Same old same old arena

After playing for quite a long time now I'm finding that the arena is getting a bit dull and it's because of one reason :

Same characters making up the same teams with different names.

Whatever happened to people experimenting with new teams and layouts?? God forbid your not bring along lumi and sid to the party.

Is this just me or does anyone else see what I mean?? Is being different really that bad in this game??
-Spud, ally code 337-127-347

Replies

• bologne
    141 posts Member
    Options
    lumi and sid...... tell me you are joking. I maxxed Lumi and it was the biggest waste of gear I could have come up with. It's not our fault that the best players have been identified that the game gods suck at balancing toons, and that it is too hard to gear up and experiment with new toons. The effort that goes into making a gear 11 toon is ridiculous, and gearing a toon that far is a gamble. I'll leave it to the whales to figure that out. Mostly the game gods (****) have totally ruined potency on a crap ton of toons. Sid... 0 potency.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    What's your arena power/rank? If I saw Lumi and/or Sid in an arena team I'd probably soil myself with joy.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • bologne
    141 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Listen you can pretty much tell if a toon is even worth the time. Go look at max stats. Do you see over 100% potency. Does the toon have good tenacity? What you see is that tons of toons have been completely ruined. While your at it why don't you convince people to use slow toons like Jedi Guardian. You'll notice pretty quick that some toons have been rendered completely pointless because they can't proc negative effects on anyone.

Until the game designers bridge some of the speed imbalances, and the absolute fumble potency/tenacity disaster you are only going to see toons that are actually effective.
  • Options
    I think it depends on where you are at in Arena, being near the top is going to be very samey as people use the most effective characters to get those top spots, I think if you go down past 100 maybe even 200 there is a lot more variation, just depends on if you want good rewards of diverse teams to fight.
    Inglorious Blasters I Guild Leader I 'We drink a lot of tea.'
  • bologne
    141 posts Member
    Options
    Another thing I have been thinking would be awesome is just fundamentally alter arena. Make it 6 players (with 2 leaders like in challenges) for 7 minutes. **** not? it would create some of the most interesting dynamics.
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    I think it depends on where you are at in Arena, being near the top is going to be very samey as people use the most effective characters to get those top spots, I think if you go down past 100 maybe even 200 there is a lot more variation, just depends on if you want good rewards of diverse teams to fight.

Thats exatly how my server is on my main acc the lower you go the more weird fun new and diverse team there is sweet spot is 500-1 k weirdos everywhere with some meta teams lolz
  • Options
    Then change the teams in arena. Change starts with you. Unique, non-meta/op squads can do well in arena.
  • Options
    Like this ^^^
    Nospa Taktak of the Dads guild
    "Who's your daddy, now?"
    Playing since Christmas Day 2015