hrR4cPT.jpg
{RotE}

Replies

• MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    real talk? dooku.
  • Options
    Because resistance teams aren't good enough in arena.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

Doenst have to be full resistence. As you can see Rey does a good enough job herself. RP could also be decent with the potency buff.
    MLGebra wrote: »
    real talk? dooku.

Dooku leads are the easiest. Ben is more trouble, even Nute lead is scarier to me than Dooku.
    {RotE}
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    really LaLiam? what about when Poe taunts and his whole team "dodges" and gets offense up? must not happen to you much
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »

Doenst have to be full resistence. As you can see Rey does a good enough job herself. RP could also be decent with the potency buff.

RP hits poorly after her huge damage nerf. RT on the other hand hits like an absolute truck.
    Post edited by Dooku_for_days on
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    MLGebra wrote: »
    really LaLiam? what about when Poe taunts and his whole team "dodges" and gets offense up? must not happen to you much

You must not use him much.
    RP hits poorly after her huge damage nerf. RT on the other hand hits like an absolute truck.

But you see promise? Full resistence wouldnt work but these 2 have potential.
    {RotE}
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    Because rey only gets one hit off before she dies? She has the highest target priority in the game. Kill her or be killed!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I want to build a resistance team eventually, but let's face it, after Rey is dead, there won't be much resistance left. :) Plus with the new JE + B2 droid combo coming, i don't quite see the point of building any other teams.
  • Options
    Don't tell everyone or they'll switch!!
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf Poe...ummm...again?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Hendiju wrote: »
    Because rey only gets one hit off before she dies? She has the highest target priority in the game. Kill her or be killed!

I mean, at 10 she's only really threatened by Ackbar-Leia. Foresight and hp is enough to keep her alive before Poe taunts, put in Han/Phasma she'll have advantage by Flurry.
    Alexone wrote: »
    I want to build a resistance team eventually, but let's face it, after Rey is dead, there won't be much resistance left. :) Plus with the new JE + B2 droid combo coming, i don't quite see the point of building any other teams.

I'm still a little aprehensive of JE + B2, 88 is very squishy and the droids wont have off up before the firsy round of hits. Speed meta would have been op though.
    I had plans to experiment with an expose team involving Poe, RT, RP, Mace, and maybe the pig or Lando.

A las, no credits though. lol

Mace, there's another with potential, but with Dooku in half of teams he is not so useful. Maybe if his expose lasted longer than his turn. Tanky enough though.
    Reddplague wrote: »
    Don't tell everyone or they'll switch!!

Oh. Dammit.
    {RotE}
  • Options

Most teams are good enough for arena nowadays. Resistance is a sleeper team that people haven't figure out yet. Expose with Rey is a recipe for disaster!
  • Options
    Dodge dodge dodge dodge, you lose.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    Options
    Poe was sent to the bench because of his low potency and giving the other team mass offense up or tm up since the large majority of teams run evasion lead now.

Add that with the fact that his high speed actually hurts him since QGJ is in every single arena team and he is no longer in the lead, so he moves after Poe. Guess how long your Poe's taunt lasts? About 2 seconds.

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

This counts if you have evasion lead or not. Its the lack of dodge thats the issue.

Any other downside? (Other than you not dodging half of attacks)
    {RotE}
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    I have my resistance team almost ready, though not sure how effective they will be in the Arena. Will try them out in a month or so once RT is 7*. Might try a mix sooner just to get away from Dooku.
  • Stygian
    35 posts Member
    Options
    I run resistance in arena, but replaced Finn with StH. I like to be different. RT is th sleeper in he bunch
  • Stygian
    35 posts Member
    Options
    Mine is 80 gear 10 and 2nd attack crits for 8k, no omega yet. The real value is in the turn meter boost you get on expose. Combined with other toons that expose you can double up on attacks.
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    Options
    Poe is weak as leader because so many other leaders are way better. But there are some benefits to Poe.

Poe really shines on teams with glass cannon burst damage. Poe goes early and will reduce the entire enemies TM. This gives your team a favorable opportunity to go through a full squad attack some times twice (with further TMM). Also Poe will have a chance to expose increasing burst potential. Finally Poe attacks early on round 2 and has a small chance to reduce the enemies offense further protecting your glass cannons and himself.

The draw backs to Poe and why he is not seen anywhere but this type of squad is that Poe has incredibly low health for a taunt tank.

As a last niche for Poe I could argue he is good against a team that has a debuff on every character attack. Poe will likely resist it and restore health. But many of the high damage dealers (Rey and GS etc) don't cast rebuffs on hit so this is rare.

In Raid he is fairly friable because Rancor applies a debuff which Poe resists and this restores a decent portion of his health.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    So wait, should I hold off on pushing gear onto Poe for a bit still?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

This counts if you have evasion lead or not. Its the lack of dodge thats the issue.

Evasion leads are enough to stop Poe from ever returning, and don't forget QGJ that moves right after he does. Someone say free Offense Up?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Evasion leads are enough to stop Poe from ever returning, and don't forget QGJ that moves right after he does. Someone say free Offense Up?

Qg does not go after Poe.

What about Han/Phasma alongside, Poe taunt>Han taunt> Phasma vic> rey advantage for flurry.

Albeit thats a fair argument, on that basis Han and Rg are also useless.
    Azgadil wrote: »
    Poe is weak as leader because so many other leaders are way better. But there are some benefits to Poe.

Poe really shines on teams with glass cannon burst damage. Poe goes early and will reduce the entire enemies TM. This gives your team a favorable opportunity to go through a full squad attack some times twice (with further TMM). Also Poe will have a chance to expose increasing burst potential. Finally Poe attacks early on round 2 and has a small chance to reduce the enemies offense further protecting your glass cannons and himself.

The draw backs to Poe and why he is not seen anywhere but this type of squad is that Poe has incredibly low health for a taunt tank.

As a last niche for Poe I could argue he is good against a team that has a debuff on every character attack. Poe will likely resist it and restore health. But many of the high damage dealers (Rey and GS etc) don't cast rebuffs on hit so this is rare.

In Raid he is fairly friable because Rancor applies a debuff which Poe resists and this restores a decent portion of his health.

A lot of this is true, Poe still retains a quick tank to avoid first round damage on your canons, beyond that first round less so. Its important not to dismiss him due to him being an awful tank, my argument here is his leader ability with Rey and Rp/Rt makes him viable.

He actually is very good against the Rancor, under Luke lead even more impressive, his expose and more effectively his off down will land very often.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    I've been trying to get a resistance team going, all 7* except Rey but I haven't yet slotted trooper in in arena until I can get omega materials for his basic. I have gotten to about 60ish in arena at best. Against the Rancor they can do really good* if you get good timing on taunt and keep the Rancor with speed and offence down as his basic attack heals Poe more than hurts him and you can expose him a ton.

*My standards of really good are not the same as others, they will probably not get you millions like those TM manipulation teams.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    I remember way back when Poe was the meta. Then he got nerfed, but he was the one EVERYONE complained about. That was right when I started playing.
  • Options

How hard was the nerf and when?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Take whatever that guy is saying with a grain of salt. Meaning you can disregard it. He prolly doesn't have RP at gear 11. I haven't heard of anybody that has her yet. And i suspect her damage is fine.
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

It was -35% damage on her basic back in the balance and protection update. It's somewhere on SWGOH.gg, I'll find it now.
    Alexone wrote: »

Take whatever that guy is saying with a grain of salt. Meaning you can disregard it. He prolly doesn't have RP at gear 11. I haven't heard of anybody that has her yet. And i suspect her damage is fine.

Forgot your tablets again?