Anybody else getting bored?

Prev1
ASD_Dad
205 posts Member
See title.

Game started for me for one reason - collect Star Wars characters. I have loved SW since the first movie came out. I literally wore the VHS tape out watching it so many times as a kid. (speaking of which I miss the Original movies, not the CGI remasters) I wanted to get the toons I always liked in the franchise and it was cool to play a game with them with decent graphics and game play. I had no idea about crystals and farming, Arena Ranks, sniping, gearing, etc. I got a toon and played the team. It was only when I got stuck on a level that I searched for help and found the EA forum.

I started playing in early December. I now have a lot of toons. I have most of the toons that I want (at least the ones I can get). Even after I learned about everything I didnt care about Arena rank or gear, I wanted more toons!

So today. Well, I have the toons. And I am BORED to death lately. The gear grind is ridiculous. Yes, I know they dont want everybody to have a gear 11 toon or gear 11 squad but come on now. Teebo needs 200 Carbanti sensors to get to Gear 10. Two Hundred! Plus stun guns, cuffs and that bloody Droid Caller that never shows up (seriously, never. Not once, ever). Add in all the other toons that need raid only gear or you can buy gear at $10 to $25 USD a pop (uh, I can buy a full game for a piece of GEAR).

All this to what end? Seriously, what is the point now? My Arena rank went from the 1000 range to the under 100 range even up to 50 or lower. OK, so what? I get more crystals to hit the Sim button more times to hopefully get a piece of gear that I need TWO HUNDRED of.... Or I hit the Sim button to get shards for the next toon to promote. I am starting to get toons out of boredom now! Biggs, sure. Ackbar, why not? Tusken Raider, OK. Are those toons good? Sure (well not sure about Biggs and TR). Do I use them. Ever. Nope. Only in challenges and raids.

So raids are new. We fight the same battle all the time hoping for good RNG. I hope TM down sticks. I hope I can retreat. I hope I dont get eaten. Etc. Then we win the same awards from Challenges! Or if we do win needed gear I get 8 pcs when I need 100+.

To top it off even if I wanted to spend more money (which I dont at this point), why? If I bought 10 vaults it would barely help my team. I cant get the gear!! Even if I wanted to spend a hundred bucks on just gear, I cant! That Droid Caller has never once dropped in shipments and I check constantly. I got two furnaces to show up and that is it for unubtanium raid gear. Period.

Yes, I can save up 8000 crystals for Guild gear (x 2 to craft one piece). Even placing well in raids and doing daily guild activities that is still up to two weeks of saving for ONE piece of gear. Gee, in two and a half Months I can save up enough to gear up one team...

Again. Anybody getting bored? I know I am getting burned out. I even swapped out Arena to Ewoks weeks ago since I thought they were fun and different. Even that is getting old now. Arena is the same teams over and over. GW was nerfed but at least I am throwing in seldom used toons now just for fun. I actually miss the old old GW with regular retreat and force close days. I used each node as a test bed and had to use near my full roster.

Replies

  • Yes
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Allenb60
    2125 posts Member
    Maybe its time to take a break, no reason to waste your time on something you don't enjoy, or try doing all your battles "afk" with minimal effort, that way your progress wont suffer for when there is eventually new stuff added, honestly the most recent event should have helped with this issue but no one seems to like it
  • Definitely, its just a never ending gring for gear. The raid was fun at first especially T6 but T7 has been disappointing with just how easy it is. None of the events are engaging and the arena has become stale.

    I feel the reason why gear is locked behind the raid and a ridiculously rng system is to keep slow down everyonez progression while they create new content but it just made the game borring.
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    I am not quite at the level you've come to but I wanted to reply because I appreciate your honesty and experience. I can defientely see that happening and I was almost there and then guilds came out - and then I realized guilds must be mastered giving me another milestone. I can see this experiencing happening again.

    But I do think the dev's are aware of this and they will keep the game a bit fresh to ensure this doesn't happen to everyone.

    The events recently are very cool and they give a way for old players to try multiple different team options (because they little easier I can try out my 5* toons). There are many ways to keep it fresh and I think the dev's are looking to unleash more.

    Hang in there. And if you aren't having fun hang in there keep up the dailies and then maybe the game will strike you again.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    I don't know if I'm getting bored or maybe just more disgusted with the way the game is going. The constant cry for nerfs, the dumbing down of the yoda event, and now I can auto-fight my way through Galatic wars. It's kinda like what's the point of playing anymore. I've felt this way about games before, not long afterwards they have been deleted from my device and I move on to something else. Other than getting my Vader to 7* there isn't anything on this game that motivates me to play. Oh yeah and why should I try to 7* Vader...so the $tupid vader police that play this game can report me for cheating? Yeah like I really want that hassle. FtG! and Faot!
    Ignorant people are only relevant when people make them so. Ignore them and they will remain ignorant as well as irrelevant.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Im not bored yet.
    Anena mundanity is trying, though.
    Gw has lost its challenge...

    I suppose its getting closer
  • The game will get more boring with time. The complainers always get there way as was seen with GW. As soon as someone cannot win something the solution is to make it easier.
  • Allenb60
    2125 posts Member
    The game will get more boring with time. The complainers always get there way as was seen with GW. As soon as someone cannot win something the solution is to make it easier.

    That was adjusted for the high level players since there was a huge spike in difficulty but the rewards did not scale enough for it to be worth doing, overall the update improved gameplay
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    The game will get more boring with time. The complainers always get there way as was seen with GW. As soon as someone cannot win something the solution is to make it easier.

    That was adjusted for the high level players since there was a huge spike in difficulty but the rewards did not scale enough for it to be worth doing, overall the update improved gameplay

    Have to agree to disagree there; I don't find 12 auto battles good gameplay. I think they got the balance wrong.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Yes, the game is getting bored for me sadly.
    Raid battle takes too much time.
  • Hopefully Ships will appear and give us something new and interesting to do.
  • Allenb60
    2125 posts Member
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    The game will get more boring with time. The complainers always get there way as was seen with GW. As soon as someone cannot win something the solution is to make it easier.

    That was adjusted for the high level players since there was a huge spike in difficulty but the rewards did not scale enough for it to be worth doing, overall the update improved gameplay

    Have to agree to disagree there; I don't find 12 auto battles good gameplay. I think they got the balance wrong.

    A lot of people just didn't touch Galactic War because it was just too time consuming for the base rewards, why should people with high power level teams be discouraged for doing a game mode when low level power teams aren't so hindered
  • They are intentionally trying to slow our progression, which is manifested in the credit crunch,& unobtainable gear & huge farming requirements with low drop rates. This slowness is what causes frustration and ultimately boredom.
    They should speed up our progression and keep freshness in new characters (which they do give us, but we can't use them! I mean, if you want a usable new char, you are limited by the credits and gear so that it'll be several months before you can use him.... frustrating and annoying and then.... boring).
    If progression was faster, we'd be less frustrated and might even re-open our wallets to assist progression further and support the game.
    Right now, any and all $$ is not effective in progression unless you spend thousands.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    The game will get more boring with time. The complainers always get there way as was seen with GW. As soon as someone cannot win something the solution is to make it easier.

    That was adjusted for the high level players since there was a huge spike in difficulty but the rewards did not scale enough for it to be worth doing, overall the update improved gameplay

    Have to agree to disagree there; I don't find 12 auto battles good gameplay. I think they got the balance wrong.

    A lot of people just didn't touch Galactic War because it was just too time consuming for the base rewards, why should people with high power level teams be discouraged for doing a game mode when low level power teams aren't so hindered

    You're answering points I didn't make. I'm aware of all the previous woes with GW, I just disagree with your point that the update they made improved gameplay. I think it did the opposite as now it's just more auto battles, which, for me at least, is not fun.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    I'm having a blast
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Aniema wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm getting bored or maybe just more disgusted with the way the game is going. The constant cry for nerfs, the dumbing down of the yoda event, and now I can auto-fight my way through Galatic wars. It's kinda like what's the point of playing anymore. I've felt this way about games before, not long afterwards they have been deleted from my device and I move on to something else. Other than getting my Vader to 7* there isn't anything on this game that motivates me to play. Oh yeah and why should I try to 7* Vader...so the $tupid vader police that play this game can report me for cheating? Yeah like I really want that hassle. FtG! and Faot!

    +1
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    I agree they've probably gone overboard with the progression block, but the biggest issue for me is that so much of the roster simply isn't viable. In theory there should be a myriad of options and combinations for players to try out, but the reality is that only a handful of toons are competitive. The rest of the roster is just broken toons or undergeared trash. And rather than fix the existing roster, they just keep throwing out more toons and grabbing for more money.
  • Allenb60
    2125 posts Member
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    The game will get more boring with time. The complainers always get there way as was seen with GW. As soon as someone cannot win something the solution is to make it easier.

    That was adjusted for the high level players since there was a huge spike in difficulty but the rewards did not scale enough for it to be worth doing, overall the update improved gameplay

    Have to agree to disagree there; I don't find 12 auto battles good gameplay. I think they got the balance wrong.

    A lot of people just didn't touch Galactic War because it was just too time consuming for the base rewards, why should people with high power level teams be discouraged for doing a game mode when low level power teams aren't so hindered

    You're answering points I didn't make. I'm aware of all the previous woes with GW, I just disagree with your point that the update they made improved gameplay. I think it did the opposite as now it's just more auto battles, which, for me at least, is not fun.

    Come on, my original post was that galactic war was not worth it for high level players, then you talk about how auto battles are not good enough gameplay (nothing about why it was changed), then I restate my original post to emphasize what I meant, then your next post claims I didn't address your point...
    That's a bit hypocritical but to properly respond to your recent reply all I can say is that galactic war was not fun for all players, and I said the update improved gameplay overall because it benefited all players when before specific groups weren't getting sufficient results before.
    Galactic war still hasn't lost its enjoyable factors if your willing to use lower power teams in your roster, its just before it would only count your best possible team for matchups even if you didn't use it
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    C3POwn wrote: »
    I'm having a blast

    +1
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Jazz66 wrote: »
    I just disagree with your point that the update they made improved gameplay. I think it did the opposite as now it's just more auto battles, which, for me at least, is not fun.

    The whole "GW sucks now because I can auto it" is probably the worst and most often picked-apart argument on the topic. Nobody is making you auto it. If you want it to be harder, change up your synergies, leaders, toons, use some lower level heroes - the options to make it harder for yourself are plentiful, if that's what you really want.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Fair point, and a good excuse to use those idle toons. Next reset I'll see how far I can get with my NS team.
  • I am bored
  • Frustrated. Not bored. I wish I could try different characters and squads. This game doesn't allow you to do that. I'm content building what I have, but it always makes me wonder why they bother adding new characters. Who gets to try them out? Whales? Normal players have to wait to watch whale videos to determine if they wanna waste the credits on the character. Just gets frustrating.
  • Every MMO is a gear grind at max level.
  • Same here. Bored and quite burned out. In fact, did not complete a few daily activities, due to sheer boredom of having to do the same thing over and over again for the last 6 months.

    Contemplating to quit the game for other more healthy activities...

    Perhaps, only ships can save this game now.
  • lovecheese wrote: »
    Every MMO is a gear grind at max level.

    You're thinking of MMORPGs. This is not one of those.
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    There are many solutions to this problem.


    They could do a gauntlet. And you can only choose a character once. As the gauntlet progresses you will need more challenging toons. So the early levels you can use your lower level toonsthwn as you progress you'll have to save your 6* level 80.
  • I'm bored of the unnecessary RNG gating on my progression at every point.

    I cant get my Vader to 6* because he's only shown up in shard exchange twice since the level 80 update.

    I cant progress a number of my characters in gear because I've never pulled droid caller salvage on a T7 raid, nor will they appear in shipments for me.

    Things could be done in a different way, but it seems they pick the most annoying each time.
  • Yes, the game is a shiit
  • I've only been playing four or so months, and I am starting to also feel a bit bored and I have not even tried to go for any of the new characters, not worth my time and certainly not worth my hard earned money.
Sign In or Register to comment.