Galactic War is still broken

2Next

Replies

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Another effect of the precraft gate.
    Yes this game is messed up. No it can't be repaired because the dmg is already done.

GL catching up to people with full droidcallers O_o
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    Klocko, the GW's strong level the game sets using the highest power of your Arena team used ever in the game. Lowering it now will not help.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Tbh, people who don't find GW to be broken are either not deep enough into being lvl 80 or are massive whales, guild hoppers etc. There's no tactics in completing mine now, I'm fighting maxed gear 10 and above squads with full omega from node 6 and almost every team contains at least rg with 900 billion health, daka, Rey 1 shotting anything without protection and evasion mania.

The problem is without a doubt that the gear is unobtainable. You just literally can't get passed that many teams of geared up toons with that much protection.

I don't know if it's broke or should be that hard but I can't see it being completed without unobtainable gear
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    The problem is without a doubt that the gear is unobtainable. You just literally can't get passed that many teams of geared up toons with that much protection.

I don't know if it's broke or should be that hard but I can't see it being completed without unobtainable gear

You can have all the unobtainable gear in the world, you're still unlikely to beat 4-6 nodes of dodge/Rey/tanks. Unless you can afford to gear and maintain five A-teams.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    @Igor08 I guess so, seems every day I get to node 5-6 and its lvl80 gear 10 and sometimes more dooku L, Rey, rg, daka, QGJ and whatever tactics you use, they get you eventually over so many nodes
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    Options
    So gearing your main arena team with high gear rating will mess up you in long run if you plan to farm GW. Since im still leveling it seems before getting past 65+ to hold on upgrading main arena squad too much.
  • Options
    Fix GW rewards.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Nerf GW protection. Problem solved EA/CG.
  • AaylaTralala
    98 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    About 5 days ago I took a decision, I dared to bring in a few of my newly greared X toons into my Arena squad, after all, what's the point of farming shards and grinding gears if you can't use those beautiful purple and shiny toons into the squad that is the number one source for free crystals?
    I was hoping that somehow I could get away with it, make my Arena squad a bit stronger without having to suffer GW hell...
    Well, I was wrong, terribly wrong... I've just added about 30 minutes of retreating annoying chore to my daily GW, use to be able to complete in about 35-45 minutes, now it's well over an hour, not fun, not enjoyable...
    So again, we farm toons and grind all these gears for months, many of us spending quite a bit of money in the process and even more time and energy, SO THAT we can be competitive in Arena, BUT by using these same most valuable and cherished toons to put together a powerful and efficient squad we get PUNISHED daily in GW.
    Really EA, devs, I mean REALLY?!
    I want GW to be a challenge, I'd hate to be able to breeze through it on auto, but this current formula of adjusting GW according to highest recorded Arena power is just plain dumb, I'm absolutely certain that the brains working as devs for the game could come up with a much much better system.

EDIT: Amazing the word h_e_l_l_ is censored omg...
  • КЦПG_FЦГУ
    355 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    HeII is censored but buttsex isn't. Go figure.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    MrGrips wrote: »
    Idkbruh wrote: »
    My problem is that it's too hard and too time consuming

Whatever made you think it is supposed to be easy? You are complaining that it is too challenging. Sounds like you are not really interested in playing the game, only collecting.
    And, oooh you're such a BIG BOY with that number level 79. You must be the envy of the playground.

omg its DV again.

Hey I don't think its very cool that he gets the same rewards as me (lvl 62) despite that I can auto win GW most of the time with 1 squad and not lose anyone, and he gets nothing but meta arena teams. Don't you think that's kinda messed up?

EDIT: Also time consuming stuff like that doesn't seem very fun, which isnt very conductive to a game.

DV is rarely worth responding to. Most of his/her posts are in threads related to GW and credits. He/she comments on the game at the endgame level despite having zero experience. His/her comments are never constructive due to lacking the necessary experience to have an intelligent conversation. They often boil down to "git gud", "I pity your finances irl", or "quit whining". At one point he/she compared credit management in the game to the complex economics of the United States... It's best just to let his/her comments be as he/she will continue to troll with his/her typical nonsense.
  • Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It´s not broken -- Can we stop this flood of GW complaining threads? (Or atleast go into the Feedback subforum & post your useless rant there instead of 5 new threads on the same topic daily?)
    --
    Even at 38k+ arena power it can be done in (at most) half an hour -- Rewards scaling to level would be nice & removing the first 6 walkover fights in the beginning could speed it up, but its not hard nor broken.

// Here is the subforum you we´re looking for:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/galactic-war
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    @Igor08 I guess so, seems every day I get to node 5-6 and its lvl80 gear 10 and sometimes more dooku L, Rey, rg, daka, QGJ and whatever tactics you use, they get you eventually over so many nodes

Yep. Personally only my A team can handle teams like that.

Expecting us to do so many of those matches in a row with one team and no protection is like getting lucky enough to beat an arena match with all toons alive and in the green multiple times.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Lasserini wrote: »
    It´s not broken -- Can we stop this flood of GW complaining threads? (Or atleast go into the Feedback subforum & post your useless rant there instead of 5 new threads on the same topic daily?)
    --
    Even at 38k+ arena power it can be done in (at most) half an hour -- Rewards scaling to level would be nice & removing the first 6 walkover fights in the beginning could speed it up, but its not hard nor broken.

@Lasserini

Please post an uncut video of you completing GW with 6+ nodes of g9-11, Dodge, RG, Rey/Leia/QGJ/GS in 30 minutes or less. You and I both know it can't be done, but I'm always willing to be proven wrong.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    --

@Lasserini

Please post an uncut video of you completing GW with 6+ nodes of g9-11, Dodge, RG, Rey/Leia/QGJ/GS in 30 minutes or less. You and I both know it can't be done, but I'm always willing to be proven wrong.

I'm with @Telaan here post the video with the time stamps of this 30 minute 38k power GW run..

Till then...

of0r2u.gif
  • Options
    Internet these days, someone disagree´s with me & thus he must be lying :)

Exam till monday, then I´ll consider dropping to your level of arguing
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Internet these days, someone disagree´s with me & thus he must be lying :)

Exam till monday, then I´ll consider dropping to your level of arguing

Thought so. Good luck on your exam though.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    MrGrips wrote: »
    Idkbruh wrote: »
    My problem is that it's too hard and too time consuming

Whatever made you think it is supposed to be easy? You are complaining that it is too challenging. Sounds like you are not really interested in playing the game, only collecting.
    And, oooh you're such a BIG BOY with that number level 79. You must be the envy of the playground.

omg its DV again.

Hey I don't think its very cool that he gets the same rewards as me (lvl 62) despite that I can auto win GW most of the time with 1 squad and not lose anyone, and he gets nothing but meta arena teams. Don't you think that's kinda messed up?

EDIT: Also time consuming stuff like that doesn't seem very fun, which isnt very conductive to a game.

DV is rarely worth responding to. Most of his/her posts are in threads related to GW and credits. He/she comments on the game at the endgame level despite having zero experience. His/her comments are never constructive due to lacking the necessary experience to have an intelligent conversation. They often boil down to "git gud", "I pity your finances irl", or "quit whining". At one point he/she compared credit management in the game to the complex economics of the United States... It's best just to let his/her comments be as he/she will continue to troll with his/her typical nonsense.

+1
  • Options
    In for proof of 38k squad
    In for vid of 30 min GW

Aww Yiss!
  • Options
    Aww the excuses have started early.
  • Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Aww the excuses have started early.

Atleast my point of hopeless discussion manors got proven fast eh :)

Im sure my inability to film a 30min vid in 10mins is proof that I'm lying, but for now you'll have to settle with my arena team.

http://imgur.com/lke1s90

Edit - Seems I was lying, its 50power less. My apologies!
  • Options
    If I was in charge of GW development.....

Step 1: Scale difficulty by the power of your top 25 toons not your Arena team. This would provide a more effective measure of your squad depth.
    Step 2a: Define 84 preset squads. (7 days*12 nodes)
    Step 2b: Make sure every character is represented in at least 1 squad. Some people (such as myself) have never even seen a General Grevious, Tusken Shaman, Echo, Wedge etc. It would be nice to fight them.
    Step 2c: Make sure over the course of one week you fight every squad.
    Step 3: Make the last node (but just the last node) each day very challenging.
    Step 4: Double the rewards.

• Aminon
    34 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Idk how people fail GW im f2p i use a throw away team first 6 nodes to save protection of main team then use my Main team to burn the rest down. Jedi team... Takes 40min level 76

Other games require alot more grind to get a similiar payout.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Aminon wrote: »
    Idk how people fail GW im f2p i use a throw away team first 6 nodes to save protection of main team then use my Main team to burn the rest down. Jedi team... Takes 40min level 76

Once you hit level 80 you can advance more toons to higher gear levels (9, 10, 11) and then you'll see the nightmare for yourself.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Aminon wrote: »

To pull from my other post and man is this write up comming very handy of late lol.
    To give an idea to the ones not above the 37k marker and to show what happens if you push your power too high.

25fq69t.png

Starts about here

Now I have 53 7* roster and alot of lesser with almost all heroes unlocked (main team Rex, 5s, Echo , Sarge and B2) and alot at 8 or 9 with main team 10 and 11.

From this node you will only face meta onwards one after another. I can still finish 9 out 10 GWs with alot of restarting and a good hour and a half to 2 hours of restarting and testing.

Would be ok if the rewards were better than before since i use to auto GW almost within 15.

Tier 8 and 9 heroes will mostly scratch protection off maxed teams. So you gotta rely on your top 2 teams.

It normally goes first 1-6 nodes i build TM on each team for the last 6 for any kind of boost. Then carefully select each team to take out one or two heroes with alot of restarts. Then you send in your main team or second to clear it up again gotta refresh for best output.

It needs to be made shorter and easier or match the rewards to how hard the teams are you are facing. You will feel punished for bringing your arena team up too high.

Just to add so people get the idea this isn't a new problem as such but in the 70s you could bring multiple teams to max for GW. This time you can't because of raid gear brick wall so your c, d , e etc teams will just crumble.

• DarthGozu
    283 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    GW is rotten by the pathetic concept of an attrition serie of battles built over arena squads. Obviously the arena squads all gravitate around the same 10 / 80 characters that succeed in arena. It does not require a genius diploma to figure out this was the outcome of the design.
    Considering the amount of money thrown in this game, players are entitled to expect something less lazy from the devs. For instance a pool of possible encounters matching the scenery and music based on synergy groups within the existing 80+ toons would be a lot more enjoyable than this soup of dooku's and old ben's lead dodge squadrons served with a fat RG and a pair of complementary Rey or Leia depending on availability.