Whales v dolphins v ftp

Ive been doing some thinking! Scary right!

I have spent about $400 US on this game since december last year! A lot more than id like to admit, but im assuming this makes me a dolphin! Im definetly not ftp and im not a whale!

After the recent releases of new characters Rex, dark shaman, sunfac and the new droids etc i was a little disappointed that i would neva have access to them or might never!

It just seems a little unfair! I have supported this game in a significant way yet they keep releasing content for BIG spenders only. If you want to have access to these new guys youve got to drop alot more money in this game!

I understand that the big spenders should be looked after, but what about the small guys that probably make up the bulk of the gaming community. We should at least have access to slowly farm these new characters. We dont need them instantly 7 starred like the whales but throw us a bone we support you to!

You dont necessarily need to give everyone access, but i think you need to start giving some content to people who do support you!

Replies

• darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    They added them to shipments. A slow farm just like you describe = )
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Their business model is make everything absolutely insanely priced, because some people will pay it no matter what it is or how much it costs.

This, by definition, excludes everyone who wants to spend 10-100 on the game for something worthwhile. That price level doesn't exist here, and apparently it works for them.

I wish it were different too, but the existence of whales has crushed any chance of that happening.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    Their business model is make everything absolutely insanely priced, because some people will pay it no matter what it is or how much it costs.

This, by definition, excludes everyone who wants to spend 10-100 on the game for something worthwhile. That price level doesn't exist here, and apparently it works for them.

I wish it were different too, but the existence of whales has crushed any chance of that happening.

Probably a good reason to go back to pc or console games. I am going to dust off my old X-Wing game or Starcraft. Awesome games that were around $30.
  • Options
    Pc games/xbox/playstation/what ever all offer far better value on far more complex games yet for some reason mobile games are far simpler to make and they charge 10x more for less/unfinished content! It really is bizzare!

But off topic really, im happy to spend a bit here and there to speed up the leveling grinding process and show my support to the developers! However having exclusive content for people who pay more than I do doesnt sit well with me! Let the big spenders have it first sure! But give everyone else a crack to!
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    FluffySith wrote: »
    Pc games/xbox/playstation/what ever all offer far better value on far more complex games yet for some reason mobile games are far simpler to make and they charge 10x more for less/unfinished content! It really is bizzare!

But off topic really, im happy to spend a bit here and there to speed up the leveling grinding process and show my support to the developers! However having exclusive content for people who pay more than I do doesnt sit well with me! Let the big spenders have it first sure! But give everyone else a crack to!

Did you see my post where you can buy them in shipments? Why is this an issue still?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Most things become fArmable the longer you play. Give it a little time.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Xorath
    27 posts Member
    Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    They added them to shipments. A slow farm just like you describe = )

Just for clarifications,

Auro toons with the exception to REX are not added to shipments, they added chromium exclusive to shipments (except the lastest addition, echo). Rex is in shipment because he was added to chromium before they implemented the auro pack system.

Auro toons could however be added to shipments or made farmable on nodes in the near future.
  • Options
    Well and I know this isnt the best example..... Dath Maul (hands down the coolest character in the Sw universe) still not farmable unless you are a whale!

When exactly are they going to filter down!

EA need to start looking after the bread an butter people! Not just the cash cows!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Well and I know this isnt the best example..... Dath Maul (hands down the coolest character in the Sw universe) still not farmable unless you are a whale!

EA need to start looking after the bread an butter people! Not just the cash cows!

You can buy him from shipments, but he sucks so you probably don't want to farm him anyway haha
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Remember when Dooku was 5 bucks? I do... best value ever. Since then maybe the Barriss pack came close (which I bought) but every recent pack or offer they give is a pure ripoff.

I've probably spend around the same and although I don't feel any buyers remorse (not saying you do, don't get me wrong OP ;)), I agree with you.

It feels like they are saying; thanks for the money, now pay us more or get reckt in this game (geargate, "fixes", stealth nerfs, raid rewards, guild hopping etc etc).
    P2P, F2P or whale doesn't even matter much. If you were able to precraft and guildhop (before the "fix" arrives), you have an advantage over those that don't. Even if those people that didn't are Dolphins or whales.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Putting Chromium exlusives in shipments doesn't mean anything when it's 300 crystals for four shards and 1600 crystals to buy a furnace. I'm sorry, but unlocking Aayla Secura at three stars means nothing for a F2P because the requirements to keep your characters viable keep going up but the rewards stay the same..
  • Options

I have spent about $400 US on this game since december last year! A lot more than id like to admit, but im assuming this makes me a dolphin! Im definetly not ftp and im not a whale!

After the recent releases of new characters Rex, dark shaman, sunfac and the new droids etc i was a little disappointed that i would neva have access to them or might never!

It just seems a little unfair! I have supported this game in a significant way yet they keep releasing content for BIG spenders only. If you want to have access to these new guys youve got to drop alot more money in this game!

I understand that the big spenders should be looked after, but what about the small guys that probably make up the bulk of the gaming community. We should at least have access to slowly farm these new characters. We dont need them instantly 7 starred like the whales but throw us a bone we support you to!

You dont necessarily need to give everyone access, but i think you need to start giving some content to people who do support you!

Just spend a little more, that next tier is only right around the corner. What's a few hundred dollars to a baller like you? Think of it as an investment in your future. Imagine how good you'll look on the leaderboard.

- Every Freemium Game Ever

/s
  • Options
    The thing is, you don't actually NEED paid characters to be competitive. even if you base your team in its entirety on a ftp roster you still may be competitive - just you don't have any options (i.e., "whales" may have 10-12 GREAT characters to chose from, and you only have 5-6, but playing these same 5-6 characters you may compete). Of course if "personal preference" matters for you then you have no chance - on a ftp route, you literally must play a very short list of ftp chars without any room for maneuver at all
  • Options

Maul blows donkeys. The only reason to get him is you finished farming r2d2's cigarette lighter.

I don't think any must have toon has been pay only, some nice additions have been added, but nothing you -need-

This model for mobile isn't going away. Even if everyone paid as they should for a game, there would be people who would pay more to be better and business will always exploit that.

Give it time, in 10 years console games will be the same. Maybe 5.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think i'm still waiting for my promotion from plankton to krill.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

I totally get it. I've spent way more than I care to admit and been playing since Nov. I'm coming to the conclusion that its been a total waste of money and time. Meanwhile in another thread a whale is crying he can't buy the new login character. Lool
  • Options
    Parad1sel wrote: »

Maul blows donkeys. The only reason to get him is you finished farming r2d2's cigarette lighter.

I don't think any must have toon has been pay only, some nice additions have been added, but nothing you -need-

This model for mobile isn't going away. Even if everyone paid as they should for a game, there would be people who would pay more to be better and business will always exploit that.

Give it time, in 10 years console games will be the same. Maybe 5.

You are hilarious! I got such a kick out of your post here!!!! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. Kinda bummed about this stupid empire event aka "whales appreciation event"( and I don't want to hear from the 2-3 FTP lucky ones that happened to have the right toons).
    Any way, thanks again for the laugh. So funny and so true
  • Options
    Ok. Wow. In my post above, I said a word that is synonymous with"not intelligent". It isn't a curse word. It begins with s, ends with D. And it was changed to four stars.
    I don't like that editing. It makes it looks like I was using foul language when I wasn't and don't
  • Options
    Ok. Wow. In my post above, I said a word that is synonymous with"not intelligent". It isn't a curse word. It begins with s, ends with D. And it was changed to four stars.
    I don't like that editing. It makes it looks like I was using foul language when I wasn't and don't

I had 'assist' censored in guild chat.

• Options

Though it hasn't happened to me, have a +1
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    I think i'm still waiting for my promotion from plankton to krill.

Shrimp here.
  • Options
    Meh. I don't really mind unless it's a character I like. (Looking at you GG)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me