Do you think Rey will be nerfed?

Meeraval_Marnath1
373 posts Member
edited June 2016
Regardless of whether or not you think she should or should not be nerfed, do you think she WILL or WILL NOT be nerfed?

(I'm finally...FINALLY.. within spitting distance of my first Furnace. All things being equal, it will go to Rey. But I'll be super **** if I give this thing to her and she gets a nerf).

Do you think Rey will be nerfed? 97 votes

Yes, Rey will be nerfed. It's just a matter of time.
27%
The_Oklahoma_KidDrakeIXvincentlondonWildcats1203DarthHerniaOkerlundNyteshade81IsThisThomAnthony10UriakatosclawsofhonorJaquizz1616HunterXJD49erPowdaCaptainrrlGlexaniceMarkatonaSavageOpressWhiskeyPug 27 votes
No, Rey will not be nerfed.
72%
scubaJJHJ7000cosmicturtle333RaverRicVarlieBerdilioStarSonMBL_66benacrowThePedroKidDark_JediElyndriaElSoldado_23Biel_StarboyWill_CocishugeDookiedog68Calus_78SilleckWJ28 70 votes

Replies

• scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Why nerf her? She seems to miss the important hits when going against the old man lead.
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Options
    Idk. I think she should but if I had to pick one character to slap a nerf on it would be royal guard.
  • Options
    If she was going to be nerfed, I think it would have been done when protection was added. She doesn't need nerfed. I can kill a Gear 9 Rey before she gets a turn. I can kill a Gear 10 Rey before she goes twice. Doesn't matter if you have taunts, she's going down.

She does not need a nerf, and I think most of the community realizes this.
  • Options
    I do happen to think she hits way too hard, but there are counters to her. She can be beaten in a few ways, but you need the right rock/paper/scissors combination based on the rest of her squad. She is unquestionably the biggest threat and if you're fighting a squad with her, you must figure out how to contain her or you will lose.
    What we need is a hero who deals counter-attack damage based on how hard they were just hit. That would teach her! But that's silly.
  • Options
    She does 20% more damage then the top dpsers and has more survivabilty with foresight and life steal. So yes I think so
  • Options
    They will either nerf her or eventually change meta again and she will be less relevant, I think it will happen to every good character that everyone has/wants. It's a matter of game longevity, entertainment and getting people to keep spending money as the game progress.
    Either they will nerf her or they will change the meta and replace her as favorite character by another new and shiny character.
    IsThisThom
    "Consider that a divorce"
    - Douglas Quaid
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    I think they will buff a bunch of underused toons instead of nerfing Rey and others.
  • Options
    YVeGn3Y.jpg
  • Options
    Not this again. Every week. Every week......
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    No she will not be nerfed. How many pages on count dooku there was like twenty something? With all that complaining dooku is still in arena and all that complaining didn't change him like they wanted. Rey will be the same way. She will not be nerfed. She has enough flaws and her specials miss quite often even in G10 gear. She is stunned soooo easily it's not even funny. I still don't understand why people have trouble beating her. What people aren't taking into consideration is this..think about this game w/o Rey in it. Now imagine going up against some 25k health and 21k protection tanks in arena. Do you all wanna spend the full 5 minutes in arena, possibly going to a draw or an extra 2 hours doing Galatic wars a day? I sure don't. Yes she does higher damage than other toons, but you have to build up with turns, buffs to finally get the crit off and hope they don't dodge. It's not like she has call assist every other turn for crying out loud.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    Not this again. Every week. Every week......

Every week. Try every day.
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Options
    I think she will be nerfed. However I don't think she should be nerfed since there's absolutely nothing wrong with her as she is. But basing it on past examples she will most likely get nerfed because of all the ludicrous posts about her from people complaining that either a.) have no idea what they are talking about or b.) don't have her and are just upset she's beating them when in all reality she's really easy to beat. These same people are constantly making complaint threads which they have done with every other strong toon thats been nerfed. EA sees these complaint threads and then bam, Rey gets her staff swapped for a plastic spoon.
  • Options
    I don't think she really needs a nerf, but she'll get one. It is good for EA's business to keep the meta shifting. If somebody has the meta team, they won't spend money. But if somebody is in need of a few characters to be competitive they'll spend some money on crystals to hurry up the farming. So regardless of whether or not Rey is truly imbalanced EA will eventually nerf her or add a better DPS just to entice people to spend.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    My goodness she does not need a nerf. If you're complaining about her it's because she's g10 going against your g8/9 toon and that's because everyone gets Rey to g10 first, hence the popularity and apparent power difference. She has many weaknesses and can be dealt with using decent strategy. Again I say that I have often left her for last while I burn the tanks and assisters and such.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Of course she will, it's not in EA's best financial interests to let everyone sit on the best toon and have no need to spend chasing others.
    Just as the spice must flow, the meta must change.
  • Options
    Igor08 wrote: »
    Of course she will, it's not in EA's best financial interests to let everyone sit on the best toon and have no need to spend chasing others.

Finally, somebody else that gets it!
  • Options
    Rey doesn't even worry me unless RG and Daka are on the same team
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    Rey doesn't even worry me unless RG and Daka are on the same team

What about RG and st Han? The new meta run by 50% of players
  • Uriakatos
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Igor08 wrote: »

Yep