2Next

Replies

• darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Hellcat wrote: »
    It saddens me that people find it reasonable to pay hundreds of dollars for 1 character in a mobile video game :/

You might be proud of being a f2p. But remember this: if nobody is paying, you think EA would care to update the game and keep the servers running? I am f2p myself and I have nothing but appreciation towards p2p players.

Besides, people buy $5,000 designer hangbags, or pay 4 times the money to fly first class, or pay to use a gym so they can... run I guess?... I mean there are always ways to spend money that you don't agree with.

At least those people buy tangible things that actually exist. The items you listed also have resell value or are an investment in yourself. You are literally burning money putting thousands of dollars into a phone game from EA. People with addictions spend that much on games like this, it's essentially the same as gambling. They rationalize it by saying they're supporting the game they enjoy or it's just another hobby, but on some level they know it's straight up price gouging. Mobile games take advantage of the weak minded and the trust fund babies. =P

Real hobbies have intrinsic value because people collect things, even the most expensive hobbies like warhammer and mtg pale in comparison to the amount of money people throw at this game. And for what, to claim they have more pixels than you in on a mobile app?

Even other popular mobile games don't cost as much as SWGoH, $100-200 could get you a full top tier roster you can upgrade without spending money, where in this game it gets you one fringe usable character.

This is so wrong
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    'Real hobbies,' 'intrinsic value,' wth are you talking about
  • Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    'Real hobbies,' 'intrinsic value,' wth are you talking about

+1
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Video games ARE "real hobbies"
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    B2 is a beast! Took 36 pulls here to 7*, but well worth it.

Aurodium packs?
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    What if I go to Disney world for a day of entertainment? That's over $150 a ticket.
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Options
    Hellcat wrote: »
    It saddens me that people find it reasonable to pay hundreds of dollars for 1 character in a mobile video game :/

You might be proud of being a f2p. But remember this: if nobody is paying, you think EA would care to update the game and keep the servers running? I am f2p myself and I have nothing but appreciation towards p2p players.

Besides, people buy $5,000 designer hangbags, or pay 4 times the money to fly first class, or pay to use a gym so they can... run I guess?... I mean there are always ways to spend money that you don't agree with.

At least those people buy tangible things that actually exist. The items you listed also have resell value or are an investment in yourself. You are literally burning money putting thousands of dollars into a phone game from EA. People with addictions spend that much on games like this, it's essentially the same as gambling. They rationalize it by saying they're supporting the game they enjoy or it's just another hobby, but on some level they know it's straight up price gouging. Mobile games take advantage of the weak minded and the trust fund babies. =P

Real hobbies have intrinsic value because people collect things, even the most expensive hobbies like warhammer and mtg pale in comparison to the amount of money people throw at this game. And for what, to claim they have more pixels than you in on a mobile app?

Even other popular mobile games don't cost as much as SWGoH, $100-200 could get you a full top tier roster you can upgrade without spending money, where in this game it gets you one fringe usable character.

You're a bad person. Leave the internet.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    Options
    lol I just wanted to see how many whales I could get offended :*

but honestly the pricing model in this game is out of control
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    lol I just wanted to see how many whales I could get offended :*

but honestly the pricing model in this game is out of control

=)
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    Options
    What if I go to Disney world for a day of entertainment? That's over $150 a ticket.

Then your doing it wrong, 7 day passes are often cheaper than 3 day. Just avoid buying the food plan.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Samantha wrote: »

Then your doing it wrong, 7 day passes are often cheaper than 3 day. Just avoid buying the food plan.

Hehe
  • Options
    If B2 is on a dodge team, would his teammates dodging attacks have a chance to give him 100% turn meter or is it the opponents toons dodging attacks that does it?
    Also I wonder how he'd pair with leia and Lando, or an a*ssist team?