Another credit crunch thread...

Prev13
papnwors
749 posts Member
TL;DR refer to title.

I'm patient for shards, i'm patient for grinding insane amounts of gear at low drop rates but I cannot be patient any further than that and especially for something as mundane as credits.
The credit shortage has changed this game completely for me.

This use to be a game of collecting toons, gearing them up and trying them out, having fun with Star Wars characters.
It's now a game of waiting 2 days to throw your credits at a toon or two.
I cannot remember the last time I was actually excited to unlock someone, I just leave them flashing to activate at the bottom because I know it will take me weeks and weeks to make useable and I'd have to give up practically everything else or they would end up like 70% of my unlocked toons, 330 shards or more, probably every piece of gear until VIII and collecting dust.

Sure I understand they don't want everyone to get every toon in a month, but a new toon now and then would be fun, after all, what is the game about?

I don't mind a grind, but It's a lot more satisfying to craft a piece of gear you've put effort into than to wait for the GW reset everyday and do 12 matches that can take some folks an hour or more to do in order to level up one toon from 79-80 and maybe craft a piece of gear if you've been grinding for a week or two for that single item.

There is no fun in "grinding" credits.
In fact it's practically impossible to grind credits.
It's just a waiting game.
What do you do? Refresh a ton?
You may as well just buy a credit pack because you get such an insignificant amount for your energy.
GW is the only source of decent credits and arguably the most boring and time consuming content in the game and you only get one chance every 24hrs.

The bronze cards are ridiculous, I've been getting exactly the same rewards since I started playing. It is so outdated its inexcusable. We should be getting 5/10/15k from those. We should be getting semi-usable gear. Why do I need my 951st green/blue piece at level 80? I can't afford to level any new toons anyway.

I cannot think of another game I've played where I don't get more gold for completing quests/missions etc at higher levels or against higher levels. It's basic gaming logic, increase cost, increase income but at a slower ratio.

Surely these guys can get some financial brain box in to sort out the economy? Surely there is a balance that would allow progression at a satisfying pace and still give an incentive for people who buy credits that allows them to progress faster in a meaningful way without allowing access to all content within a month.

If you didn't play before the Feb patch I think it was It might not hurt as much, but for those who were able to sell gear, do key card battles and had to level 60-70 would know there is a credit crunch and that it was artificially created to stop progression, it was just way too heavy handed.

To get 5 toons from 79-80 can take 2.5 days or longer without spending a single credit on anything else, no omegas, no gear, no levels, no stars.
Now if you hadn't played this game and I told you that, would you want to play?

Don't get me wrong I don't want every toon now, but seeing new toons as a waste of credits and an impossibility simply cannot be healthy for the game.

Surely we should be able to enjoy a little more of the hard work the design and development teams have put into all these awesome characters?

Replies

• Options
    I don't say this to sound offensive, but I don't get the credit crunch. I'm 100% ftp and my arena team is all level 79 (current level), I have well over 10 additional characters between levels 70 and 80, and I'm sitting on a pile of 3 million credits.

Are you completing GW every day? Are you being conservative with your credits? I feel like 70-80 is a great time to save credits with how long it takes to level up. It takes a little over a million credits to level up your arena team and then a week and a half to get your next level up. You should be able to save a great deal during that time
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    Someone calculated that if you finish all the daily activities including 12 GW battles you basically get 600,000 a day, which means it takes you more or less 10 days to bring a character from lv1 to lv80, and it doesn't sound that bad.

And the saying is ''if a problem can be solved by money, then it isn't really a problem''. You can always buy the credit bundle if you are desperate enough.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    IF you complete your GW each day, you will get around 448,840 credits
    Cantina = around 100K if you refresh once.
    Regular = 38K credits if you refresh 2 times. Also extra if you log in for bonus energy.
    Challenge from Bounty Hunter = Around 120K per day. Since you can do bounty hunter on Sun, Tues, Friday . 837K per week.

You will get atleast 710K per day. A level 1 to lv80 and combined with promotion need around 6.5M credits. Literally you can do this in 9 - 10days.

• DARTH_TED
    205 posts Member
    Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    I don't say this to sound offensive, but I don't get the credit crunch. I'm 100% ftp and my arena team is all level 79 (current level), I have well over 10 additional characters between levels 70 and 80, and I'm sitting on a pile of 3 million credits.

Just speaking personally 3 million wouldn't make a dent. I figure I need 100 million level everything that I want to level up. If they would've just left the key card battles alone we could get 1 million a day there easily especially considering we're maxed out don't give a crap about xp. I too don't mind grinding for characters. But we should be able to actually make them usable when we get them otherwise what's the point?
  • Options
    DARTH_TED wrote: »

Just speaking personally 3 million wouldn't make a dent. I figure I need 100 million level everything that I want to level up. If they would've just left the key card battles alone we could get 1 million a day there easily especially considering we're maxed out don't give a crap about xp. I too don't mind grinding for characters. But we should be able to actually make them usable when we get them otherwise what's the point?

I understand that. I have a dozen bronzium pulls and free chracters just sitting at level 1, but you gotta work with the situation. You can't level everyone as much as that sucks. Save all your credits for your arena and GW toons, everyone else gotta take a backseat
  • Options
    Song wrote: »
    Regular = 38K credits if you refresh 2 times. Also extra if you log in for bonus energy.
    Challenge from Bounty Hunter = Around 120K per day. Since you can do bounty hunter on Sun, Tues, Friday . 837K per week.

You will get atleast 710K per day. A level 1 to lv80 and combined with promotion need around 6.5M credits. Literally you can do this in 9 - 10days.

I feel like this is written to be acceptable. 10days x what? 10 characters? That's over three months for 10 toons when you need plenty more than that to score well in raids? Let's say 15? That's a solid five months.

Those numbers, in any game, are unacceptable. There is a serious credit shortage. When the level caps were increased, credits were not. It is their mistake and it needs to be fixed. They should WANT you to level and max out characters. That mans you are still farming shards! You are still trying to get gear. You are still playing. You are trying new characters... None of that happens when you have zero credits.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The amount of credits they gave us was fine at level 60, now it's totally ludicrous how much I have to save to level and promote one single character. I have 9 or 10 that can be 7 stars but I'm unable to afford it... I'm also still leveling so almost all my credits go toward my arena team that I'm unable to improve with better characters or I'll fall too far behind. :s

Triple or quadruple the GW credit rewards and everything will be balanced.

I shouldn't have to pay for packs for specific toons I want to play with, then I'm unable to use them for weeks on end. And I'm definitely not buying credit packs from the store, those are a total rip off.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Miralectred
    You not suppose to farm everyone to Lv80. Otherwise go buy credits packs. After all this game is not free..
  • Options
    There is no credit crunch, only a patience crunch.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Damm Ventress!

Back at it again with the White Patience.
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    In freemium games f2p players should be happy if they can remain competitive (trust me in a lot of other games you can't). ''Able to achieve whatever the hell I want'' should remain a p2p player privilege.

And I am speaking as a f2p player.
  • Options
    MrGrips wrote: »

Damm Ventress!

Obviously you are from the Dark Side, since Jedi are always harping on 'patience'.
  • DARTH_TED
    205 posts Member
    Options
    And I am not happy about it but I spent over a grand on this game and still can't level my guys like I want to.

In contrast I play a game called DragonSoul that I've spent less than 50 bucks total and have more maxed out characters in the exact same amount of time. Including maxed out gear. That you don't have to jump through any ridiculous hoops to get.

Long term it is in their best interest for us to not be bored. Just leveling up my best five guys is boring!!
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options

Dam Ventress!

Damm Ventress!

Obviously you are from the Dark Side, since Jedi are always harping on 'patience'.

Given your name you must agree the Dark side is much funner.
  • DARTH_TED
    205 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I suppose if I don't have a solution I shouldn't be complaining. So here goes:

Eliminate credits from training characters. Training droids should be enough. We still have to get those anyway.

Then you still have to use credits to promote characters.

Other ideas:

Put key card battles the way we were

Feel free to bring back the part where we used to be able to sell gear that we have 900 of and will never use. PLEASE.
  • Options

Dam Ventress!

Damm Ventress!

Given your name you must agree the Dark side is much funner.
    More interesting for sure. I just like the character, but she is my most powerful and favored toon.
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thru normal free to play daily activities I can farm about 4 toons per month to max. If it takes 10 days to gather the credits to promote/level them, then that is 3 toons worth of loot per month. That means that every month that goes by I have a new toon with enough shards to go to 7* sitting there unused. By that math I should have 20 toons with max shards, and 5 of those 20 toons that I can't afford to use since I've been playing for 5 months. And that is exactly right.

Even at the level cap you cannot make credits as fast as shards come in. The hole gets deeper every month. And high level toons are needed to survive in arena, GW, and raids. It isn't possible to keep one small team maxed, and let everyone else fall behind. You need a pretty decent sized roster, and if you don't have it, then the hole gets even deeper with not getting gear. I have been doing t5/6 raids constantly from the day guilds were added. I haven't farmed enough of anything for a single piece of any gear. I might be able to do better if I had 35 million to get my unused max toons up and running, and another 25 million to finish my usable toons who are at various stages of levels 60-80.

The only solution I can see is to stop farming. And that's what I'm doing. I'm sitting on tens of thousands of GW tokens, and arena and cantina currency will start piling up soon too. It will take months to farm the credits needed to max the toons I already have max shards for. I don't see a point in trying to get more shards. No amount of patience will make up for the fact that shards come in faster than credits. If the game makers think that will make me want to spend $300-400 dollars worth of real money for fake money so that the little cartoon pictures will have bigger numbers next to them, and then still need another several hundred in a few months then they must have lost their minds.

Before the level cap increase this was a fun game, for free players, where whales got all the new toys first, but we could catch up to them eventually. I even snagged #1 in arena about 4 times. But that has been fixed for good. Now as I look at the toons I have, and what the whales have I know it will be a year or 2 to catch back up if they all quit today. I'll keep stocking away GW/arena/cantina rewards I can't use, and go back to grinding credits.

It would take so little to avoid the frustration. Boosting GW rewards from 400k to 500 or 600 a day once you reach level 70. Giving level 80 players another level to the credit challenge that gives 120k instead of 93k. People would still be pouring money into new toons the day they come out. Those people would still buy credits and droids for the shards they bought. People would still buy crystals for unobtainable gear. People would still buy starter packs of one kind or another. But the broke people who play for free would be able to actually use toons they grinded long periods of time for as they unlock them. They'd be less frustrated, more likely to keep playing, and more likely to splurge for $5-20 here and there. It's good for the health of the game.

The whales only have a game to play with a large pool of loyal players to beat up on. They only pay obnoxious sums to be the best because of the competition factor. Nobody would pay more than $5 bucks for this unbalanced, bug filled game if it weren't for the other human players. I just hope the don't keep ratcheting up the price, and level cap without adding credit sources. If free players are constantly frustrated, and don't see any opportunity to be even remotely competitive, then there may not be enough of them to sustain the game.
  • Options
    I agree with the OP!
    Need more credits.
    Credits must not keep us underleveled!
    We farm the shards!
    We farm the gear!
    We dont farm the credits!
  • krisamagus1
    53 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have stopped farming character shards for more than a month now because there's really no point doing that. There is just not enough credits to level up and use them.
  • Options
    Stop giving EA money until they change it. You have the power.
    They answer to you. About time you realize that.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Haven't read all the reactions but OP is right imo.
    I'm sitting on a fully sharded Cad Bane, Datcha, Tusken Raider and soon HRS.
    No creds to upgrade and no I'm not spending 5x $10,- to level up just 1 toon.. That's an insane value.

Also it takes more than 10 days to gear, level and upgrade skills. I doubt it's 10 days if you take all these factors into acc.
    Even an omega upgrade cost 80k or something ridiculous.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    I bought a small crystal pack early on when the game was enjoyable. But now that it's a mess of overly complicated gear that will take years to acquire, mostly busted characters, and a boring grind to get starvation levels of credits each day they have ensured they won't get a cent from me. Not that they care. Everything in this game is so insultingly overpriced that the few dollars here and there I might have been willing to spend would have absolutely no effect on progress whatsoever. Very good incentive to keep my money in my pocket.

• Super123
    233 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I am in credit crunch after upgrading and leveling 4 characters at the same time, not including 4 fresh 4* that I haven't worked on...
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    Options
    I fully agree on the need for more credits.

as a consequence, I stopped farming any additionnal toon and convert all additionnal shards to Grievous shards. I didn't think I'd be farming this one.

I choose the Red Pill.
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    Options

+1 on this.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    The struggle is real. 10+ characters that need promoting, for a total of 5+million credits. In another two weeks, I'll have another batch ready to promote.

• Options
    @Miralectred
    You not suppose to farm everyone to Lv80. Otherwise go buy credits packs. After all this game is not free..

I listed 15 characters, that is not all. 15 characters to 80 is 6 months of work. Not play, work. And I would never buy in a f2p game unless it is in my favor, and the only thing they offer which is that way is the 100 gems a day. Guess what? I bought it. No one should ever waste their crystals on that terrible amount of credits.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

3 million?

Hahahahahahahaha. 3 million. That's a good one. Most people can go through 3 million in about one minute. Most people can go through 30 million in about five minutes. 3 million. That's rich.

I agree with this. I can definitely use more credits and they do come frustratingly slow. I've had to change the way I farm just so that I'm not pulling my hair out. Gone are the days of farming teams at a time. Gone are the days of opening toons willy nilly.

The math is solid, but only if people are in fact finishing GW daily; refreshing cantina once and playing 5, 6, or 7; and refreshing LS/DS every day. Otherwise the math doesn't work and it will take longer.

And no, I don't feel we should have everyone up to lvl 80 right now. I do want to remain competitive and that means being able to stay in the top 10, at least, in arena, completing GW, which is becoming increasingly harder for everyone once they get to a certain level in arena power, and improve in raids. If you don't think we need multiple level 80 with 8, 9, or 10 gear toons for t7 raids, then I don't know what to tell you.
  • Forar
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed with the credit crunch points brought up, including the math estimating what we're picking up.

Now, there's also the little boost from Raids, BUT hopefully we can all recognize that not everyone is in a guild farming T6/7 Rancors every other day. Mine clears 5's in a few hours and takes a few days on 6's, it's a nice pile of cash ending up in the top 10 or 20, but not nearly enough to make up for the ongoing drought overall.

While the need to focus on ones PVP squad is indeed important, let's not overlook the events they also spring on us that need other characters at higher levels to participate in, let alone finish completely. No, we don't necessarily need full teams at 80 and 7*, but it's mutually exclusive to both focus on a strong PVP core with a handful of extras for GW, and to have a massive bench that provides enough heavy hitters in a variety of types to complete Jedi and Droid and Rebel and Etc events.

Honestly, with the RNG for shards and gear, the game seems to contain enough grind and artificial roadblocks that adding the credit crunch just seems cruel. So what if we had twice as many level 80's if they're all Gear Level 5 or 6 waiting on the fractally spreading numbers of certain things we need to get them higher. At least those characters would be able to be tried out, experimented with in a semi-useful capacity, rather than most people following the meta blindly because taking a chance with a less popular character could set them weeks or months behind.

Plus, it's not a purely black and white issue. We're all short on credits, but I don't see anyone sensible asking to have 100 million dropped in every account. A simple solution or two (increase the challenge value to 120k+, increase those stupid Bronzium rolls to 10-20k, add 50-100% to the credits in GW rewards, etc) would substantially improve our ability to earn money but wouldn't remotely lead to people 'having a full account of 80's overnight'. We're already talking a grind that can be measured in quarters, if not years, and as they add more levels to the cap, more characters to the pool, more gear levels to grind towards, it's only going to get worse/longer with no end in sight. And I'm not blind to that being the Freemium business model in a nutshell.

But there are shades of grey on this spectrum, and it'd be nice to at least be able to level up a bunch of characters to toy with, rather than feeling that every credit has to be horded for getting another character to 7 stars or 2-4 a level closer to 80 out of the A/B/C teams.
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Forar wrote: »
    Agreed with the credit crunch points brought up, including the math estimating what we're picking up.

Now, there's also the little boost from Raids, BUT hopefully we can all recognize that not everyone is in a guild farming T6/7 Rancors every other day. Mine clears 5's in a few hours and takes a few days on 6's, it's a nice pile of cash ending up in the top 10 or 20, but not nearly enough to make up for the ongoing drought overall.

While the need to focus on ones PVP squad is indeed important, let's not overlook the events they also spring on us that need other characters at higher levels to participate in, let alone finish completely. No, we don't necessarily need full teams at 80 and 7*, but it's mutually exclusive to both focus on a strong PVP core with a handful of extras for GW, and to have a massive bench that provides enough heavy hitters in a variety of types to complete Jedi and Droid and Rebel and Etc events.

Honestly, with the RNG for shards and gear, the game seems to contain enough grind and artificial roadblocks that adding the credit crunch just seems cruel. So what if we had twice as many level 80's if they're all Gear Level 5 or 6 waiting on the fractally spreading numbers of certain things we need to get them higher. At least those characters would be able to be tried out, experimented with in a semi-useful capacity, rather than most people following the meta blindly because taking a chance with a less popular character could set them weeks or months behind.

Plus, it's not a purely black and white issue. We're all short on credits, but I don't see anyone sensible asking to have 100 million dropped in every account. A simple solution or two (increase the challenge value to 120k+, increase those stupid Bronzium rolls to 10-20k, add 50-100% to the credits in GW rewards, etc) would substantially improve our ability to earn money but wouldn't remotely lead to people 'having a full account of 80's overnight'. We're already talking a grind that can be measured in quarters, if not years, and as they add more levels to the cap, more characters to the pool, more gear levels to grind towards, it's only going to get worse/longer with no end in sight. And I'm not blind to that being the Freemium business model in a nutshell.

But there are shades of grey on this spectrum, and it'd be nice to at least be able to level up a bunch of characters to toy with, rather than feeling that every credit has to be horded for getting another character to 7 stars or 2-4 a level closer to 80 out of the A/B/C teams.
    +1

It's nice to see opinions in between, "give me everything for free now" and, "if you don't spend thousands on this game nobody cares if you enjoy it." I want a game in the middle of that. And right now this game is way into the greedy side of the grey area. To grind for weeks and months to get a toon to max shards, then to have to wait until next year to actually use him is absurd. Just open the credit tap slightly, so we can use the toons we've farmed to raid for the huge amounts of gear that will take months if not years to acquire.