Endless attack

Just took my max attack assist team (Phasma, IG86, Tusken, Savage, Poggle) against a max team with Phasma, ST Han, Daka, Rey, and QGJ. I expected a tough matchup but first turn Rey killed IG86 and Han threw up his taunt. I nearly killed Han with the responding attack but then sat and watched that team take turn after turn until I was completely wiped out. They must have taken 20 consecutive attacks and I never got to respond. That level of broken mechanic makes me want to walk away from this game for good.

Replies

• Options
    Heard of turn meter control?
  • Options
    Yadda_123 wrote: »
    Just took my max attack assist team (Phasma, IG86, Tusken, Savage, Poggle) against a max team with Phasma, ST Han, Daka, Rey, and QGJ. I expected a tough matchup but first turn Rey killed IG86 and Han threw up his taunt. I nearly killed Han with the responding attack but then sat and watched that team take turn after turn until I was completely wiped out. They must have taken 20 consecutive attacks and I never got to respond. That level of broken mechanic makes me want to walk away from this game for good.

This means stHan is working as intended.
  • Options
    As a liberal user of ST Han and turn meter manipulation in general, I approve this message.

But my condolences.
  • MrWag
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Just took my max attack assist team (Phasma, IG86, Tusken, Savage, Poggle) against a max team with Phasma, ST Han, Daka, Rey, and QGJ.

Your team doesn't have anyone that can remove the taunt and you didn't kill han first.

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Myth busted
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    At everyone responding, this isnt st han at work. 20 consecutive attacks is not possible with just st han's TM manipulation. only 25% chance to remove 30% turnmeter at the start of his turn, for other TM bonusses he needs to get hit first. QGJ basic 65% chance to remove 30%. So most likely it was due to stuns from daka, and assists via phasma.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    At everyone responding, this isnt st han at work. 20 consecutive attacks is not possible with just st han's TM manipulation. only 25% chance to remove 30% turnmeter at the start of his turn, for other TM bonusses he needs to get hit first. QGJ basic 65% chance to remove 30%. So most likely it was due to stuns from daka, and assists via phasma.

While this is true, none of the following would've been possible if Hannah didn't work. That's the peak of the rollercoaster right there.
  • Options

This means stHan is working as intended.

Yup, broken as can be.
  • Options
    It's sad that they permit combos like this. Weakens the game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

While this is true, none of the following would've been possible if Hannah didn't work. That's the peak of the rollercoaster right there.

i disagree, phasma + daka could perma stun your team without st han.
  • Options
    This is nothing compared to an Evasion squad. Wait until 50% or more of your attacks get dodged.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    So most likely it was due to stuns from daka, and assists via phasma.
    Most likely it's extreme hyperbole. I'm not saying Han can't cause crazy things, he totally can, but this guy has a history of making Paul Bunyon claims.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    This is nothing compared to an Evasion squad. Wait until 50% or more of your attacks get dodged.

its hard to say, but i think i prefer an evasion meta. stun meta would also be super frustrating, more than evasion even.
  • Options

its hard to say, but i think i prefer an evasion meta. stun meta would also be super frustrating, more than evasion even.

I guess it depends on your roster too. If you have Yoda or Rex you can buff Tenacity and Han's TM Slowdown or Stun teams don't hurt.
  • Presto
    66 posts Member
    Options
    Let me apologize in advance if this sounds arrogant, but why are you using Poggle and Savage in the first place? QGJ provides offense up with dispel and has an assist, much better for your "assist" squad than Poggle. Savage is just terrible overall. Why not GS? Daka? Rey?
  • Options
    This has happened to me a few times; a bunch of passive mechanics at work and they all happen to hit like gangbusters on the same battle.

It is mostly Han; he gains TM on basic attacks. When he is called multiple times on Assist, it's enough to gain extra turns, and on each of his turns he removes TM from you. QGJ is similiar on a narrower scope as he also gains / removes TM on a single toon on basic attack. Meanwhile, Phasma adding 50% with Victory March / Leader assist attacks / Speed Down, and Daka stunning your characters as they get close to a turn is devastating.

Really, killing IG-86 didn't help either; he does not gain or lose TM on basic attack, nor does he stun. He hits like a freight train but he was one less character to be selected when an assist was triggered, leaving a higher likelihood that STHan, QGJ, or Daka would be called to work their magic.

Again, I think you got slammed with RNG, a perfect storm and combination of assists. And a good example of why STHan is almost always the biggest threat on the opposing team. The good news is that he is easily handled; remove his TM, ability block, or stun will keep him shut down long enough to eliminate the 2nd and 3rd largest threats. When the 2nd and 3rd biggest threats are gone, Han drops to the 5th biggest threat, because even if he does get a taunt off, there are 2 fewer characters on his team for him to feed TM. So neutralize Han first; which doesn't have to be killing him necessarily.

Lastly, part of me is not surprised this sort of thing happens. I run a stun team in GW of Dooku, Old Daka, RG, QGJ, Phasma... some teams, even those in upper echelons, don't even get a single attack during the whole match.... Dooku stuns the token Jedi (and maybe a 2nd toon), QGJ removes TM, Daka Stuns, RG stuns, then Phasma adds 50% TM... the oppo team spends the round clearing stuns, then all 5 of my team goes again. If Phasma hits speed down on 2 - 3 toons and those toons are stunned again, then it's even longer before they clear the 2nd round of stuns.

Sometimes I sub Han for Phasma and thats even worse for the other team. Han takes a hit or two, but only a hit or two and it's over.

I am still working on Fives, when he is done I am going to try switching out Phasma. I think Fives' counter, speed down, and assist attack will be a nice twist.

Really the takeaway here is that Stun / TM reduction / Speed Down are absolute must have tools these days, seek these characters as they will make your entire life easier.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options

You have an assist team that doesn't have QGJ or GS.

Interesting.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Call me when you get hit with 9 straight leia attacks.
  • Options
    Come back and post something when you've gathered video proof of this happening to you at least 5 times in a row.
  • MaxiPriest
    619 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Galactic war is a series of endless attacks! I can see Diana Ross in there!
  • Options
    @OP you fought a control team. They had a combo of TM reduction, slow, assist, stun, TM up and speed. Also you probably got hit with a little bad RNG. But your opponents team worked as designed. However, after getting a whopping, its time to rethink your strategy not complain that your strategy didnt work. Or if you prefer no challenges, you could try something less competitive.

All teams can be defeated. Some people have given suggestions on how to improve on your strategy. It will probably take time to totally switch your team to a new strategy, but in the mean time you can avoid that particular team since you know that you cant win easily. If you are willing to take the time to learn from your defeat, you could wind up getting better. Or you could just quit. Totally up to you.

If you want help, just ask.
  • Options
    It's sad that they permit combos like this. Weakens the game.

Or you know... you could learn how to play and know when you need to add a dispeller to your team...
  • Options
    @OP you fought a control team. They had a combo of TM reduction, slow, assist, stun, TM up and speed. Also you probably got hit with a little bad RNG. But your opponents team worked as designed. However, after getting a whopping, its time to rethink your strategy not complain that your strategy didnt work. Or if you prefer no challenges, you could try something less competitive.

All teams can be defeated. Some people have given suggestions on how to improve on your strategy. It will probably take time to totally switch your team to a new strategy, but in the mean time you can avoid that particular team since you know that you cant win easily. If you are willing to take the time to learn from your defeat, you could wind up getting better. Or you could just quit. Totally up to you.

If you want help, just ask.

What?! Changing the strategy would take way too much time and energy. Admit he needs help? No way! Take your sensible thoughts elsewhere. Let the complaining about game mechanics that work properly commence.
  • Options
    Veritasum wrote: »
    Come back and post something when you've gathered video proof of this happening to you at least 5 times in a row.
    I don't need video proof to believe that he got slaughtered by that team. His only chance was to get an ability block on Han right away and then get ridiculously lucky with Phasma assists and I'm guessing he got neither. A team with TM control and DPS should just trounce a slow team like that.
  • Options
    You know what's scarier? Letting a droid team with HK-47 lead get turns. When you omega his leader ability, droids gain +50% tm for each crit. Droids with AOE (88, HK, etc) essentially get free consecutive turns. They can take turn after turn if you let them get going. And with the damage they do, it's very difficult to stop the bleeding.