Get rid of arena teams in GW please

Prev1
President_Scroob
1802 posts Member
edited June 2016
I swear my GW draws from only arena teams. I hardly ever see a healer anymore. Straight DPS teams, Droid teams with JE, and the majority of the rest are Dooku with rg. This isn't a challenge. its 12 arena battles.

Replies

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    On your first 3 nodes and your last node, why would you necessarily bring healers?
  • Options
    Droid teams in GW are the worst. Suicide squad time.
  • DevTore
    174 posts Member
    Options
    I'm 99% sure its is not drawn from arena teams as I often see complete mishmashes of teams that are clearly the dregs of what someone had left at their last GW fight. You are just up against people who field good teams for their last GW fight.
    "No Hassle" guild, for those who want star wars, not drama wars!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    On your first 3 nodes and your last node, why would you necessarily bring healers?

I see no healer teams from node 6-12 every single day. GW uses arena power as a measure for matchmaking and most likely draws from that mode for teams. My guildies also encounter each other all the time and encounter comps that were never used in GW but are their current or a previous arena team.
  • Options
    Suicide squad(s)!!!! Before running your A team.
    if you just happen to take a couple toons or an entire squad out with a suicide squad.. luck to you. B)
  • Options
    Hmm I see plenty Daka, Lumi teams in GW..even in last few nodes
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

I see no healer teams from node 6-12 every single day. GW uses arena power as a measure for matchmaking and most likely draws from that mode for teams. My guildies also encounter each other all the time and encounter comps that were never used in GW but are their current or a previous arena team.

Same
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    if you just happen to take a couple toons or an entire squad out with a suicide squad.. luck to you. B)

Suicide squads hurt you now because you give them TM if you don't win.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »

I haven't seen a healer after 6 in a long, long time.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    100% these are ALL arena teams. We should be facing mostly other people's GW teams, not 12 top tier arena teams.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    100% these are ALL arena teams. We should be facing mostly other people's GW teams, not 12 top tier arena teams.

I had a stretch of 3 teams, Dooku L, QGJ, RG, Rey, Gs...back to back to back last night. The exact same team, three times in a row
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

not much choice when you're facing a je 86 88 b2 hk team. have to draw out je's special or you're toast

+1 on the arena team comment .

I would support arena teams in GW if credits weren't at stake. It's nice to know how your team fares against other arena teams not on your server, but I dislike it being tied to credits or made mandatory for progression in the game.
  • Options
    Zekex wrote: »

not much choice when you're facing a je 86 88 b2 hk team. have to draw out je's special or you're toast

Oh I agree. It's still gonna hurt your next team though. The point is...that's another arena team
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Need random computer-generated teams. It really is the easiest and best solution.
  • Options
    Someone in my guild did a screenshot fighting my team. It was my exact Arena team about a week ago. I dont use that lead anywhere else.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    Need to be synergy teams. Node one nightsisters, node 2 Jedi, etc ... would probably be more fun , especially if leaders vary. Arena teams suck. Getting gear 10 Rey/QGJ/RG Dooku led teams isn't fun in gw, especially if that's last 5 nodes or so.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    Nerf GW protection. Problem solved EA/CG.
  • Options
    I swear my GW draws from only arena teams. I hardly ever see a healer anymore. Straight DPS teams, Droid teams with JE, and the majority of the rest are Dooku with rg. This isn't a challenge. its 12 arena battles.

Yeah, but the prizes for each battle is very nice.
    Credits, crystals, Gal War coins, etc.

Do you expect Galatic War to be easy but yielding good rewards ? Do you expect SIM to do a battle and get 2 crystals every day? Do you want a joke of a game? I like it the way it is. I don't do 12 arena battles that is Galatic War, I do 7 to 9 battles and get good rewards. It.Is.NOT.Meant.To.Be.Completed.EVERY.DAY!!!!!!

• Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't get to complete GW every single day but I do appreciate the level of difficulty.
    If there is no sense of competition then why not hand off free loot in a message.

Keep the level of difficulty the same please.

I just finished Yoda final event 5 mins ago. Omg it was a wet noodle fight. I felt almost ashamed claiming that welfare Yoda but I could use those Vader shards.

EA please stop nerfing every single thing. This is not a p2p/f2p thing. Folks need to take some time and effort leveling toons and understand how each spell/button works.
    Yes it's a game but like everything else in life...achieving things takes some amount of effort and skill.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Numerous people have confirmed it is arena teams. Someone in my guild posted a GW screen shot of another guild mate's team with his name on node 10.
  • Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    Numerous people have confirmed it is arena teams. Someone in my guild posted a GW screen shot of another guild mate's team with his name on node 10.
    Nothing wrong with arena teams in GW. We do play arenas every day, so just consider GW as an extention of arenas.
    If the teams you face in arena and GW are at par with your level then there should be no problem defeating the teams.
    In arena also you don't win every fight...same goes in GW.

Bottom line GW is fine. It's not always a face roll and it shouldn't be.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with arena teams in GW. We do play arenas every day, so just consider GW as an extention of arenas.
    If the teams you face in arena and GW are at par with your level then there should be no problem defeating the teams.

You got to be kidding me??!!

Nobody wants to face the same teams every single day in arena and then all day in gw on every node. It's not fine. Hence why it's being changed as confirmed by Jesse.

Your logic is flawed
  • Options
    Tak wrote: »

Nobody wants to face the same teams every single day in arena and then all day in gw on every node. It's not fine. Hence why it's being changed as confirmed by Jesse.

Your logic is flawed[/quote]

You really got to be nicer. This is just a game, and one's opinion is one's opinion.

I agree with Annastrasza. Your logic is flawed.

See?
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Yeah let's continue facing arena teams with over 35k power the last few nodes of the GW when our best teams have run out of protection. I don't know about you but I haven't gotten enough raid gear to get my whole arena team max geared yet, yet alone even more to start an insane GW battle with full protection.

It's not fine which is why they're fixing it next week.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options

Your logic is flawed

You really got to be nicer. This is just a game, and one's opinion is one's opinion.

I agree with Annastrasza. Your logic is flawed.

See?[/quote]

Your both wrong than
  • Options

Your both wrong than

"than" what?
    Your grammar is flawed.
  • Options

Yeah let's continue facing arena teams with over 35k power the last few nodes of the GW when our best teams have run out of protection. I don't know about you but I haven't gotten enough raid gear to get my whole arena team max geared yet, yet alone even more to start an insane GW battle with full protection.

Hi @LeoRavus
    Don't you start the early nodes with your lower ranked toons?
    I don't have any special raid geared/powered toons but have enough 6* G7 toons to blast though first 7-8 nodes.
    Then I bring in the A team for final nodes.

Last week on the last node omg it was crazy. I took out all 4/5 toons with my ATeam but then my team got wiped with just enemy 5s still standing. I had to use my every single toon including a 3* G3 Urrrooor!
    Finally we managed to take out 5s after 4 mins.
    It was nail biting but it was fun.
    Best fight.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hi @LeoRavus
    Don't you start the early nodes with your lower ranked toons?
    I don't have any special raid geared/powered toons but have enough 6* G7 toons to blast though first 7-8 nodes.
    Then I bring in the A team for final nodes.

Last week on the last node omg it was crazy. I took out all 4/5 toons with my ATeam but then my team got wiped with just enemy 5s still standing. I had to use my every single toon including a 3* G3 Urrrooor!
    Finally we managed to take out 5s after 4 mins.
    It was nail biting but it was fun.
    Best fight.

For me the last few nodes are all gear 9-11. My A team's protection is gone after the first battle where they're needed, and I have no other toons geared high enough to touch these teams. So, I have to complete the GW with my A team at no protection.

That's the broken aspect of this. Raid gear is just not plentiful enough to put it on B and C teams at the moment.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options

Your both wrong than

"than" what?
    Your grammar is flawed.

Who cares
  • Maarek_Stele
    115 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So many people voicing their opinion about GW that don't have to face top 20 arena squads with 34-38k for 4 or 5 nodes in a row.

It's not fun, it's not nailbiting, its annoying.

I don't know what scrub thinks it's not meant to be completed everyday, but the goal is eventually to complete it every day, and I have done so with two exceptions when I was working through the 60->70 leveling before 80 cap. I still complete it everyday even seeing those arena squads, but its not fun
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on