Is the description for the Jedi event intentionally misleading?

Prev1
Bon_El
435 posts Member
So... shame on me for pulling the handle on the slot machine 4 times and hoping to get the 2.04 mil like it reads in black & white. Unlike other areas of the game, the text doesn't list a baseline reward of X with a chance at a multiplier.

Round 1 (T3): 46k & 4 Aayla shards.
Refresh 1 (T3): 604k & ? shards (75 crystals)
Refresh 2 (T3): 108k & 2 JC shards (75 crystals)
Refresh 3 (T2): 23k & 2 JC shards (75 crystals)
Refresh 4 (T3): 28k & 2 JC shards (100 crystals)

I'm very frugal with my crystals so please save the comparisons to other players and/or options. After months of no response to the credit crunch, I thought maybe this would be a viable path to the MANY millions that are needed, so I decided to spend some crystals. After receiving 604k on the 1st refresh I continued on thinking 2.04 mil was a possibility. Only after coming to the forum do I find that a 21 shard / 2.04 mil payout is not even possible on T3. This is obviously misleading and I fail to see how this could be an accident.
"Omission of a material fact" is something I take very seriously.

EA_JESSE I would appreciate a response on this. ~Thank you
~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~

Replies

• Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Jdm1a0 wrote: »

Yes thank you - that post is what I referred to above when I said 'after coming to the forum'.
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    It is the combined reward for doing the event to completion, as stated in the link youve read already.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    It is the combined reward for doing the event to completion, as stated in the link youve read already.

sassy+black+woman.jpg
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yes, it is very misleading, and I fell for the same trap. The confusion is that in other rewards descriptions what is listed is the max possible rewards. Here however, it is certainly not the max rewards. I too spent many crystals trying to get the max rewards listed (or even anywhere close), until I realized that I had been duped. It is a very lousy feeling.

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that this is a display bug of some wort having to do with the content. However, I would hope we would get compensated for crystals if this were the case.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options

Once again thanks for being captain obvious. That's a post by a player - not an official description. You shouldn't have to come read everything on the forum before playing the game to avoid being mislead. Go be helpful somewhere else.
  • Options

No, I do not think this is it either.
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    You both are probably right.

Coming to the forum and reading everything to avoid mistakes sounds like a good tactic though

Sure helped me save 75 gems even if it was just a player posting it
  • Options
    Bon_El wrote: »

Once again thanks for being captain obvious. That's a post by a player - not an official description. You shouldn't have to come read everything on the forum before playing the game to avoid being mislead. Go be helpful somewhere else.

OK captain, you realize a dev posted it in reddit right? That's where the info came from.
  • Options
    You both are probably right.

Coming to the forum and reading everything to avoid mistakes sounds like a good tactic though

Sure helped me save 75 gems even if it was just a player posting it

Sound advice, but somebody has to try it first in order to post to the forum. Looks like this time I was that guy (I hit the event up the second it came out and refresh-refresh-refresh... WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!)
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Womp_Womp wrote: »

OK captain, you realize a dev posted it in reddit right? That's where the info came from.

No because I only go to the OFFICIAL FORUM. (That's this one in case you weren't aware). It's been made very clear (by the actual devs) all other sources are unofficial.
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    We are aware. Just like we know you are aware that multiple sources for information is an amazing thing
  • Options

No because I only go to the OFFICIAL FORUM. (That's this one in case you weren't aware). It's been made very clear (by the actual devs) all other sources are unofficial.

Wow ok so the Dev that actually creates these events is the one that posts on reddit. But good luck in your quest, may you find whatever it is you are looking for.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yeah i want my crystals back, i was expecting 2 million credits for my 75 crystal refresh, i got 24k. Thouggt it was bad rng, 500 crystals later realised id been had.
  • Options
    lol i think i made like 100-150k credits doing all 3

so basically i should not in any way shape or form refresh?

lol
  • Options
    Considering I'm not aware of any event that has given away that many credits, I thought it had to be a total potential gain. I refreshed anyway just to see the after first time rewards and I have to say it's worth the refresh.

A very generous event.
  • Options
    Veritasum wrote: »
    Considering I'm not aware of any event that has given away that many credits, I thought it had to be a total potential gain. I refreshed anyway just to see the after first time rewards and I have to say it's worth the refresh.

A very generous event.

do you got more as you refresh more?

like my post above, i didnt get much for first free run at it

• Options
    Yeah i want my crystals back, i was expecting 2 million credits for my 75 crystal refresh, i got 24k. Thouggt it was bad rng, 500 crystals later realised id been had.

You should make a poll
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    lol i think i made like 100-150k credits doing all 3

so basically i should not in any way shape or form refresh?

lol

Doesnt seem worth it, but personal preference dictates.

A lot of people are pointing out similarities between this event and the last (leia shards and now shes available in shipments)
  • Options
    ok thx
  • Options
    Veritasum wrote: »

A very generous event.

I thought those would be the max potential rewards (RNG based), like the challenges. I had no idea that I could receive as little as 32k credits for my 75 crystals. That's a little over 3% of what the potential rewards showed. I expected 10-20% to be the smallest.

So yes it was very misleading and I never would have refreshed had I known it was possible to get such little reward.

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I fell for it. Wouldn't have refreshed. Lesson learned for tomorrow :/
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    Options

That's your fault. If you can't visit other forums like reddit. Now you know better for next time :)
  • Options
    Also refreshed twice before I realized I was getting 2 JC or JKG shards and blue mats. Middle finger to the dev for intentionally deceiving us.
  • Options

I don't see how that refutes Bon_El's point. Reddit, the official forums, whatever. We shouldn't have to check the forums every morning before we start playing "just in case" there's an error we need to be aware of. Obviously mistakes are going to happen and people will be inconvenienced, which is where the game makers apologize and compensate people, at least those who actually lost something. Saying "tough luck, it's your fault, you should've checked" is a **** response and it's just rude, frankly.
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Also refreshed twice before I realized I was getting 2 JC or JKG shards and blue mats. Middle finger to the dev for intentionally deceiving us.

It could be a mistake...... Remember all the other untested releases.
  • Options
    Not misleading at all, but I know reading instead of assuming is hard for some...
  • Options
    I just got duped as well I want my crystals back its false advertising doesn't say chance of or max just there to draw you in to spend cash on crystals seems typical of this game now money money money very peeved off now
  • Options
    **** wrote: »
    Not misleading at all, but I know reading instead of assuming is hard for some...

You're an ****. It completely misleading . There is no explanation on how its structured. There is no base unit for credits lisited. If you recieve credits as rewards, you should get the listed amount.

Ha! Possible rewards...do you always get 5 lvl three ability mats from the ability mats challenge...