Teebo TM Bug **Merged Threads**

Oda_Kosan_Awa
157 posts Member
edited June 2016
Several times now I have noticed that when applying TM reduction on the rancor, if the TM is relatively low, and the attack works, rancor's TM goes to zero, and then immediately is maxed out. Almost like someone is using an unsigned int to track it, and it overflows because it's reduced below zero.
I have observed this several times. If the TM is more than halfway, then it seems to work as expected.
Post edited by ShaolinPunk on

Replies

• Options
    Teebo TM reduction is not working as it always has. It's especially apparent in the Mace Windu challenge, but also in GW. He very often doesn't budge the opponent's TM , and this does not appear to be a "potency/tenacity" issue
  • Tlon
    11 posts Member
    Options
    +1 According to my numbers, in the tank challenge he reduces turn meter less than Chewie, who has relatively similar potency, but only a 25% chance to reduce TM
  • Options
    Teebo TM is broken all around, raids, challenges, arena, GW
  • Stingray666666
    28 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Teebo's turn meter reduction isn't working in rancorous raid lvl 5. Spent weeks farming him especially for his TM reduction in the raid. Part of his "basic ability " 75% reduction it should be. Not removing anything. Spoke to "technical support " what a waste of time. I have no idea why they are there. Absolutely no help whatsoever!!!!!
    No ability to fix anything or do anything they just tell you to post it on the forum!!!
    Well I've posted loads of issues on the forum!!!!!
    Nothing happens here either!!!!
    EA just take your money and leave you hanging!!!!
    Why am I still here?
    Unfortunately for me despite the "tech support " and Devs who don't Dev Galaxy of heroes is still a fantastic game!
    Maybe I'll be lucky and somebody will actually do what there job title suggests!!!!
    Not holding my breath!!!
    Customer service = zero
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Options
    So, if you have Teebo less than Gear 10, the highest potency he can have is 40% versus the high tenacity of the Rancor. Ever since an update back in April, TM reduction by any toon (not just Teebo) can be resisted. So this is actually how it is supposed to work. Get him geared up of you want it to work better against the Rancor.
  • Options
    Thanks for that. It should state that in his abilities. If it says it removes 75% TM it should be doing it.
    I tried him in stage 4 of the raid (tier5) and he was sometimes taking TM but very random.
  • Options
    you Teebo is inadequately leveled and geared. Finish him and enjoy.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    I tested Teebo gear 8 in tier 6 raid many times and I saw only one successfull -TM reduction in the phase 2 and 3. The same works much often in the phase 4.
  • Options

He's 7 star he's got all his abilities at level 6 or 7 and I'm pushing his gear lvl as hard as I can.
    But that's not the point. The point is if you work hard to get something and it says what it can do. Eg remove 75% TM then it quite simply should.
    If it says removes 75% TM except for when used in Rancor Raids then fine.
    But it doesn't, so people like me are going to be unhappy when having concentrated on him for weeks and it doesn't work!!
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Rancor is a specific char, but the answer is in potency equal ~45 using gear 8 and ~85 using gear 10.

How to calculate potency and chance ? What is better :
    - 75% chance with potency 45
    or
    - 30% chance with potency 100
    ?

Post edited by Tomek on
  • Bobafeit
    139 posts Member
    Options

He's 7 star he's got all his abilities at level 6 or 7 and I'm pushing his gear lvl as hard as I can.
    But that's not the point. The point is if you work hard to get something and it says what it can do. Eg remove 75% TM then it quite simply should.
    But it doesn't, so people like me are going to be unhappy when having concentrated on him for weeks and it doesn't work!!

Yes this annoyed me to it dosent say has a chance to remove TM it says if stealthed it removes 75%
  • Options
    Bobafeit wrote: »

Yes this annoyed me to it dosent say has a chance to remove TM it says if stealthed it removes 75%

But if you play this game for any length of time, you know that potency and tenacity will determine if the effect occurs. Weak potency characters (like Teebo) can be resisted. The only time an effect is "guaranteed" is when it specifically states "this effect cannot be resisted", which Teebo's does not.

Resisting effects and dodging attacks is a well-known game mechanic, and trying to complain about it makes it look like you don't understand the basics of the game to begin with.
  • Bobafeit
    139 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I notice several times now that when teebo removes tm on rancor, rancor gets it all back when teebo's turn is over is this a bug or visual bug? i also notice in tank challenge the same thing when chewie removed TM on mace
    I dont quite see the value of any TM removal toon if the boss gets it all back when that toons turn is over?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
  • Options

But if you play this game for any length of time, you know that potency and tenacity will determine if the effect occurs. Weak potency characters (like Teebo) can be resisted. The only time an effect is "guaranteed" is when it specifically states "this effect cannot be resisted", which Teebo's does not.

Resisting effects and dodging attacks is a well-known game mechanic, and trying to complain about it makes it look like you don't understand the basics of the game to begin with.

Well sorry for not being english when you read his ability it say "remove 75 % TM" just cuz you are a fanboy dosent mean they could not have written a better description there is always room for improvment
  • Options
    I have the same problem with teebo and his stealth takedown ability: my teebo has omega in this hability, level 80 and gear 9...but seems that it didn t work with raid 6 and against the rancor.
    In fase one of raid, the ability workes very good with g but in others fases, the turn meter is not removed...
    In a first attackt, using 14 times this ability, the results are : 2 worked, 8 resisted, and 4 attacks that nothing happened.....
    In another attack using 16 times, 3 times working, 8 resisted and 5 atacks that nothing happened.

Im still waiting for an answer to ea customer attention.

• Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    Well sorry for not being english when you read his ability it say "remove 75 % TM" just cuz you are a fanboy dosent mean they could not have written a better description there is always room for improvment
    He is correct, so no need to be rude. This ability USED to not have a tenacity check, intentionally, and a few updates ago it was changed. Virtually all abilities now have a potency vs tenacity check, unless otherwise stated. Has nothing to do with being a fanboy.
    Do you really expect every single ability to have a tenacity disclaimer? That will get tedious. Just assume it's there.
    Omega-boosted IG-88 leader ability appears not to have a tenacity check, I'm sure it's a bug and will be fixed.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    Toineswgh wrote: »
    I have the same problem with teebo and his stealth takedown ability: my teebo has omega in this hability, level 80 and gear 9...but seems that it didn t work with raid 6 and against the rancor.
    In fase one of raid, the ability workes very good with g but in others fases, the turn meter is not removed...
    In a first attackt, using 14 times this ability, the results are : 2 worked, 8 resisted, and 4 attacks that nothing happened.....
    In another attack using 16 times, 3 times working, 8 resisted and 5 atacks that nothing happened.

Im still waiting for an answer to ea customer attention.

In gear 9 he only has 40% potency, very low. I still use him as lead, but he has to be supplemented with QGJ, who in max gear has over 200% potency, and will lower Rancor TM to give more opportunities to Teebo.
    It is useful, when running Teebo lead, to have a char that applies slow (Fives, RG, Phasma) and a char that speeds up Teebo (Chirpa, Elder) and a char that can remove bits of TM reliably (QGJ). This combination will give Teebo many opportunities to try his thing. I can pretty much solo phase 4 of Tier 6 with Teebo, Elder, Chirpa, Fives, and QGJ, as long as I have patience. Fives, QGJ, Teebo, and Elder have omegas and are in gear 9-11.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Bobafeit
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Lianara wrote: »
    He is correct, so no need to be rude. This ability USED to not have a tenacity check, intentionally, and a few updates ago it was changed. Virtually all abilities now have a potency vs tenacity check, unless otherwise stated. Has nothing to do with being a fanboy.
    Do you really expect every single ability to have a tenacity disclaimer? That will get tedious. Just assume it's there.
    Omega-boosted IG-88 leader ability appears not to have a tenacity check, I'm sure it's a bug and will be fixed.

Belive you should read his post again then, im still saying tho us who dont have english as 1st languege it can be missread they can easy change it to have a chance to remove 75% TM ive spent alot on Teebo he is still bugged he only have stealt for 2 turns even tho ability says 3 and he been like this for months not to mention when boss gets all tm back when teebos turn end so im **** off so dont need some1 telling me i dont understand the game on top
  • Options
    I have the same problem now i m in gear X : it s not the problem of tenacity because i red the message that rancor resisted, the problem is than in many attack done by teebo, nothing happened: the tm didn t removed and the rancor didn t resist this attack... this is the problem of this bug .....and still waiting for ea s answer for today ticket