Are you satisfied with galactic war changes ?

2Next

Replies

• President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yes, but it would be nice to scale up rewards a bit.
    The point is...the rewards were not worth the time and effort. So if they weren't going to up rewards this was the only option. So to all the l33t players.... The majority won here. Scream all you like, whine about how hardcore you are compared to everyone...this is a good change
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Lasserini wrote: »
    Good to see the too easy people a minority

What a shocker that the "give me better rewards" is winning, eh? :)
    --
    Not by this implying that the ´lets-not-have-more-automode-content´ isn't a minority -- We probably are.

And it's a Good thing. I was tired of taking an hour for rewards meant for a level 40

yea, its most certainly a good thing people want more for less ;) Its the same strategy EA is using, doing less work and make more money. For some reason they get hated for doing the same thing. mindboggling >_<

It's not really more for less since the rewards are scaled for lvl 40 but the difficulty kept increasing. It's diminishing rewards at best.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, it is easier and takes less time. Great !
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »

--
    Not by this implying that the ´lets-not-have-more-automode-content´ isn't a minority -- We probably are.

And it's a Good thing. I was tired of taking an hour for rewards meant for a level 40

yea, its most certainly a good thing people want more for less ;) Its the same strategy EA is using, doing less work and make more money. For some reason they get hated for doing the same thing. mindboggling >_<

It's not really more for less since the rewards are scaled for lvl 40 but the difficulty kept increasing. It's diminishing rewards at best.

This.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options

--

It wasn't even the difficulty that was the issue. Due to retreat you basically got edge of tomorrow power. It was easy to beat. Just incredibly tedious and time consuming facing meta arena teams from,node 6 on
  • camui78
    77 posts Member
    Options
    Just finished GW and I have an Arena power of 34k. For the first 10 nodes, super easy. Starting node 11 starting to get a few Gear 9 and one Gear X toon. Node 12 was very tough but managed to beat it.
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No, it does not change anything. Still annoying.
    It took me just as much time as usual. The toons looked less powerful stat wise but I didn't notice a difference in difficulty (lvl 80, power 32845).
  • Options
    One aspect I would like if it is easier than normal (I haven't tried it yet) is that I could experiment with my lower level fun teams. Such as night sisters or empire teams. They wouldn't have been viable before, but now they could be used for a purpose.
  • Options
    No, its too easy now.
    The point is...the rewards were not worth the time and effort. So if they weren't going to up rewards this was the only option. So to all the l33t players.... The majority won here. Scream all you like, whine about how hardcore you are compared to everyone...this is a good change

The majority back in the 1700s and 1800s thought that slavery was good. Just because the majority wants something does not make it right.

Okay so the rewards are more in line as they did not scale, that is your best argument. Of course that could have easily been fixed by having the rewards scale with level. At level 60 the rewards could have increased by 10%, at level 70 an additional 20%, and level 80 and additional 30%, and etc... Would have been easy to do, and then we would all have had more credits which would have made the people complaining about the credit crunch happier.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    Quick and painless, one squad until the last two nodes. Then had to start strategerizing. Nice work devs thanks for addressing this issue.

Rewards are fine for the level of difficulty.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Hangfire wrote: »

Agreed! They had to balance something and for me, this was the perfect balance of rewards vs time spent + sheer hostility towards my phone.

Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    No, its too easy now.
    Quick and painless, one squad until the last two nodes. Then had to start strategerizing. Nice work devs thanks for addressing this issue.

Well it could have been argued that it was great that the difficulty increased with your level. GW when I started was supposed to be a mode that was not intended for having someone win each and everyday. Perhaps you were only supposed to be able to beat it once a week. It was supposed to require lots of developed characters. Now it is far from that. The intent and original goal of the GW has been lost. Like everything a few bad apples ruins it for everyone.
  • Options
    The way the difficulty is now, no way rewards should scale up. They made it easier and quicker yet you want more for completing it? SMH
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    What if galactic war wasn't changed at all, and were all under the placebo effect... just kidding about that but maybe we should give it a few more days before jumping to conclusions
  • brunokj
    22 posts Member
    Options
    I'd prefer less nodes (maybe 9) than an easier GW. Now the thrill is gone.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    No, its too easy now.
    The solution was either to add a hard mode for those who want a challange or reduce it to six nodes but leave the difficulty. Now it's 15-20 min of auto through 10 nodes and 6 minutes of interesting fights.

Before it was 9-12 minutes of auto and 18-30 minutes of interesting fights. So they have reduced the playable content in this game.

Everyone who cried to make it easy sucks.

39k arena team FTP aside from $5 elder pack
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    No, its too easy now.
    There are people who not only think it should be easier but ALSO have better rewards?

Wow.
  • Options
    For the first time in a long long time, I scored a 'perfect GW'. No retreats, no suicides, no toons died, mostly completed on auto (I suspect I could, but I was playing it cautiously as per usual). I didn't even use my strongest toons (Ackbar L gr9, Lumi 9, HRS 9, Savage 8, Daka 10). And, fyi, I'm FTP.

Did anyone else have this experience?

I cannot believe this is the final solution for GW - I very much hope it was only a temporary 'fix'. Completing 15 nodes on auto with practically zero brain power required is no fun. :/

Just curious, why not next time play with your weakest toons? There's nothing wrong with the end user getting creative to find a challenge if you have the time and energy to do so. I understand the devs are ultimately the creators here, but player do have a lot of tools at our disposal. So why not use them. and the primary complaint was the amount of time it took to complete which the devs have addressed.

• Options
    It's extremely easy now. Although there are still too many nodes. I'd rather it be more difficult and less nodes. but this is a second best.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    No, its too easy now.
    Barely needed to tap into my A team roster.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

Agreed! They had to balance something and for me, this was the perfect balance of rewards vs time spent + sheer hostility towards my phone.

Exactly. If only increasing the rewards, that would still leave the issue of time. This is the best fix.
  • Options
    No, its too easy now.
    Takes me the same amount of time to complete GW. I do not understand how people are saving time. Can someone please explain it? It has never taken me more than about 30 minutes. I never spent an hour or hour and half like others here are claiming that they have. Between 30 to 40 minutes. It never took that long. Standard team I used was Lumni, JC, Eeth, Talia, and RG. Most of the time that single team went through. If not, the second team of Barriss, Ashnok, IG-86, Tusken Raider, and Yoda would finish the rest. At most one retreat through the entire affair. Not every hard at all to complete in 30 minutes.
  • Options
    No, its too easy now.
    All this poll does is use the massive minority that come into the forums to complain about certain things... Myself included.

Sadly I think I'll be uninstalling & coming back in a few months. Not that I want to but because it's to brain numbingly boring. Have fun folks, see you in a few months... Maybe.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Awww you poor thing. Life is so cruel
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    No, still ****
    {RotE}
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    First of all we need a bigger sample size than ONE. That said, mine didn't change much. It was just slightly easier with arena-type teams on the last 3 nodes. I didn't see any lvl 60 teams like some.
    The biggest problem is rewards haven't scaled since lvl 40. We haven't seen a cost-of-living increase in forever. Yes they are throwing events at us but they are extremely unpredictable, and in some cases, misleading.
    I had really hoped we'd see GW changed to @8 nodes & double rewards... Wanna make it fun?? Add some synergy opponents i.e. Resistance squad, Empire squad etc. (someone suggested this months ago)
    I honestly believe EA will run this game into the ground and THEN fix it after everybody quits.

P.S. Those of you complaining it's too easy - sim button etc... YOU can control that. Test your B-teams and adolescents. Leave your maxed guys out of it and mess with GW for 3 hours if you want. The masses don't want to spend an hour on GW every day.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Takes me the same amount of time to complete GW. I do not understand how people are saving time. Can someone please explain it? It has never taken me more than about 30 minutes. I never spent an hour or hour and half like others here are claiming that they have. Between 30 to 40 minutes. It never took that long. Standard team I used was Lumni, JC, Eeth, Talia, and RG. Most of the time that single team went through. If not, the second team of Barriss, Ashnok, IG-86, Tusken Raider, and Yoda would finish the rest. At most one retreat through the entire affair. Not every hard at all to complete in 30 minutes.

It depends what the power of your Arena team is. When it gets over 36k-37k, people used to get meta team from node 6 to 12. Rey, Leia, Rg, QGJ, Fives, Daka, Dooku or Ben lead.

Its definitely faster that before and now i can use exotic comps and have more fun.
    Again its a mobile game, if you take 1h for GW alone, then Arena, Raids, Challenges, Events.
    That is way to much time. They can definitely add a hard mode with better rewards to satisfy everybody.
  • Options
    The reason I say it should have better rewards is because they are for players who are lvl 40 gear lvl 5ish. I had no problem before with GW, and it went very quick today. No I'm not expecting quadruple returns for being lvl 80, but they should at least scale your rewards with your level, or in 10 level increments. Because no matter what difficulty (or lack thereof) you're still getting rewarded the same when you need exponentially more for similar results. I'm fine with grinding away, but then they introduced Raids which pretty much forces you to deepen your pool of heroes. It'd be nice to get a small kicker, not as much as I wanted when GW took me an hour to beat mind you, but a kicker nonetheless.
  • Options
    But it's a great start, if GW wasn't our only reliable source of income I'd be against watering it down. But this is a mobile game, not a console game.
  • Options
    But it's a great start, if GW wasn't our only reliable source of income I'd be against watering it down. But this is a mobile game, not a console game.
    Agreed, they could be stunting new player growth if they hasn' done this. Which they had maybe added a scaling credit reward for those after 80. I think if they keep making more rotating events that may not be an issue either.
  • Fid
    121 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm happy with it. Mine went from annoying time draining slog starting around node 5/6 (sometimes earlier) to reasonably balanced 1-12 in less than an hour (not continuous). Retries went from 2-3 per node from 6 on to 5 or 6 total. And with the exception of an unexpectedly well geared and leveled team around node 4 never inspired that "ugh, if this battle isn't perfect I might as well restart or give up" feeling.

I'd almost be willing to say it's too weak now but for something that's effectively a daily necessity, it feels right to me... Unless of course they're just teasing with a first day easy run :/

Edit - if they want to have harder/brutal slog/headache inducing content I'm fine with that too, just not on a daily cycle.