Toon regrets

Replies

• Options
    Leia because I spent 14k Crystals to finish her in the shop and now she is made F2P.
  • Options
    I guess all the pay toons will eventually become FTP, but at least Leia is still good. I paid to get Maul to 7 stars, he's now free, and he's still lame!
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    I guess all the pay toons will eventually become FTP, but at least Leia is still good. I paid to get Maul to 7 stars, he's now free, and he's still lame!

Truth about Leia. What do you mean about Maul (besides that he is still lame)?
  • Options
    I mean you don't need to,buy packs... Can get his shards with crystals now.
  • Options
    Magmatrooper
  • MaxRebo
    33 posts Member
    Options
    Taking Sid from 6* to 7*. He was solid in the mid game but useless now and my St Han would be 7* already if not for that dumb move.
  • Options
    Anakin 7* and g8 (which was a pain) from only hard nodes, one week after that he got nerfed.. But wait now he's getting a rework, so if he's good - no regrets
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    Options
    I have a 7* Chewie, I'm really struggling to find a use for him.
  • Options
    I farmed a 6* Veers, hoping he was good.
    Spoiler Alert: he is not.
  • TemperTantrumRen
    407 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Despite being Level 80, I still wanted to invest in Sid at one point and max him out for my tertiary squads (you know, the ones I never actually use nowadays unless GW really gives me a hard time). Because despite his nearly halved damage and poor potency, he doesn't hit too badly and could be used to vary my squads in challenges (I;m getting bored with using droids and Rey). I realise those arena tokens could have gone towards quickly bringing the two droids to 7* and letting me work on bringing Han and Ackbar beyond 5* much sooner. I might regret that more than unlocking CUP because at least THAT was for the Light Side character achievement which gave me the chance to finally unlock Vader AND I saw some light use for him in the Savage challenge, whereas I've hardly used Sideous.

And going out of the way to unlock JKG turned out to be pointless because by the time I could actually unlock and use Yoda, I had already worked on more worthwhile Jedi like Ahsoka (and Eeth is a better investment than she is - he's a C-team raid toon who can rack up fair damage! No kidding.).

Poor planning hasn't exactly screwed me over massively, but it's still annoying. That said, there's an outside chance I could find some use for JKG and Sid so I'm not losing sleep over them either. The only genuinely worthless toon seems to be Mob Enforcer, whom I thankfully haven't unlocked or even tried to.
    Post edited by TemperTantrumRen on
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    I got Nute Gunray to 6* gear 8 thinking I could make a crit based stealth team viable. His thermal detonator would be amazing in the raids if it ever actually landed..
  • MayCM
    124 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo to gear 9. He's got a lot of protection and health, but he is slow and his base dmg is a joke. And even under phasma lead you barely notice the double assist chance.
  • Options
    I have noticed that Nute never lands his detonator. Never seen it hit yet. Maul remains so slow, and still made of glass. Bane is also so so slow. Kloon hits like a baby - real waste of time. Anakin is seriously underpowered. Glad to get a warning on Veers... I was going to start on him soon. Thanks for the heads up.
    For me, there is too much reworking on toons... Just when you finally get one where you want it, they get changed. Or you find one you didn't work because they were poor, get a buff. I can't think of any other product where you buy something with no idea if it's going to be changed in the near future. So for me the problem is that regrets often come later on. At least some of these have been consistent, albeit consistently bad from the start!
  • Options
    Can Bane has been my most disappointing one.
  • Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    Options
    Went for Poe instead of QGJ, then Daka instead of QGJ, then fives instead of.....qgj.
  • Options
    JKG
    CUP
    Stormtrooper
    Nightsister initiate
    All 100% wastes.
  • Options
    Eeth Koth is my 7* regret but I'm not very happy I've put anything into Jawa Engineer right now. Why do they keep giving toons detonators!?!
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    Options
    Sid and Savage
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    I'm surprised by some of the answers on here.

Ahsoka is quite decent (I wouldn't prioritize her over QGJ but still).

Kylo, Savage, Fives are decent and have HP.

Jawa Engineer makes droids scary fast.

Chewie is an excellent TM reducer in raids.

--

Some toons can go into any comp (e.g. Rey, RG) but some have to fit into a synergized squad, or are best suited to certain gameplay modes.

Also, if you are in doubt about a toon you have in g8, check swgoh.gg to see what they're like once properly geared up.

--

When creating a poll, go to "new discussion," there is a down arrow to the right. Click that and select new poll. Then you'll have the voting buttons.
  • Options
    Teebo (Got him for raid, useless in heroic)

Get him to G10 and increase his potency to 80, then go solo P1 on heroic :) This guy is a champ!
    ---
    My main regret has to be the amount of time and ressources I put into unlocking Yoda -- Have JC, Eeth Koth, Anakin & Yoda all sitting pretty much unused now.
  • Vikingo
    46 posts Member
    Options
    I always attack teams wirh 5's... I can go 3k higher in the arena if they have him. I am bumping him up since hes good in raids. My regret is eeth koth ( to get yoda ),and ventress instead of ackbar.
  • Options
    Other: Magmatrooper
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    Please end this thread. The proper answer is Tusken Shaman. Complete waste.

Feel free to pile on @BobAFeet and @Maraxus

End the discussion. Complete regret.

Shaman was broken by protection update. Bugged.

@EA_Jesse and @CG_JohnSalera

Oh but we are fixing Anakin. Great. Have him too.
  • Options
    wrilley wrote: »

When creating a poll, go to "new discussion," there is a down arrow to the right. Click that and select new poll. Then you'll have the voting buttons.

Many thanks!
  • Options
    Savage and Poggle are up there for me. Savage (7*/78/g8) is just mediocre. He might become above average with an omega on his basic, but I still would never use him in Arena, Raids, or GW.

Poggle (7*/70/g8) has been superseded by JE. I was building toward a HK, 86, 88, Poggle, GS squad, but this is no longer an optimal configuration, making Poggle nearly useless. I only use him as part of my GW suicide squard or in raids as part of my B or C squads to help deal dps.
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    Options
    JKG
    CUP
    Stormtrooper
    Nightsister initiate
    All 100% wastes.

Really on Initiate? I don't have anyone else to work on in GW atm, and I agree she's not top tier, but her stats suggests she's strong.
  • Options
    Which toon do you regret most getting to 7 stars and max gear (or close, before you realised they would just never be worthwhile)?
    • Plo Kloon
    • Anakin
    • Kit Fisto
    • Darth Maul
    • Other

(Apologies - don't know how to put in voting buttons

Maul is probably the most under rated, get him to 10 and see how he does, I have seen him take out my jedi team with literally 1 of his whirling blades. He basically had half my time from FULL protection to half health.. he is NASTY geared problem is you can knock him over with a ceiling fan.

Maul WILL be gigantic when people forget and other people starting gearing him (like Me :smiley: ) It takes a while and he isn't farmable..

But the rest of that list.. I agree.

Add to that Jedi Counselor.. he basically is worthless.. TOTALLY, heals are worse than a band aid.
  • Options
    TMK wrote: »
    I might regret unlocking Savage and Asajj, plus leveling, starring and gearing Sid but then again he was valuable earlier in the game.

Savage yes, Asajj no.. I STILL use Asajj for pretty much ALL GW runs.. she is awesome just dispels (to pull off RG taunts) and AOE is worth it alone. Her damage is viscious on basic and stun is a plus.. she is a tad squishy but like other toons gear will fix that.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Whitchit wrote: »
    Went for Poe instead of QGJ, then Daka instead of QGJ, then fives instead of.....qgj.

Lmfaoooooo
  • Options
    For me it's Nightsister Initiate and Asajii Ventress.