Why must we be forced to join guilds?

Scorn
411 posts Member
Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed playing with my guilds mates, but for the life of me, i can't understand why ea would force players to join a guild? I quit mine last night, and already, the game has become more enjoyable for me. I'm no longer bound by activity schedules and, although I'm missing out in that important raid gear, i like having the freedom to play however i want now. I'm not saying guilds are bad, i'm just saying that this game should not cater only to players who join guilds. Non guild players should be able to progress, albeit not as fast, as players in guilds imo. We need another way to get the raid gear in this game. And guilds will still be good. After all, they allow faster farming of some hard node only characters as well as offer a faster way to obtain gear and guild shop only characters. Anyways, this is just my two cents and i wanted to put it out there. Does anyone agree with me? If not, why do you think guilds should be necessary for progression?

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I know this is a bad example, but, most MMO's require you to do raids to get best gear. I assume thats what they wanted with this. Since there are no "pugs" I kind of also hate having to go the guild route. I like my guild, but I have always been kind of a loner in games. I hate you people :)
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    IMO guilds are a necessity until the raid gear is available elsewhere. If the guild you were in was too strict, maybe find a more laid back one. I love my guild and for me it's a great experience.
  • Aminon
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Im a loner and im a guild leader lol. I have no schedules people dont need to log daily we doing tier 5 raids completion every two days be fasterbut dont demand people attack. Rangingfrom 40-75 all f2p and only like 10 people communicate via chat. And i swear about 20 guildies ive never seen say a word. Find a guild that suites you. That is just helping fill the gap for gear farm. They exist.
  • Options
    Consider that raids are a huge feature for this game. And the typical norm in mmos is to make the best gear available only in raids. So I think it's just about sticking with an existing model. Considering this is a mobile game, they may make some adjustments down the line, but I think the raid thing will be necessary for a while.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I have a small guild. I could care less if my members get the 600/600 or rank high in the dailies. I could care less if they miss days. Maybe you need a guild where you're not expected to do those things every single day.

I too find it annoying to go after dailies. Sometimes it's light side day, but I want to continue farming for this equipment on a dark side battle. So I do. So I completely understand when a member doesn't rank much in dailies. Sometimes I don't.

I have members who haven't logged in in a month, probably quit the game. But I still don't kick them out. There's no point in doing so unless I'm near the 50 member limit and others want in.

Perhaps an invitation isn't what you seek, but I'd gladly welcome you to my guild. It's a very, VERY low pressure guild. Just play as if you weren't in a guild and then raid with us. I really don't mind.

PM me if you're interested.
  • Options
    An idea like this would be good, i have mates who don't want to deal with the drama and schedules of guilds.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/35850/adding-a-new-way-to-progress-using-your-different-tokens/p1
  • Scorn
    411 posts Member
    Options
    I was guild leader. I think my guild was very good. We were quite relaxed. But I'm also a solo game player. This game just had so much wrong with it that i decided to step away from that role. I might go back after a while away, there is just so much that the devs need to make this fun again. Game bugs and raids rewards are still pretty frustrating.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    make you own guild of 1. will take a while to run you own raid. Wanna speed it up make an alt account or 2 to just gather Guild bank coins.

I believe you can complete 3 of the 7 Daily Guild Activities.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    make you own guild of 1. will take a while to run you own raid. Wanna speed it up make an alt account or 2 to just gather Guild bank coins.

I believe you can complete 3 of the 7 Daily Guild Activities.

FINE! I'll make my own guild with blackjack and working girls! (because I dont know if the other word is censored!)
  • Options
    Find one that's a better fit for you. I hated the idea of guilds, but I've been very happy with mine. We're an active, but casual group. No quotas or having to continually spend credits to refresh for more currency earning fights. Just a request to try to be aware of which mode will be the currency earner after the 7:30 change each evening and to hold off on the ones with limited attempts like challenges or pvp. We do regular tier 5 rancor fights with player damage ranging from around 3.5 million down to 20K and nobody complains about the difference. The high damage people get better gear rewards while the low damage people get a nice steady supply of guild shop currency for Rey shards.
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    Options
    Public raids would be cool. It would need a slight restructure but would be a nice alternative to some of the other methods we are forced to use.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Cythis wrote: »
    Public raids would be cool. It would need a slight restructure but would be a nice alternative to some of the other methods we are forced to use.

@Cythis
    I don't think it would be hard. Have "raid rooms" which everyone registers for. Once, like, 10 people register the raid goes and you can do your damage to it. Every "section" of the raid would have to be signed up for (just to make sure people arn't one shotting it.

It doesn't have to be manual either. Just queue for a raid room and have the game just smash you with 9 randoms.
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options
    You don't have to join a guild. Just like you don't have to do GW or arena or challenges or events. But if you don't then you don't get the rewards associated with them. It's no different.
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There's plenty of casual guilds to join. The guild I'm in has no requirements, only asks that you play at least once a week. They do T5 (and, maybe T6) raids usually. We just finished a T2 raid that they decided to start up since we had a bunch of lower levels joined (like me, woo! Was the only one for a bit).

To answer your question, I don't think they should be necessary for progression. I almost exclusively play MMOs and I'm always very active in the guilds I join. But, I understand some people aren't like that. Though, I also think it's no where near as bad as you made it out to be. Normally in big MMOs that aren't just a simple mobile game, you don't have to be in a guild to raid. I like the idea of a public raid. Not exactly sure how it would work, but Toukai and Cythis have nice ideas.
    Post edited by SkyCake on
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    I know this is a bad example, but, most MMO's require you to do raids to get best gear. I assume thats what they wanted with this. Since there are no "pugs" I kind of also hate having to go the guild route. I like my guild, but I have always been kind of a loner in games. I hate you people :)

Actually its a good example. And in MMO's being in a guild is not required to do a raid....
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @7AnimalMother
    It's a bad example because this isn't an MMO, but a mobile game. Most MMO's you can also craft gear to make up the difference in not being a part of a raiding guild.

It falls into a grey area, at least in my mind, of comparison. Just like using lore to justify game mechanics. While they can have a base, they arn't the end all-be all. Like how Ahsoka has night sister synergy when only ever having worked with Asajj for a single episode.

Or how Plo is the only clone wars jedi to have clone synergy.

*shrugs*

I digress,

Personally I think they should just open pug slots. In due time, of course. I am not one of those "NOW NOW NOW" kind of people.
  • Options
    If this feature was set up properly, there wouldn't be questions like this, there would be people trampling each other to sign up and play in a guild......
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Cythis wrote: »

@Cythis
    I don't think it would be hard. Have "raid rooms" which everyone registers for. Once, like, 10 people register the raid goes and you can do your damage to it. Every "section" of the raid would have to be signed up for (just to make sure people arn't one shotting it.

It doesn't have to be manual either. Just queue for a raid room and have the game just smash you with 9 randoms.

Fantasy football draft sim sites do this all the time. Typically a few to a dozen at a time on the big sites, where a new one starts every couple minutes. It would be pretty easy to set that up for this game but of course they would eff it up somehow.

Make it so you need to buy in with crystals or something, then it would fit their business plan of nothing really being free. So, maybe 100 crystals to buy in, minimum of 15 toons at that level. Cap it at the level of the raid so you don't have whales racking up huge totals in lower tier raids.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    mel wrote: »
    Cap it at the level of the raid so you don't have whales racking up huge totals in lower tier raids.

That sounds awfully close to a good game design decision. I'd fire you if I were an EA manager.
  • Options
    Not only would i like to see more Raids, but also Shard/World-Events, where all the players on the same Shard works together to unlock new content.
  • Options
    There are lots of guilds that don't require anything of you. I have two alt accounts that I barely do anything with unless I feel like it, and that's a couple times a week. Both of them are members of guilds, and both guilds have never expected anything of me.
  • Options
    Public raids for the guild-less sounds equitable. Maybe 1 per tier, but a modified raid and reward structure. One part per day, have to "sign up" or contribute each day to get a ticket for the next day?

Sounds fair to me.

I have a kid playing the game, doing quite well too, but the guild system isn't something enjoyable for her.
  • Options
    "Why must we be forced to join guilds?" into " I quit mine last night, and already, the game has become more enjoyable for me."

lol I'm confused.
  • VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    Options

Lol

• ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    You don't have to stay in a guild. You can join one, if you want. The choice is yours...? But I get what you mean too. Things won't always be as they are now though, this game keeps changing, that's why it's good. Embrace change!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Scorn wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed playing with my guilds mates, but for the life of me, i can't understand why ea would force players to join a guild? I quit mine last night, and already, the game has become more enjoyable for me. I'm no longer bound by activity schedules and, although I'm missing out in that important raid gear, i like having the freedom to play however i want now. I'm not saying guilds are bad, i'm just saying that this game should not cater only to players who join guilds. Non guild players should be able to progress, albeit not as fast, as players in guilds imo. We need another way to get the raid gear in this game. And guilds will still be good. After all, they allow faster farming of some hard node only characters as well as offer a faster way to obtain gear and guild shop only characters. Anyways, this is just my two cents and i wanted to put it out there. Does anyone agree with me? If not, why do you think guilds should be necessary for progression?

I agree totally
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    In traditional MMOs, you raid for raid gear, but that level of gear isn't necessary outside of raiding. You raid if you want to raid, and better gear allows you to take higher level raid content, and that's mostly all its good for.
    Here, if you don't raid, you don't get best gear,and become less competitive in the arena as time goes by, and arena is main source of crystals, a least for or FtP.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318