Top 3 damage dealers?

Prev1
MrJx3
257 posts Member
Who are the top 3 dps characters currently? Rey and GS are 2, but who is the third? IG 88?

Replies

• Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Leila
  • Options
    Leia maybe. 86 for f2p
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I see 14k crits from Ahsoka pretty regularly... at g8...
    If the target is < 50% health...
  • NoTime
    15 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    leia, rey and 86?
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    Options
    I meant 86. Leia isn't really an option for me since I can't max her, so are Rey, GS, and 86 top 3 dps for ftp players?
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Rey, Leia, 86, GS, FOTP in that order.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • NoTime
    15 posts Member
    Options
    top dmg doesnt mean you should farm them :D most ppl tend to use rey and qgj as dd
  • twaller
    123 posts Member
    Options
    All assisters of course hit hard especially if their conditions r met. A few other toons not mentioned are darth maul hitting Jedi where he can absolutely pummel them, lando Double downX2 can do massive damage, and greedo has a double shot as well that is powerful.
  • Options
    Rey, Leia, gs
  • Options
    How is it that three chicks have the highest damage in the entire galaxy?! Oh wait...nevermind...it must be a married guy configuring these chars.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    J5squared wrote: »
    How is it that three chicks have the highest damage in the entire galaxy?! Oh wait...nevermind...it must be a married guy configuring these chars.

3?
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    Rey, Leia, gs

This 100%
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/abilities/ note that it doesn't count the full damage of multi-attacks since the total damage is determined by which character assists
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Whoah there....i said whoah!

1st off basic atk dmg? Or special?

Basic I'd say leia(16k)/88(14k)/?

Special then its vader (???) then ahsoka (32k) and rey (28k)?

(#'s) are best crits I've seen...im sure someone has seen better on all of them. But this what ive seen again.

Assistance attackers are a whole seperate category so lets leave them OUT of this equation, unless your considering there basic...only.
  • Options
    But you can't leave assist callers out of the equation, as the assist damage should be counted as the caller's damage as well. Yes it's complicated because the damage depends on who gets called, but you could easily estimate a ballpark figure.

My guess would be Rey, QGJ, and GS are top three. Swarm does a lot more damage on the initial hit than QGJ's assist, but then again QGJ's assister does 75% more damage on their attack.

Also important to talk about are leader and unique abilities. Yes 86 hits hard, but being in a droid squad also massively boosts his damage. On his own he still hits hard, but top 3 hard? Not sure.

Have to consider speed also, obviously (this certainly hurts 86's DPS as he's slow). You can't just look at damage numbers for individual attacks, as that says nothing about how many attacks a toon will get over the course of a fight. Really outside of a few toons which we'd probably all consider top 3 because we know it's true (*cough* Rey *cough*), without a proper simulator we could be making some pretty wild guesses here.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Assists can be anything from 0 to 15k damage though
  • Zazoo
    8 posts Member
    Options
    I have a G9 Rey (Bought a Furnace) and G8 GS, Resistance Pilot, IG-86, Qui-Gon etc

Single hits from Basic IG-86 and Rey consistently do the most damage.
    But IG-86 is slow and does less hits.

Qui-Gon and GS because of assists do the second best damage consistently and are quick GS is even better now that I have added an Omega to his 3rd ability.

So I would rate the damage dealers
    1st Rey (No question)
    2nd Qui-Gon his utility is just so good he beats GS and he is very fast
    3rd GS He does good consistent damage and is fast
    4th IG-86 his speed lets him down

I unfortunately cannot comment on FOTP but in a few months of slow farming I might be able to.
    Also Leia is P2P and I am F2P so cannot comment on her either.

• Options
    Rey, Leia, and GS are the top three most consistent heavy hitters. There are others that can hit harder but they either need to be in the right lineup or they need to be set up properly to do it
  • Options
    Where does 88 fit in?
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Options
    IG86, although I fought a greedo that shot twice 7k damage each time. In one turn so.
  • Notext
    8 posts Member
    Options
    There was a match I had where the opposing Lando did so much damage with his aoe in such a short span, I don't think anyone could top it.

I wish I could remember the setup, I know phasma and Ackbar were involved. I rage closed the app so I didn't destroy my phone.
  • Bar_Buryin
    85 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Rey, Leia, GS in that order IMO. Rey has the highest amount of burst damage and one of the highest speeds with the occasional protection of foresight. Leia double attack on basic possibly triple attack which you can get often is at least 12k per turn if a shot crits or if you land a triple crit can do as much as 23k damage total and doing damage under the protection of stealth, plus one of the highest speeds and has tons of utility with team crit chance buff. GS has one of the highest speeds, offense up, to go with pure damage and can get even faster with the Omega on his unique granting him 50% turn meter when he crits and I know I crit far more than not so I'm going almost every other turn basically.
    Honorable Mentions:
    QGJ - his assist grants other attacker plus 75% damage and he has a ton of utility (dispel, offense up). Can easily take place of GS depending on the setup if you require more utility instead of higher and faster burst damage.
    FOTP - don't be fooled he received a nerf upon update but once you fight him at gear level 11 you will see why. I still remember getting my beak blown off for 20k with gun down. He is far from weak IMO.
    IG-86 - easily the strongest droid attacker. Works great by himself under the right protection but provides heavy burst on a droid team with HK lead w/jawa engineer or Poggle. Can do 11k+ on basic and pushing 20k on his special. Only weakness is speed and at lower gear levels than 10 is kinda soft too.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Where does 88 fit in?

88's damage is situational. If a few enemies have a debuff he can hit as hard or harder than 86 when he crits, and I've seen his AoE do over 9k of damage per enemy with debuffs and critical chance up. He's up there but not nearly as consistent.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    MrJx3 wrote: »
    Who are the top 3 dps characters currently? Rey and GS are 2, but who is the third? IG 88?

FOTP, he is higher than both Rey and GS
  • Options
    Rey-No need to elaborate
    FOTP- Even single shot max and omkega is rarely under 4-5k, his special even with offense down hits at 8k.
    86-heavy basic, powerful assist, consistent damage you can count on.

Consistent damage dealers with high top end you can count on.

GS basic is weak now. I've run him max since lvl cap 60. While omega swarm can still go for 12k I'd put the other 3 ahead of him.

Leia can be top 3, or very low. It is all how she shoots. She can do 3k or 20k. Not reliable enough to warrant it.

88 just does not punch that hard, good AOE, decent basic

Luke max he hits hard, but not top 3

Lando basic varries best AOE IG

Those above are decent options. Left some out but that is my top 3 with some honorable mentions. Those I mentioned I use/ed with full abilities at least 7 or omega and gear 10/11 so I'm not talking as one using lvl 5 abilities and gear 8.
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    Options
    Rey is the best DPS and non of the other characters comes close.
    Leia and GS are behind Rey. Leia has 50% chance to gain 10% TM per hit and GS gains 50% whenever crit, so both of them are faster then Rey. But Rey still does more damage.
    Ig86 and FOTP, despite taking the advantage of being at gear 11, is much slower than these three and the total DPS is lower.
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Vader special attacks hit really hard, I can't imagine how effective they are at 7 stars.
    SodenBowl.com
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Options
    For me, Rey, QGJ, Luke seem to hit the hardest, but each opponent is different, Darth Maul can destroy Jedi and Mace if he spots an opponent and can pull off his special attack deals a lot damage too.
    SodenBowl.com
  • Options
    Anakin, Barriss and Talia :D
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • IG_88_b
    60 posts Member
    Options
    I'd think FOTP is still up there somewhere if you account for double-tap though the nerf did take the DT prob down from near-on 100%
    Stats on SWGOH Cantina & SWGOH.GG questionable
    A spreadsheet I ran using Cantina stats about 2 months ago (and building in DT probability) had FOTP, Rey, RP, Nute, RT, HRS
    Subbing in more current SWGOH.GG stats in the same spreadsheet I get
    Leia , Rey ...
    Nute

Crazy huh?
    Using only base/physical dmg, not specials, (assuming FOTP's advantage nerf stays where it is else FOTP would be right back on top)

Of course depends on synergies, but an Ackbar lead Leia combo looking pretty nasty for pure DPS

And after the team / lead synergies start to be more fully exploited, we'll move onto the move synergies