fact for many to most of us, you are smashing your head against a wall of randomity that is time-wasting and laboriously dull.

+ 1000
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    So OP did the old post'n'run as I'm guessing he wasn't aware that GW becomes an absolute farce once you're lvl80 and above mid-30k in arena.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    36k and I have no problems completing GW. It just takes to much time each day, thus boring. Easy solution is to increase the reward and make it 6 or 8 battles.
  • FakeRobbo
    179 posts Member
    Options

Absolutely! 27k.
    My only issues with GW;
    It's boring
    It doesn't pay well

QGJ g11
    RG g9
    Rey maxed
    St Han g10
    GS g9

Your team is precisely what I face 3-4 times at the end of my nodes, it can end your team with not even 1 wrong move. Sometimes it takes me 15-20 minutes to reshuffle until I can win without losing someone :( if we didn't have to do this 12 times a day I wouldn't mind putting the time in but GW seems to only be laborious to those higher end player so I guess we will keep slaving away for that 1 shard everyday haha
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    FakeRobbo wrote: »

Absolutely! 27k.
    My only issues with GW;
    It's boring
    It doesn't pay well

QGJ g11
    RG g9
    Rey maxed
    St Han g10
    GS g9

Your team is precisely what I face 3-4 times at the end of my nodes, it can end your team with not even 1 wrong move. Sometimes it takes me 15-20 minutes to reshuffle until I can win without losing someone :( if we didn't have to do this 12 times a day I wouldn't mind putting the time in but GW seems to only be laborious to those higher end player so I guess we will keep slaving away for that 1 shard everyday haha

This comment has been removed as it violates forum guidelines.
    Post edited by BanthaPanda on
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    the issue with GW is not with mid level, but there is definitely a problem for top ranked high power arena players.

I'm talking about any player attaining rank 1 arena and 36k+ power.

the difficulty level is just too extreme. GW isn't fun as is, not sure why GW punishes players with high power.

The fun part of playing the game is the satisfaction we get for using high level teams and experiencing the results of using a maxed team. Except GW completely punishes the player by introducing 1000000000 matches of evasion dooku fives RG rey QGJ comps with maxed out omega purples with full protection every match.

some teams are so difficult I have to use 3 teams to win one GW node.

not only is it really boring playing GW but there is absolutely no feeling of accomplishment playing it eaither.

• Options
    The draw off line cannot be 36k power. Because I don't have a problem and I'm almost 37k. Standard is I lose 0-10 toons in total. Most of the times the higher amount is because towards the end you can afford to not care if you have a large enough roster left.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    from my understanding GW difficulty is determined by overall roster, highest arena rank attained and arena power.

I finish GW about 3-4 times a week and the rest usually are the last 1-2 nodes when I can not complete it.

You probably have a healthy roster of maxed characters so you may have an easier time.

Im getting a lot of evasion omega fives RG rey teams back to back on later half of GW. which is far too difficult to deal with. My GW increaed in difficulty about the same time I passed 36k arena power. the diffculty jump was extreme.

• Options
    Exactly.

*There never was and probably won't be
  • Options
    The balance and mechanics are fine. In my mind it's the core gameplay for this game so I don't mind doing it. But once u hit level 70 the rewards are weak and the toon choices get thin. More credit and more purple mats would get me to shut up. 29.5K
  • Options
    My power in arena is around 33k and up until now i never had any difficulty finishing GW (sometimes used suicide squads, others just gave up on one or two toons, most of the time finish it back to back without losing anyone and no retreating involved).

I find it´s always strange the crying about GW. I love it. It´s the only place in this game where you can do lots of battles, try different comps and enjoy the real hard core of the game: battling.

When it gets harder it allows you to regroup your team and plan better what your next move will be. Whats the use for large rosters and different team comps and synergy if you just auto everything and don´t even have to think about anything?!?
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    OguhDeias wrote: »
    I find it´s always strange the crying about GW blah blah blah

Get a job. Most of us can't or won't spend 1-2 hours on a single facet of a mobile game.
    Now read that carefully before you get mad. Even those of us who are 9-5 can handle sinking 1-2 hours into the game, but hours into one single component of the game that is crucial as it's the only source of credits? No. It's ridiculous.
    If you have enough time in your day that you can play this game for hours on end then I'd strongly recommend playing something better.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    ZEK6Oyx.jpg

This is the gear level you can expect at node 4. Not to mention the multiple consecutive nodes of dooku leads at node 5+.

The worse teams I hate to go up against are the teams that have 4 dps +Rg. There's no chance to even heal up or restore cooldowns against those sort of teams.Granted I am one of those culprits, but unless you have a VERY deep bench, it is VERY hard to complete GW if meta teams after meta teams are thrown at you.

Of course not all days are like that, but when they give you consecutive nodes of meta teams, you will feel like throwing your phone.

NkAVYSo.jpg
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    Igor08 wrote: »
    I find it´s always strange the crying about GW blah blah blah

Get a job. Most of us can't or won't spend 1-2 hours on a single facet of a mobile game.
    Now read that carefully before you get mad. Even those of us who are 9-5 can handle sinking 1-2 hours into the game, but hours into one single component of the game that is crucial as it's the only source of credits? No. It's ridiculous.
    If you have enough time in your day that you can play this game for hours on end then I'd strongly recommend playing something better.

+100000000000
  • Options
    My power in arena is around 33k and up until now i never had any difficulty finishing GW

Here is the thing. I never had a problem at 33k arena. It was when I hit 37/38k when it gets nuts. Basically have 2-3 maxed characters makes it ridiculous to fight and really annoying. I still complete it but it is a real pain and involves lots of restarting the app due to bad RNG.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is silly. GW is broken beyond belief. The players in here with sub 38k power teams, who breeze through GW everyday in 20 min, have no idea what the other side of the coin is like. You are making blanket statements as if they are fact without having any idea what you're actually talking about. There are massive threads going which document how many players are struggling to complete it in under an hour due to encountering "rank 1" arena teams from nodes 6/7 on.

It's a massively unfun, time consuming, frustrating, chore. I spend more time gaming the system by trying to manipulate the seed than I do actually playing the game.

image_zps0nfjgfrg.png

image_zpsqwtopjbx.png

image_zpsbosq7xmr.png

image_zpssnxigo1h.png

image_zps6gldc0qt.png

image_zpsenccu1jn.png

I have dozens more screenshots of similar teams that I'm guaranteed to encounter nodes 6/7-12.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options

My arena power is at 38 923 and I have no issues at all with GW. I complete it daily with one team from start to end and usually dont need to retreat more than 2-3 times each day. The whole run takes me 30-40 min daily. I could speed it up using autoplay on first few nodes, but I always try to play the best I can in order to finish first 4 battles without taking a hit - just for personal achievement coz I find it entertaining and it helps me play better.

GW is not broken, neither it needs any fixes. It just require some strategy and thinking. Knowledge about heroes, skills, strenghts/weakneses of each units and about turn order mechanics is also required.

If anything needs fix its reather players strategy/gameplay than GW itself.

• Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Amnor wrote: »

My arena power is at 38 923 and I have no issues at all with GW. I complete it daily with one team from start to end and usually dont need to retreat more than 2-3 times each day. The whole run takes me 30-40 min daily. I could speed it up using autoplay on first few nodes, but I always try to play the best I can in order to finish first 4 battles without taking a hit - just for personal achievement coz I find it entertaining and it helps me play better.

GW is not broken, neither it needs any fixes. It just require some strategy and thinking. Knowledge about heroes, skills, strenghts/weakneses of each units and about turn order mechanics is also required.

If anything needs fix its reather players strategy/gameplay than GW itself.

and I find that hard to believe,especially the part about completing with 1 team from start to end.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    I'm creeping up to 32k power and it's definitely getting harder every day. Anyone who's focused mainly on their core arena team is going to struggle because your 2-3 backup teams need to be at the same strength, otherwise one bad opponent can wipe out all of them.