Putting this out there...

JRCPKT99
292 posts Member
I hate to say it, but guild addition is killing me!

I love the guild I am in. It's laid back, good people, competitive, and good raids for gear.

However, it's getting crazy to keep up. In order to get all the perks I need to now consider doing an alternate character and alternate guild in addition to raid coordinator and plan out my daily activities to be done either before five or after five!?

Really! This kills my want to play. I enjoy logging in and playing at my convince when I have time and enjoying the player advancement.

Don't get me wrong...I understand it's part of the game and I don't have to do it, but I like it and I want to advance my characters and the guild.

Give me your guys thoughts. I am seriously considering that I can't play the game long term because it's a big commitment.

Replies

• MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    Well, no one likes the alt account stuff, not even most of the people who do it, and there was a big forum uproar so stuff like that is probably gonna go away.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I was in an awesome guild with great people but I'm going ftp and very casual with the game now. It's too much of a commitment to stay competitive anymore.
    So I'm done with the raids for the time being
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    So dont be in a guild

/Thread
  • Options
    I'm ftp and lack any other videogames in my life. I'm not always on the ball when raids are launched or I may even forget about an on going raid until it's over.

I'm still pulling in an okay bit of guild currency to get exclusive gear crafted.

Don't stress about being competitive. Competition is for the guys who drop $10k a month on this game.
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    So dont be in a guild

/Thread

Ha! Look at this tough guy. Hey d-bag, the OP has a valid argument as to why a lot of players don't like what the game has become. Guilds blow for a lot of players, yet you need to be in one to play the game. It's all good for you, though, right?

Edit: No profanity.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • JRCPKT99
    292 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with you slapdx, its difficult to be competitive and I am considering going ftp without guild.
    I also agree with you C00L, its often times that I feel that I need to be a team player if I am in a guild and I don't want to let the others down. I try to not stress about it but it is fun to be in a guild and be a team player.

To your point RU486, I very much enjoy being in a guild but the commitment is getting be larger everyday. I joined a guild to advance my characters and I find that hard to do in the current system without being in an active good guild. Now that the alt guilds are around, my guild is trying to take it to the next level and I hate to consider more time put it. I hope that they will change the rules and do lockouts to prevent this, but I am afraid that it is likely okay with EA since they likely draw a large income boost from the activity.

Thanks for the feedback. Good advice.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    mel wrote: »
    So dont be in a guild

/Thread

Ha! Look at this tough guy. Hey d-bag, the OP has a valid argument as to why a lot of players don't like what the game has become. Guilds blow for a lot of players, yet you need to be in one to play the game. It's all good for you, though, right?
    Whaaaaaa

Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    Options
    Legit. There is a guild for you. Very chill. Super cool and fun people.

There are casual T6 guilds out there. And then once in awhile you can organize a Heroic raid.

I'm not going to be in your face about it. But sincerely if you are interested please PM me. Let me know if you are looking for a T5/T6 causal guild or a heroic guild.

We are building up a community across two guilds.

Whether you PM or not. I hope you can see this as one solution to your concern. One which I am familiar with very much.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Bro there's lots of laid back guilds looking for members. Not everyone is die-hard as Bruce Willis.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Bro there's lots of laid back guilds looking for members. Not everyone is die-hard as Bruce Willis.

+1
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Options
    slampdx wrote: »
    I was in an awesome guild with great people but I'm going ftp and very casual with the game now. It's too much of a commitment to stay competitive anymore.
    So I'm done with the raids for the time being

Same, hard to fight arena by 6 pm, manage to get top 30-40 if i can fight 3 matches but most of the time im busy and ends up 50-80 ranking..

Most of the raids i just auto'd for the participation rewards..

But the guild members are very fun to interact with, its actually one of the main reason i still play :)

So op, enjoy the game as you would like it to be, make it casual, dont read the flaming so much on the forum lol, and dont think too much on the raid rewards and impossible gear that clearly wants you to buy the gem for it.. We got too many people that care too much about those things anyway ;)
  • Options
    i dont want alt accounts taken away. i have spent some money (not very much) on my alt account that i wouldnt have spent on my primary account. Besides two accounts can be double the fun!
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    So dont be in a guild

/Thread
    Look out, we got a tough guy over here! Don't try and make valid posts or have opinions while he's in the house, because he only knows the thug life.