Arena is obnoxious at the top: What to be done about lockouts and sniping

2Next

Replies

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Not only obnoxious but boring af
    uSpjSJF.png
    Same cookie cutter teams, they are abit too much for me atm but I will get to them soon
    Only thing to do is defend position
  • Options
    @President_Scroob

I have been trying to promote a way of sorting it for a long time both to reward and end sniping and lockouts. Have a look at both combined it should really change arena up especially since its not PvP it's PVAI (player built ).

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/21918/2-small-life-changes-an-end-to-snipers-and-player-locking-updated/p1

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/36981/4-small-life-changes-arena-defense-stats-and-rewarding-foundation-to-a-better-arena/p1
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Cardiac Arena. Only reason I "play the game" every day at 6:00 is because arena is 80% of my crystal intake.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    I spoke too soon, This past hour has been constant going up and down 5-9-14-11-10, seems the east coast wants those crystals badly. Now to push up.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Fookin sniped third place boys! RG-StHan era is over.
    but this was tiring....
  • MrWag
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Tycho wrote: »
    I vote for handing out rewards based on the best rank achieved for the day. No locking out.

Sure that means 20 people might get 500 crystals. Who cares, right EA? That's chump change anyways. Just do it. Arena would be way more enjoyable.

+1
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    I vote for handing out rewards based on the best rank achieved for the day. No locking out.

That would require a huge reduction in the rewards to balancethings out and not flood the market with currency.

• M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry. It what is "sniping" that is discussed? Thanks
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    M31Andro wrote: »
    Sorry. It what is "sniping" that is discussed? Thanks

basically winning someone's spot just before payout.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    Have a lot of you played other games with PvP?

Every game that has daily PvP rankings work exactly the same way. I've played some where the top 10 keeps everyone locked out for the last hour. Also there is only 1 payout time. Which means every single person playing the game gets rewards at the exact same time, which is usually at server reset. Only 1 person in the world gets 1st place rewards.

Also a lot of games is pure RNG luck as it is all auto battle. You just attack the person then sit and watch the pixels attack who they want, with what skill they want. You do nothing at all except watch. And you lose A LOT to teams that not even as close as good as yours, because of RNG.

I honestly think most of you don't understand how generous the payout system is in this game. If PvP in this game was like most others I played 99% of you would not have any hope at all at top 50 let alone top 10, and yes that includes me. People spends hundreds of dollars a day just to be at the top of these games.

I don't see them ever changing the system they have in place. It's already the most generous system at there. Don't believe me? Pm me and I can give you a whole list of games to try and you can see for your self
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Breetai wrote: »

Every game that has daily PvP rankings work exactly the same way. I've played some where the top 10 keeps everyone locked out for the last hour. Also there is only 1 payout time. Which means every single person playing the game gets rewards at the exact same time, which is usually at server reset. Only 1 person in the world gets 1st place rewards.

Also a lot of games is pure RNG luck as it is all auto battle. You just attack the person then sit and watch the pixels attack who they want, with what skill they want. You do nothing at all except watch. And you lose A LOT to teams that not even as close as good as yours, because of RNG.

I honestly think most of you don't understand how generous the payout system is in this game. If PvP in this game was like most others I played 99% of you would not have any hope at all at top 50 let alone top 10, and yes that includes me. People spends hundreds of dollars a day just to be at the top of these games.

I don't see them ever changing the system they have in place. It's already the most generous system at there. Don't believe me? Pm me and I can give you a whole list of games to try and you can see for your self

Omg those other games sound absolutely terrible lol.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »

Omg those other games sound absolutely terrible lol.

Well to be fair with what I said, these other games do have other things besides PvP so unless your well geared and have money to spend, PvP isn't as important as it is here.

Castle rush. Daily guild run-on a castle that takes all guild members scores and adds them together. Higher the score higher the chest. Highest chest drops 1 of 6 things. Course you almost always get one if tne bottom 3. This is pure PvE.

Guild battles. Every 3 days guilds are randomly put against each other for 24 hrs. Rewards are given out after 30 days. Pure PvP that is all auto battle.

Towers. I played 6 games with towers, all different names, but all the same. Has 100 floors. You start at floor 1. Get rewards for every floor you clear with every 5 floors having good rewards, every 10 being great. It gets harder as you go but rewards get better. Once you hit around floor 80 it becomes luck. Once it hits 95 you basically need a team of all Rey to have a chance. Floor 100 drops the random legendary toon which is what everyone is after. After 30 days tower resets and your back on floor 1.

Legendary bosses. This takes the whole community to beat. And has extremely great rewards for the top 10%

And of course events. Not getting into this much as it takes a ton of explaining, but usually an event is week long, then a 3 day break before next event which is a week long, and so on. It's a Scedule of different events that basically keep looping, just different bosses, different rewards.

These are examples. This is also what this game is missing and why PvP is so important. I think they are trying to get some events going but why PvP is still so important is these events you battle against st yourself, while thee others you against everyone that played for rewards, and these events people spend thousand on. Trust me I decided to go all out on one event just to see what it takes as I had an all legendary team. Spent $1400 on one event, got maybe 3 hours sleep every night as I was on my tablet playing this one game for 7 days, and finished 83rd. Said never again.
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Arena payout time is pretty stressful. I get rank 1 daily, but its really tricky, timing literally comes down a few seconds of whoever clicks battle first before payout and lock the rank 1.

Is this fun? not really, but its necessary to hold rank 1 during payout. The other day I got locked out of rank 1 but took it back just before pay out and beat the team in 60 seconds.

i doubt the devs will allow payout for highest rank held that day. Thats a lot of money left on the table. Its just more profitable EA to have players spend crystals on refreshes during payout to hold rank 1.
  • DevTore
    174 posts Member
    Options
    I've said it before, the problem with arena is the "swap positions" scoring system. No other sport scores results like that.

They should use something like the world rugby rankings point scoring system. That way sniping would be a thing of the past and you lose points for a loss, and gain points for a defensive win. Defensive teams should be treated as away visitors and have a slight bonus point score if they defensively win (due to AI handicap).
    "No Hassle" guild, for those who want star wars, not drama wars!
  • Options
    Lol, stop crying and team up with someone from your shard, then divide and conquer. If you don´t want to be online in the last 30 minutes of your payout, you don´t deserve the #1 spot. I sniped, got sniped, lock-out others, got locked-out and it´s ok, that´s part of the trade. It´s not really about team comp anymore, unless they overgear you a lot. Every team in the top 10 can be easily destroyed.
  • Options
    I'm all for getting rid of the crystal refresh altogether. You get your five battles and that's it. As it is, the top players in arena really has nothing to do with who has the best team as much as who can hit the refresh button the most times. There's no skill involved in "being the best".
  • AaylaTralala
    98 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    +1 x 1000
    Absolutely is a nightmare, so many times I felt like leaving the game just because of that awful ranking system. The worst thing is getting locked into your spot by the player ranked 1st, not only is he locking his spot but preventing you from trying to move up, drives me nuts... Somedays I don't even bother to try to fight in last 15 minutes to take a break from the irritation.
    I'm positively certain EA could find a much better system for this, as it is now it's absolutely and by far the worst part of the game which otherwise I truly enjoy.
  • Options

Sure that means 20 people might get 500 crystals. Who cares, right EA? That's chump change anyways. Just do it. Arena would be way more enjoyable.

+1 This is how it's suppose to be.

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

The first game CG ever made had all the players, f2p and p2p alike, on the same server fighting for #1 place at the same hour. This pvp system is such an amazing step forward in this game it's almost unreal. Of course people still complain, but they have no idea how good they 'have it'.
  • Options
    It helps to be in an unpopular time zone. There is lieterally no one in my top 10 in my time zone. I get rank 1 at 5pm and just sit there
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »

The first game CG ever made had all the players, f2p and p2p alike, on the same server fighting for #1 place at the same hour. This pvp system is such an amazing step forward in this game it's almost unreal. Of course people still complain, but they have no idea how good they 'have it'.

If this is how "good" feels, then please the Force be with me and never let me feel what bad is... ughhhhh, I totally despise Arena lock and snipe time...
    I'm guessing some people don't suffer the same on easier servers and less crowded timezones but I can tell you that it can really sock bad...
  • johndoe82
    148 posts Member
    Options

I think best rank all day is a bit much. Let's make it best rank within one hour of your payout. This way people couldn't lock you out too much anymore (there actually would not be any reason to do so besides them being *****s) and on the other hand you wouldn't get to double tap by ranking up right before refresh.
  • DomLon
    64 posts Member
    Options
    Possible mechanics:.
    If you win a fight, you don't Switch places with the defeated, but you get points.
    You can attack players that are in a range of 100 players above and below you.
    The higher the opponent is ranked, the more points you get.
    At payout time, all your points are summed up and you get rewards depending on your rank
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

If this is how "good" feels, then please the Force be with me and never let me feel what bad is... ughhhhh, I totally despise Arena lock and snipe time...
    I'm guessing some people don't suffer the same on easier servers and less crowded timezones but I can tell you that it can really sock bad...

I understand. That's why i am supporting the 'no matter at what time you get to be no1 it should count' system. There would be no more sniping and it would be a lot easier for us. But was just saying...can be much much worse.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    DomLon wrote: »
    Possible mechanics:.
    If you win a fight, you don't Switch places with the defeated, but you get points.
    You can attack players that are in a range of 100 players above and below you.
    The higher the opponent is ranked, the more points you get.
    At payout time, all your points are summed up and you get rewards depending on your rank

Eww no way! Whales win.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    And no this isn't because I just got sniped...well I did, but I took my spot back before payout. Arena at the top near payout isn't fun. You basically have to sit there pounding on the battle button for 10 minutes hoping you can somehow get into a battle while someone out of battle for the 10 seconds it takes to refresh the time. Someone tell me how this is fun? It doesn't show who has the best team at payout, just who can get lucky enough to get through the lockout.

I enjoy sitting at rank 10-20 where I don't have to worry about any of this stuff....

But really, lets implement real pvp and scrap this pvai silliness......
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    this is only a problem for a small percentage of the playerbase. allthough i acknowledge the fact that it is questionable system, it still seems like alot of people are just looking for an easy hand out.
    I dont have time during my arena pay-out, so i would benefit quite alot from the highest rank a day payout system, but dont support it. What would be the point of having a good arena team? where would the competetiveness go ? participation trophy mentality.
    Save water, drink champagne!