Rancor Tier VI - Phase 1 Strategy Advice

Szecsa
104 posts Member
Hy Guys,
I would like to improve my damage to the pigs, so I come here to get some advices. I am an F2P player.
Everybody is at lvl80 and 7*.

My current team:
Teebo (l), g9 (omega 1st and leader skill)
Chewie g9 (omega 1st skill)
Rey g10 (omega all skills)
QGJ g11 (omega 1st skill)
Fives g9 (omega 1st skill)

This team can do 2,5 MM to the pigs, but after 25-30 minutes the enrage come, because there are some rounds when tm reduction not working.
I am thinking how I can do more damage. Thinking about chirpa and scout, but I don't know who can be replaced.

I have heard romours who can solo T6-P1 with 1 team, but I didn't find any video or strategy.

If you have any advice please share with me.
Thanks,
Regards,
Szecsa

Replies

• MalEliza
    132 posts Member
    Options
    For the sake of argument I will assume that all toons are maxed out (as your best P1 team will be at some point). Teebo and QGJ are irreplaceable. That leaves us with Fives, Rey and Chewie up for discussion.
    Let's start with Fives. He's there for his speed down + some damage. His potency is only 0.6, however. You could replace him with Phasma. Phasma has higher potency (1.26!) and boosts turn meter. To make up for lower damage she can deal defence down on critical hits. Ideally, you max Victory March and Fusillade.
    Next on our list is Rey. I'm not sure if she is the best choice for p1. She only deals damage (lots of it, admittedly), without helping with turn meter reduction. Additionally Flurry of Blows gives lots of turn meter to the captain. Maybe an assist attacker would be the better choice. I would recommend Tusken Raider (tm down on basic, but his potency is only slightly higher than Fives's and Chewie's).
    Last on our list is Chewie. He reduces turn meter with high potency but he's very slow. He could be replaced, too. Scout is exactly the same but a little faster and much lower potency (so Chewie is better imo). I like Ewok Elder very much for P1. Not only can he remove deathmark or other debuffs (should it ever be necessary but he can also heal and revive. In case you don't need any of this, his basic can give 25% turn meter to teebo and 50% to himself (which makes him very fast) plus 10% to all others (if omega'd).

What I am aiming for myself is Teebo (l), QGJ, Phasma + two out of Tusken Raider, Chewie or Elder. Unfortunately I couldn't try the possible combinations yet, as Chewie and Tusken Raider aren't maxed yet because of missing credits.
  • Mol_Sign
    142 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There was a previous discussion of T6 P1 solo here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/446002/#Comment_446002

The team wasn't FTP: Teebo (l), Rex, Elder, QGJ, Fives. An FTP equivalent (or even better) would be Teebo (l), Elder, QGJ, Scout, Phasma. This team has solo'd T7 P1 and could solo T6 P1 (see this video).

We didn't stay in T6 very long to test out the strategies. You want to use the Ewok synergy more because of the number of extra turns generated by Teebo and Elder.

EDIT: Regarding the comp that you used, here are a few notes:
    • Chewie: slow and lacks ewok synergy, however has higher potency than scout or teebo. Needs a TM gain char to enable a solo
    • Rey: multi-attacks produce too much TM gain for capt; she's also very fast exacerbating the TM gain problem
    • Fives: omega on basic is a multi-attack, which again is a negative for capt; his assist is useful and perhaps could make up for the multi-attacks. Better substitutes are phasma and jawa, who both have higher potency than fives.
  • Options
    So, I did 5 million in T6 with Teebo (L) Rey 5's GGJ and elder. You just have to keep your elder alive after enrage. Currently I am running Teebo (L) Chewbacca QGJ Elder and Phasma. Works much better with much less variability.
  • Szecsa
    104 posts Member
    Options
    @MalEliza @Mol_Sign @JediLeriche
    Guys, thanks for your advices. I accepted most of them. I really appreciate it and They were really helpful.
    Today I did 4,7 million damage on P1 and 1,7 million damage on P4. (Two fights took 1,5+1 hours, really boring)
    Both team was Teebo (lead), Ewok elder, chewie, fives and QGJ.
    You are right, Chewie is really slow. Now I am focusing on Ewok Scout to gear up, I am really courious 50% different in Potency how it works. (Chewie has 110%, ES has 60% Potency at max gear/lvl). Scout has higher speed than chewie and get more tm from Teebo and Elder.
    Next raid my Phasma is also ready (g10 and full of omega skills), so I will try him replacing Fives.
    Can you help Defense Down skill how works? Gives some extra damage?
    Slowly we can move on T7, but we are a mostly f2p guild and my guild mates are lack of important characters on 7*: many of them have 6* characters.

• Mol_Sign
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Szecsa wrote: »
    @MalEliza @Mol_Sign @JediLeriche
    Guys, thanks for your advices. I accepted most of them. I really appreciate it and They were really helpful.
    Today I did 4,7 million damage on P1 and 1,7 million damage on P4. (Two fights took 1,5+1 hours, really boring)
    Both team was Teebo (lead), Ewok elder, chewie, fives and QGJ.
    You are right, Chewie is really slow. Now I am focusing on Ewok Scout to gear up, I am really courious 50% different in Potency how it works. (Chewie has 110%, ES has 60% Potency at max gear/lvl). Scout has higher speed than chewie and get more tm from Teebo and Elder.
    Next raid my Phasma is also ready (g10 and full of omega skills), so I will try him replacing Fives.
    Can you help Defense Down skill how works? Gives some extra damage?
    Slowly we can move on T7, but we are a mostly f2p guild and my guild mates are lack of important characters on 7*: many of them have 6* characters.

Awesome damage in P1 and P4!

So far we have 3 F2P comps that have solo'd T7 P1:
    1. Teebo (l), Ewok Elder, QGJ, Phasma, Ewok Scout
    2. Teebo (l), Ewok Elder, QGJ, Phasma, Chirpa
    3. Teebo (l), Ewok Elder, QGJ, Phasma, Fives

I've referenced videos by @Kordolin for the two first comps in this reddit post:

https://reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4nh3pt/tier_7_raid_strategy_for_maximum_damage/

The Fives comp is new to me. I don't have a scanner @ G10 for Fives so I can't test out that comp yet. Instead of gearing up Scout who requires a scanner @ G10 like Fives, you could use Chirpa (easily farmable in Cantina Battles) even at G8.

Regarding Phasma, defense down is primarily for extra damage. There's been speculation that it helps TM reduction, but that hasn't confirmed, so I wouldn't count on it helping there.

If you need help with using Chirpa, please let me know and I'll be glad to help.
  • Options
    I'm building up EE as quickly as I can, but run Teebo, Chirpa, AA, Phasma, QGJ. Any point to the heal/retribution ability, or do you find it takes away from the accelerated tm reducing cooldown time? Should note my toons are 5*-7* in t5 raids and gear 7+. Looking for the correct moves to make so theyxre second nature by the time I'm doing heroics.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Personally, I don't use Chirpa in P1, he is great for Rancor phases. Retribution buff and speed up buffs are essential there. With Rancor you are in an endurance race, so having a versatile char like Chirpa is great. In Phase 1 however, you need to kill fast to get rid of the guards. I use Geo instead, who with Omega unique gains TM and can do massive damage. My team for P1 is Teebo, QGJ, Fives, Elder, and Geo.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Szecsa
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Lianara wrote: »
    Personally, I don't use Chirpa in P1, he is great for Rancor phases. Retribution buff and speed up buffs are essential there. With Rancor you are in an endurance race, so having a versatile char like Chirpa is great. In Phase 1 however, you need to kill fast to get rid of the guards. I use Geo instead, who with Omega unique gains TM and can do massive damage. My team for P1 is Teebo, QGJ, Fives, Elder, and Geo.

Which Tier do you do?
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    Lianara wrote: »

Which Tier do you do?

This is tier 6. We are about to start 7 to see if the guild is ready for it.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Mol_Sign
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Nothermike wrote: »
    I'm building up EE as quickly as I can, but run Teebo, Chirpa, AA, Phasma, QGJ. Any point to the heal/retribution ability, or do you find it takes away from the accelerated tm reducing cooldown time? Should note my toons are 5*-7* in t5 raids and gear 7+. Looking for the correct moves to make so theyxre second nature by the time I'm doing heroics.

Heal/retribution is primarily to prevent chirpa from increasing capt's TM, especially if capt is near max TM. If capt's TM is low, use chirpa's basic. Keep track of everyone's TM, especially elder, phasma, and QGJ. Chirpa's assist helps not just w/ teebo's TM reduction, but all ewoks through elder's TM gain boost. If elder's basic is omega'd (which it should be) then other ally's like QGJ (TM reduction) and Phasma (TM gain) gain from chirpa's assist ability as well.
  • Options
    5's doesn't work on T7 by the way. He is only useful on T6 and below
  • Mol_Sign
    142 posts Member
    Options

I'd consider a solo by @ManyTanks of T7 P1 as working:

DmUlWii.jpg
  • Szecsa
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Mol_Sign wrote: »

I'd consider a solo by @ManyTanks of T7 P1 as working:

DmUlWii.jpg

Soloing T7 P1 harder or easier than solo T6 P1?
  • Mol_Sign
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Soloing T7 P1 harder or easier than solo T6 P1?

About the same. T6 requires more patience since you have more damage, however the tenacity is less, so TM reduction should be easier.