Completely useless omega upgrade?

Prev1
Why would anyone spend 5 omegas to upgrade Old Ben's Elegant Form?

At level 7, it automatically procs Evade for 2 turns, and his only special, Mind Tricks, has a 5 turns cool down.

Spending 5 omegas to upgrade Elegant Form to level 8 will make Evade last 1 turn longer. Wow.

Am I missing something or is this upgrade completely useless? Old Ben has no choice but to use his basic every other turn, so why would an extra Evade turn change anything?

Replies

• Options
    It could get dispelled, so not completely useless.

But one of the most useless out there.
  • Options

Your argument has no merit. The fact that it can be dispelled makes lengthening the duration even more useless. The OP has a point. Ben has only one other ability so the *most* he could go without reapplying it is 2 turns. Having it last 3 turns is useless.

They should change to 15% damage or add 50% chance to stun if opponent is less than 50% hp or something like that.
  • Tycho
    52 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

But then he just attacks again because his Mind Trick is on a bazillion turn cooldown.

I vote that a second evasion buff is stacked on top of the first.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm sure there's worse out there if you look at the heroes that no one bothers to promote or level.

And, Welcome to the forums. haha
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Depends on your Arena comp. It's not uncommon to see a squad where Leia hides behind big characters and tanks. Since people don't usually kill Old Ben until last and with Omega Leia, they don't have a choice but to kill Old Ben. This makes him harder to kill while Leia just shoots away. Ben can crit in the 3K's and with Leia's buff he can eat away at somebody pretty decently too. Just have to weight it's value in-relation to how you choose to use him.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    St Han's taunt CD has to be up there also
  • Paxus
    60 posts Member
    Options
    It's only use is if he is constantly stunned and can't act. Then he at least has evade up through it...
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    godgiven45 wrote: »

Whoah have to totally disagree with this (taking this to mean you think it's useless). STHAN cooldown on Taunt is invaluable in the right setup. Fire off taunt, ST Han protects and provides TM, STH Dead, Ewok Elder or Daka Rez, ST Han alive and Taunt 1 round sooner.

Not to mention that if you have a reliable Rez like EE, it makes STH a bit more valuable in GW.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Kylo's basic is a let down
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get GS's 5% increase on basic. I mean...why?
  • Options
    djlott wrote: »

Whoah have to totally disagree with this (taking this to mean you think it's useless). STHAN cooldown on Taunt is invaluable in the right setup. Fire off taunt, ST Han protects and provides TM, STH Dead, Ewok Elder or Daka Rez, ST Han alive and Taunt 1 round sooner.

Not to mention that if you have a reliable Rez like EE, it makes STH a bit more valuable in GW.

Too bad he is dead by then
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    I don't get GS's 5% increase on basic. I mean...why?

Yeah. This one baffles me too. 5%? Its not that great anyway.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

When I would run Han he would always survive his first taunt and go again. I considered giving him the omegas for both his taunt and his basic so he could taunt again even faster, especially since it gets dispelled often.
  • Options
    Fives plus 25 percent assist damage is up there too
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Barriss basic, 15% more on 0 is still 0
    Barriss heal, gives only herself defense up, a mostly worthless buff to start with.
    Barriss unique, +1% turn meter gained her already wonky random dispel. 1%...

:/
  • Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    Kylo's basic is a let down
    It's not the best, but it's not terrible. Damage over time can be a bltch, especially if he has retribution.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Haha! Wow yeah, she might not be an Omega priority.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options

When I would run Han he would always survive his first taunt and go again. I considered giving him the omegas for both his taunt and his basic so he could taunt again even faster, especially since it gets dispelled often.

Ok i see your point on the dispel. But mine usually gets killed quick. He is not a tank
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Ok i see your point on the dispel. But mine usually gets killed quick. He is not a tank

Is yours gear 11? I agree that he's not great gear 9 and below
  • Options

25% more damage on an attack is a good omega.
  • Options
    Yeah. G9. I need to work on him
  • Options

Yeah, but ALL other assist attackers get 75 percent assist damage BEFORE omega. Fives SHOULD be the same way but no, he only gets 50 percent more.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, but ALL other assist attackers get 75 percent assist damage BEFORE omega. Fives SHOULD be the same way but no, he only gets 50 percent more.

Um no, that's only QGJ. Geo gives a bonus when he calls a fellow Geonosian only and 86 gives 75% bonus critical damage only when he calls another droid.
  • Options

Before omega

QGJ: plus 75 percent assist damage

IG 86: plus 75 percent critical damage

Tusken: plus 75 percent assist damage

Fives: plus 50 Percent assist damage

There is no reason fives should have to waste an omega to get to 75 percent assist damage.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ben can crit in the 3K's and with Leia's buff he can eat away at somebody pretty decently too.

LOL on what planet? 3K? LOL.. yeah.. show me screen shot of that.. I have Obi.. NEVER seen him hit for over 2K.. and I don't EVER remember seeing him CRIT.. maybe with Sid lead in a challenge but other than.. NO!

Whenever I leave Ben for last I just use auto at that point because its a laugh riot, I hit him evade he hits me.. I shrug it off like its nothing.. It would take like 20 turns to defeat ANY of my toons if I let him bang on me without attacking him.. Ben is there for one thing TEAM evade and turn meter not for damage.. I doubt ANYONE gets injured whenever Ben attacks.. hell I could put in in with level 50 no armor and I BET it takes him 2 turns to kill it.
  • Options
    What gear level is your Ben and have you leveled his basic? Dunno what to tell you, I don't screenshot every attack of every match, lol.
  • Options
    There's actually quite a few useless abilities. Veers leadership is one. His lead grants Empire 30% offense, while Vader grants Empire 30% offense and turn meter on some condition (I forget why the turn meter is awarded). There is literally no reason to ever use Veers.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    There's actually quite a few useless abilities. Veers leadership is one. His lead grants Empire 30% offense, while Vader grants Empire 30% offense and turn meter on some condition (I forget why the turn meter is awarded). There is literally no reason to ever use Veers.

I could see someone using him because they like his helmet better
  • Options
    Yodas basic omega is a waste as well +5% turn Metre gain, like maybe 10 or 15%
  • Options

Before omega

QGJ: plus 75 percent assist damage

IG 86: plus 75 percent critical damage

Tusken: plus 75 percent assist damage

Fives: plus 50 Percent assist damage

There is no reason fives should have to waste an omega to get to 75 percent assist damage.

They also die easy. Fives doesn't. I stand by what I said.