Who to gear to X ? Help.

So I have the gear to X Rey as she is the regular choice but my almost 7* Elder requieres the exact same gear to X, I should say that I usually dont follów the meta.
Whats your opinión guys anyone has face a X elder or it would be foolish not give the gear to Rey ?

Replies

• Kebab
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Do you mean the ewok elder..? I have battled him a few times but he is absolute garbage .. The revive is nice but not spectacular so how do you use him en howecome you find him worth 7starring? No offense! Just curious what he can do (so i would go for rey)
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    Options
    rey will improve your arena and raid
  • Options
    Kebab wrote: »
    Do you mean the ewok elder..? I have battled him a few times but he is absolute garbage .. The revive is nice but not spectacular so how do you use him en howecome you find him worth 7starring? No offense! Just curious what he can do (so i would go for rey)

Yes I mean the ewok elder, I dont really use him other than in Gw wich he can save days, but Im thinking also for the raid he can be usefull and if maybe with gear X he can become top 5 arena viable.
    My arena team is han, rg, daka, qgj and rey all gear IX so it may be a nice addition there for qgj maybe. But probably is better to give her to Rey.
  • Options
    Elder is really good in Raid against the pigs. That said, I'd still probably go Rey.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    True, but just keep in mind the community has Rey's head on the nerfing-block, so be prepared for possible future frustration there.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    The community = vocal minority who don't have her
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have her bro. It's who has her that responded to his question that would be the tell.

EDIT: I also have Elder sitting there waiting for a mill to get him that last star. But I haven't yet because I have other heroes that can clear death mark.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have her bro. It's who has her that responded to his question that would be the tell.

EDIT: I also have Elder sitting there waiting for a mill to get him that last star. But I haven't yet because I have other heroes that can clear death mark.

I wasn't pointing fingers. You are correct tho. A lot of folks are calling for her nerf. Like many have said, she is not hard to deal with with the right setup. That falls on deaf ears tho
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Rey.
    Elder is more of a niche toon IMO. Awesome in P1 of raid and useful elsewhere but nothing to write home about. Every time Rey unleashes her stick, you feel it all the way down your spine! No matter the game mode. Seriously though, Rey is the One.

I really hope devs ignore the call to nerf her as I am barely enjoying her at 7*. I am far from GX, and that's who I would gear first. I really hope she avoids the nerf though. Really.

• Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    go for Rey, sure shes "meta" but thats because shes so useful, shes great in raids, gw, arena and anywhere else, pretty much the only character that is useful in all modes
  • Options
    Rey to gear X made an immediate impact on both my arena and my raid. I jumped from constantly 4-6 in T7 to #2 immediately and have an easier time maintaining top 3 in arena. Best upgrade I've made so far!
  • Options
    EE is great in a lea team. I use him in Top 10 arena team on november server and always win with full squad left. Defence i barley move. Nice to have that revive against Rey and with 1st skill omega he can be nasty with other TM synergy like han. Team i use most is AA EE RG Lea +[STH/Lando/QGJ/phasma] depending on match.

I have all the meta guys but this team is just more fun. Lea just fires away as they all use their support and utility skills. Buffs heals revives and 2 aoe clense.

So if your gonna play lea/AA elder is great
  • Mik
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Have seen a few guys with qjc at xi gear. Not sure what the benefit is there.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    Like many have said, she is not hard to deal with with the right setup. That falls on deaf ears tho

Count me in on that one too haha. I wrote a thread about stopping the Nerf Mob because everyone's so trigger happy to claim her overpowered when she isn't, she's just the shiniest of the glass cannons. They did it to FOTP, they did it to GS, they'll probably do it to her, then guess what, there'll be another new hero on the nerfing-block.

Deaf ears though, it's a thing as you say.
  • Options
    Thank you all guys i went with Rey at the end she hits really hard wich helps in arena, I do feel kinda bad because I really wanted to see my elder shine in arena unfortunately i dont have leía and posible never wiil as it was suggested it sounds like a good team.
  • Options
    While I only have Rey, it's worth noting if you have Sidious and a revive team you can deal some serious damage with Sidious's Sadistic Glee ability...