Why does Rey's entire "flurry" get dodged?

Prev1
gobears21
1265 posts Member
As a new level 80 and starting to get geared and powered player, my GW's have started to take a turn. I still don't feel I should have a voice in how difficult GW is as I respect the 37/38k power level for being the tipping point. That said, my GW is starting to get ridiculous and can only imagine it to be worse. Last nite I think I met 8 dooku led teams and by far and wide Rey's flurry of blows gets 100% dodged almost every single time I try it.

If it is a "flurry" how can she not at least land part of it? I mean I can see "a" dodge of one of the "flurry" but all of them? Is this a bug or is it meant to be all or nothing?

Replies

• OoUndead
    212 posts Member
    Options
    RNG my friend, RNG !
    Just bad luck :)
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    OoUndead wrote: »
    RNG my friend, RNG !

Every time though?
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. It didn't work on arena, and missed 3 time in a raw in GW... If it is RNG, it was most annoying one...
  • Xukca
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Most of the time if you call an assist, and the original attack is dodged, the assist also gets dodged.. So yeah..
  • OoUndead
    212 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    OoUndead wrote: »
    RNG my friend, RNG !

Every time though?

" I mean I can see "a" dodge of one of the "flurry""

Flurry is ONE attack and it is considered as such ! So if it gets dodge, the whole flurry gets dodge. not 2/3 neither 1/3 !

And yeah, every time ! This is probability ! You have the same probability to GET " NO NO NO " than " YES YES YES" ! But if you get that over 20 / 50 / 100 tries, yeah maybe start asking questions ! Or ask a refund to god because you are unlucky !
  • Options
    I think it is the reverse of what you are thinking. You want it to go through if she makes a hit (1/3 or 1/4), but I think it is actually if one of the bunch gets evaded it all misses. I miss that one out of her three moves a lot since dodge meta.
    So now that toons are in the 9/10 gear bracket they seem to dodge it more especially with evasion leads.
    It's the reason I don't understand people saying she is overpowered, she gets dropped easily vs evasion or debuff teams.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    I think it is the reverse of what you are thinking. You want it to go through if she makes a hit (1/3 or 1/4), but I think it is actually if one of the bunch gets evaded it all misses. I miss that one out of her three moves a lot since dodge meta.
    So now that toons are in the 9/10 gear bracket they seem to dodge it more especially with evasion leads.
    It's the reason I don't understand people saying she is overpowered, she gets dropped easily vs evasion or debuff teams.

Because those people are fighting 200+ brackets and have no idea she actually falls off high end. She is still a top tier toon, just not OP. Especially with those droid teams dominating at max gear.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    As others have said, it's considered one multi-attack instead of four single attacks. They did this also to make it where she only gets countered one time on this attack vs 3-4 times.

Someone posted earlier this week that it actually calculates 3-4 hits for damage/crit basis and if anyone of these miss the entire attack misses. I don't know if that is actually how it works but it makes sense and explains the perceived higher miss chance. I will tell you though, as much as it hurts to see those misses it brings a smile to see a quadruple Crit attack.
  • Daeghaa
    95 posts Member
    Options
    I think this is a valid point to discuss, mostly because RG taunts in the middle (if present) even if the attacked toon dies. The first and second attack are independent. Even if they weren't, Leia's multi-attack doesn't depend of a valid 1st attack.
  • Options
    With a game that's designed for you to pay money, don't be so surprised when all of your strong characters miss more often than others. I remember when I was leveling GS, the stronger he got, the more he missed. Bariss, on the other hand, rarely, if ever, misses. And yeah, my Rey misses all the time too
  • Options
    I like it the way it is. All you're doing is opening the door to have a bunch of 1/3, 2/4, etc. everyone is ignoring the fact that when you do land it you always get all the hits. Do want the door to slam on the rancor and you go 1/3, 2/4? I land all blows far more than I miss across all aspects of the game, far more.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Daeghaa wrote: »
    I think this is a valid point to discuss, mostly because RG taunts in the middle (if present) even if the attacked toon dies. The first and second attack are independent. Even if they weren't, Leia's multi-attack doesn't depend of a valid 1st attack.

Exactly this....

And to others saying it is "designed" as one attack.... have the devs confirmed this? I mean I have my opinions but without seeing the spec one can't know if it is a bug or not. If the spec says "it is one attack" then working as designed. If the spec says "it is meant to process as individual attacks" then it is a bug. I would guess none of us in the user community have seen the spec so your opinion is just conjecture.... I'm inquiring as to what the spec says? Is this a bug or is it working as intended?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @gobears21
    When Rey was released, each attack in the flurry was considered a separate attack. This meant if Rey hit a Dooku and failed to kill him, she would receive minimum 3 attacks, then like 2 or 3 bonus attacks from Dooku procs. So, she hits Dooku 3 times and can potentially receive 6 in return.

Dev's changed it so that her flurry is considered one attack with 3 hits, meaning if the initial attack fails so do all the hits.

Sucks, but when you are in a dodge meta then that ONE attack having a high change to be dodged severely cripples your over-all damage.
  • DaKraken
    121 posts Member
    Options
    I agree it gets dodged way too often in comparisson to others. I just think is a slight of hand/behind the scenes Rey nerf.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    Daeghaa wrote: »

Exactly this....

And to others saying it is "designed" as one attack.... have the devs confirmed this? I mean I have my opinions but without seeing the spec one can't know if it is a bug or not. If the spec says "it is one attack" then working as designed. If the spec says "it is meant to process as individual attacks" then it is a bug. I would guess none of us in the user community have seen the spec so your opinion is just conjecture.... I'm inquiring as to what the spec says? Is this a bug or is it working as intended?

@gobears21
    Per my previous post, yes, the Devs have confirmed the attack SHOULD BE CONSIDERED ONE ATTACK.

The multiple attacks per hit (which each individually proc'd counter attacks) was considered a bug and NOT intended.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »

Per my previous post, yes, the Devs have confirmed the attack SHOULD BE CONSIDERED ONE ATTACK.

The multiple attacks per hit (which each individually proc'd counter attacks) was considered a bug and NOT intended.

this. Just imagine Dooku retaliates Rey by countering 8 times in a row ... Also assist attacks does not count as individual attacks or they will get countered. This is the price for nerfing Dooku.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Alugard
    108 posts Member
    Options
    People ask to nerf her now...just think if she hit all of the time how many more nerf posts there would be.
  • feälóke
    117 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Well if flurry is considered as single attack, i get it. It is "all or nothing". If she hits, she hits with all 3 or 4. Same way, if she misses.
    But there is one thing, which is not answering to that. If Rey attacks SH, he gets not one 20% TM bonus for every other ally, but 60% or 80% (for each hit 20%), so in this case its not considered as single atack, but as multiple. And this two meters inbalance is a mistake and should be repaired.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    feälóke wrote: »
    Well if flurry is consider as single attack, i get it. It is "all or nothing". If she hits, she hits with all 3 or 4. Same way, if she misses.
    But there is one thing, which is not answering to that. If Rey attacks SH, he gets not one 20% TM bonus for every other ally, but 60% or 80% (for each hit 20%), so in this case its not considered as single atack, but as multiple. And this two meters inbalance is a mistake and should be repaired.
    @feälóke

ST Han's taunt explicitly states he gives turn meter when he is damaged, not when he is attacked.
    Rey, while attacking once, hits 3 separate times which does damage to ST Han each individual time because each hit is separate (not the attack). This is working as intended.
  • feälóke
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Well if flurry is consider as single attack, i get it. It is "all or nothing". If she hits, she hits with all 3 or 4. Same way, if she misses.
    @feälóke

ST Han's taunt explicitly states he gives turn meter when he is damaged, not when he is attacked.
    Rey, while attacking once, hits 3 separate times which does damage to ST Han each individual time because each hit is separate (not the attack). This is working as intended.

Dont agree, its just wordplay. Is SH giving TM to allies even when he is damaged by DoT (debuff)? I dont think so... No, there are just two meters to same thing, which prefers in this case unfairly Han before Rey.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @feälóke

Dont agree, its just wordplay. Is SH giving TM to allies even when he is damaged by DoT (debuff)? I dont think so... No, there are just two meters to same thing, which prefers in this case unfairly Han before Rey.

@feälóke
    It is not word play. It is rules. If you play any card game like Magic the Gathering, wording is everything. It is actually the reason her attack counting as three separate attacks was considered a bug: it was the wording of the ability.

And yes, when ST Han receives any damage he provides TM. If he is not on a DoT, I would say that is a bug because of the wording on his ability.

Not once in Rey's ability does it say she attacks, it says she "deals" damage twice. There is a difference between attacking, hitting, and dealing damage. You can even see this in other abilities (specifically counters) which state they counter per "attack received" not "hits received"

To say it is word play shows your lack of understanding on mechanics and intentions. Often times these sort of things result in #1 A fix to the character (Rey attacking once, hitting three times) or #2 A change in the ability's wording to reflect what it actually does.
  • feälóke
    117 posts Member
    Options
    We are not on the same wave, it appears. I was not specific or well understood. I didnt say, that the content of the characters description is wordplay (i played magics few years ago as well btw., i know how much important is even the sequence of the words). I meant your explanation was based on wordplay.
    I agree with your explanation about damage, hits and attack, but if there is "A", there must be "B". And if there is something which is not responding to this logic (like DoT in this case), then they have mistakes in meaning of damage/hits/attack themselfs.
    And it depends on devs if they will fix it by classifying DoT as damaging effect or change Hans description from "damage" to "attack".
  • GOfish52
    222 posts Member
    Options
    GW is supposed to be a challenge, I don't want to auto it! If u don't like it don't play it, certainly don't complain about it being hard. The hard ones where u have to use all ur toons are the best ones!
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Because they silently nerfed her.
  • Options
    they programmed it as one attack, that's why. It's not like Leia or FOTP.
  • Options
    Rg can proc in the middle of a flurry though. In contrast with leverage's two hits rg does not proc to taunt when target's health goes yellow.
  • feälóke
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Rg can proc in the middle of a flurry though. In contrast with leverage's two hits rg does not proc to taunt when target's health goes yellow.

Exactly, they change multiple attacks to one attack with multiple damaging hits but mechanics typical for multiple attacks remained.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    One attack, one counter.....

But I believe it goes through 4x dodge check.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    GOfish52 wrote: »
    GW is supposed to be a challenge, I don't want to auto it! If u don't like it don't play it, certainly don't complain about it being hard. The hard ones where u have to use all ur toons are the best ones!

Wrong thread buddy
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    DaKraken wrote: »
    I agree it gets dodged way too often in comparisson to others. I just think is a slight of hand/behind the scenes Rey nerf.

That's called confirmation bias, the times Rey misses stand out a lot more than when she lands her attacks
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!