The Guild Raiders - Future Raids Discussion

evergoo
175 posts Member
edited June 2016
Be honest. Do you think our guild is ready for T6 raids? Please vote below and provide rationale. Discussion for T6 raid strategies also belong here. :)

In addition, please use this thread to suggest future raid schedules. This may include change in days, times, and tier levels. We raid 4 times per week. :smiley:

The Guild Raiders - Future Raids Discussion 11 votes

We are READY for T6 Raids
54%
Dookiedog68evergooSokkarggulski84LikirthCocoRen 6 votes
We are NOT READY for T6 Raids YET
45%
jefnoodatoyodaEscapeArtist51Doggirl211Pulecs 5 votes

Replies

• evergoo
    175 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think we are ready for T6 raids because we can clear T5 with no refresh and without a full guild participation.

I believe T6 should be the last raid day of the week and the strongest raiders should participate in Phase 1, especially teams with a Teebo squad.

Lastly, I do not mind volunteering as T6 tribute, lol.
    Post edited by evergoo on
  • Options
    Good evening. New to the guild. We are ready for T6 but need to somehow lv up our lower lv guild players so we can catch fire and take on T7. My team is above average but willing to become a tribute also.
  • Options
    In the interest of moving forward and gearing up our toons, i believe we need to try a T6 raid. Just over 12 hours and we completed today's raid and not all members even got a turn. We could all use some fully crafted gear! Let's give it a shot.

P.S. I have a 7 * lvl 80 teboo 1piece away from g9 ready to lead the charge.
  • Options
    We are ready to kill a stronger Rancor. We need to prepare for level 7. I just leveled my teebo to 7* level 74, and one Mk 5A/KT Stun Gun from level 9 gear. I don't know what it means to be a tribute, but i am ready if needed. On to Level 6 as often as we are able to clear it in a day. I am happy to expend all my toons on the silly guards if needed.
  • evergoo
    175 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    For our first T6 raid, I think we should do it on Saturday or Sunday (our 4th or 5th raid of this week). The goal is to make sure we have almost no Guild Bank Coins before entering T6, just in case it takes us multiple refreshes.

As for T6 Phase 1, we need to coordinate carefully. The strongest players should go first and send out ONLY ONE A TEAM; no B/C/D/E Teams. Please do not hesitate to Escape valuable toons or retreat the attempt altogether.

The best A Teams for P1 include a team focused on dps, turn meter reduction, and most importantly, a strong leader. Strong leaders include Teebo, Ackbar, and Phasma.

Anything else to add, guildies?
  • Doggirl211
    240 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If the current thinking is still what you were saying last week @Evergoo, that "the number of hours it took to complete T5 = the number of days it will take to complete T6", that would mean it would take us about 12 days to complete. That's 12 days with NO gbc earned, no credits, no T5 gear etc from raiding. Add that to the number of people that don't even have any or very few 6* toons and I think we may not be ready yet. There are at least a few guild mates that would receive ZERO rewards because they don't have even 1 6* toon to get on the board with.

I'm not saying we should wait until everyone is lvl 80 with a full roster of 7* toons! And believe me, I'd love to start getting some better rewards from the raiding, but if it's going to take almost 2 weeks to complete, that's a lot of time not earning anything. IF that theory/formula has changed and I just don't know it, then obviously, my thoughts will be different!
    Post edited by Doggirl211 on
  • Options
    Doggirl211 thanks again for invite to the guild. Could we go all out in a V6 raid finish then go to V5 or even V4 to help out the other guild players? Alternate raid levels? Just some thoughts.
  • evergoo
    175 posts Member
    Options
    @Geekpreacher can speak on this more than I can, but building off of CocoRen's suggestion...

Maybe our future raid schedule could be T4 on Mondays, T5 on Wednesdays/Fridays, and T6 on Saturdays. Thoughts? Just thinking out loud and throwing out ideas. :)
  • Options
    Off topic. I know I'm new to the guild but will be on vacation from Thursday to Sunday and slim chance of having connection. Would like to keep my spot in the guild but you gotta do what you gotta do. No worries.
  • evergoo
    175 posts Member
    Options
    Super in-depth guide to phase 1 of Tier 6 raid. Highly recommended read! :)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/43072/party-time-or-phase-1-t6-raid-strategy-guide
  • evergoo
    175 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Watch this video. As @Pulecs and @Doggirl211 suggested, I don't think we are ready. G9 toons got murdered by the Captain's Minions.

First video is 2.96% damage with G9 toons and Arena Power of 33,000+.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2sqFxyd4kc

Here's another video. 1.27% damage with Teebo lead and Arena Power of 32,000+.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPQQ8YE1X90
    Post edited by evergoo on
  • Options
    @Evergoo and others,

I still don't think we're ready for T6, but to be fair, it doesn't seem like either of those guys in the videos actually understand the mechanics of that fight or their characters abilities. They were hitting the guard on the right when they should've been stunning the guard on the left, wasting a chance at TM reduction on the guards instead of the capt, trying to stun the capt when they should've been trying to stun the guard on the left etc.

It may not have made any difference either way, but I'm not sure those particular videos are the best example of why we shouldn't try T6! Still....it is a really good example of how much harder the pigs hit in T6 than T5! I'm working hard to get my P1 guys to G9, but dang those purple drops are hard to come by, ugh!
  • Options
    Just read the guide link you posted @Evergoo. That's the strategy I use and even though I don't have the exact characters they're using, if I have time to work it, I can usually get 800k+ in P1. Not the best damage for sure, but it just shows that even if you don't have the exact chars at max everything, if you use the right strategy, you can get great numbers!

Good find!