Increase to Level 90

Prev1
I have a feeling that there will be a cap increase in July. I think level 90 will just levels. No new or higher gear and no way to increase abilities. Just a higher level so that you gain an edge.

Replies

• Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    Well let's hope not because that would just be a complete waste of time and credits for everyone.
  • Options
    How about no Scott?
  • Options
    NOT. YET.

Too soon.

• aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    Options
    Troll bait.
    I'm not biting
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree, no. People are just starting to diversify if they tunnel vision everyone on leveling again that will kill it. They need to wait awhile yet. Fix bugs, add some new content, let people play and diversify.
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    Options
    There is no way. Part of the reason they have made such a credit crunch and gear crunch is to prolong the next level increase. That gives them way more time to add and test new content.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Not even level 80 yet. Pft, I would literally be done with the game if they did. Even though I know this is a troll post :)
  • Options
    Whales would be delighted to widen the gap between them and f2p.
  • Options
    I'm gonna go with H377 NO!
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Stuwart wrote: »
    There is no way. Part of the reason they have made such a credit crunch and gear crunch is to prolong the next level increase. That gives them way more time to add and test new content.

Exactly.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they release a new raid or change the existing Heroic raid prior to a level cap increase.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    trashcanus wrote: »

Not really. Even whales are stuck waiting on raid dropped gear. We don't need a level cap raise until November at the rate most t7 raiders are getting gear
  • Options

Not all of us. I got to 80 quite quickly and dropped over 2k last month alone, 6 vaults the last 3 days too, and I'd not be happy with the cap raise. People are starting to catch up. Seeing more diversity, able to test.

Please don't speak for an entire group of people you do not know.
  • trashcanus
    66 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It was more a joke than a criticism :)

I agree, big NO, no level cap increase before the end of the year.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Opusone wrote: »

Not really. Even whales are stuck waiting on raid dropped gear. We don't need a level cap raise until November at the rate most t7 raiders are getting gear
    Which means the rest of us will be able to diversify by about November 2019.

Would there really be any big outrage if they just left the level cap at 80 for a long time and just expanded the game horizontally?
  • Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    Would there really be any big outrage if they just left the level cap at 80 for a long time and just expanded the game horizontally?

I'd enjoy the game more if it was left at 80 for a minimum of 6 months preferably a year.
  • Options
    It was more a joke than a criticism :)

I agree, big NO, no level cap increase before the end of the year.

I'd like it to stay awhile. With gear 11 possible for several and 10, the new characters. There is tons of testing to do. I'm seeing people trying new builds out. It is getting fun again. A cap raise would ruin that for me. They certainly need to wait a good bit. We have had a couple already in just over half a year.
  • Options
    How about no Scott?

I didn't miss it ;)
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I'll pass. :/
  • Options
    No more leveling until next year lol bugger that content expands out not up.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have a feeling that there will be a cap increase in July. I think level 90 will just levels. No new or higher gear and no way to increase abilities. Just a higher level so that you gain an edge.

Well game came out in November, around 60 days later increase to 70.

2 months after that.. 80...

So I would say July or 1st Week in August is a safe bet.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options

LOL. What does level increase have to do with new content? Nothing.. you don't NEED to level to get access to new content.. they can still increase level.. it will not make a difference.

They look at TOP players if those players are capped and start to get bored, guess what EA loses revenue.. so they have to keep THOSE people happy as well.

• Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »
    They look at TOP players if those players are capped and start to get bored, guess what EA loses revenue.. so they have to keep THOSE people happy as well.
    A few whales on my shard have nearly every character available, at G8, and majority level 80 (over half their roster). So increasing the level cap would give them something else to do... >:)

• LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Tavanh wrote: »
    A few whales on my shard have nearly every character available, at G8, and majority level 80 (over half their roster). So increasing the level cap would give them something else to do... >:)

G8 isn't anything to write home about...they still need dozens and dozens and dozens of tons to g9 and beyond....all locked away behind raids. So months and months before any of them (and I'm one of them), needs a level increase (unless the way you get current raid gear changes)
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

LOL. What does level increase have to do with new content? Nothing.. you don't NEED to level to get access to new content.. they can still increase level.. it will not make a difference.

Actually, level has a lot to do with new content. See the event that came out yesterday.

And yes, the whales being bored at the level cap is a result of two things: precrafting and purchasable via RNG furnaces pushing people into farm mode for heroic much more quickly than intended (the rest of the world will be playing catch up for months and months). And a lack of new content. Leveling for the sake of leveling doesn't appeal to anyone. Leveling is a time sink to distract players from lack of real content.

The pre crafting debacle created this divide in what the player base needs/wants, and that still need to be addressed before the game continues in any direction.

• Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I say raise to cap to 100 asap. I don't know what I shall do with all my credits anyway....
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    Opusone wrote: »
    G8 isn't anything to write home about...they still need dozens and dozens and dozens of tons to g9 and beyond....all locked away behind raids. So months and months before any of them (and I'm one of them), needs a level increase (unless the way you get current raid gear changes)

Just increasing the level cap would only affect character/player levels, not gear. The devs wouldn't need to add a gear increase to supplement the level increase.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    No. No, No, NO. It's way too soon for a cap increase. Give us some breathing room.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like to gather a few omegas before that happens, please :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m