Shatterpoint?

Prev1
SlyGambit
1246 posts Member
edited December 2015
I'm obviously missing something. What's the trick to preventing shatterpoint from triggering on the final round of the tank challenge? I've tried damaging bots and killing bots but it continues to trigger. I only have 2 tanks so even at lvl 35 they're getting knocked out in 3-4 rounds.

Still not sure whether this mission or the 4-L nade spam is more annoying.

Replies

• Ben
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I believe everytine you hit the bot, their timer decreases. So as long as you give them a hit every now and then windu wont instakill.
  • Options
    Finding a third tank will make Windu's shatterpoint a non issue. Once you have the 3rd tank just go right at WIndu and you'll be golden!
  • Options
    I've never seen the shatter point skill. I just always jump windu and ignore the others. Stage is cleared once he dies, no matter who else is left.
  • Options
    Oh so it just reduces the timer rather than resets it. I guess that makes sense. I figured a couple more tanks would make this a non-issue but it is a ridiculous power.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Ben wrote: »
    I believe everytine you hit the bot, their timer decreases. So as long as you give them a hit every now and then windu wont instakill.

Thank you, this made this previously-unbeatable challenge pretty easy for me now.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    The trick is:
    Assuming you have the two basic tanks (chewie, and guard), you save your taunt and armor up, for the bossfight.
    If it marks your guard, use Chewie tant and if it marks your guard, use the armor ability, so the debuff disappears. This way you can stay alive long enough to defeat Windu.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone have any tips for dealing with this in Tier II? I only have Chewie, the royal guard and other than Chewie they are at low levels and don't even make it to the third fight.
    I hate to waste training droids on characters I only use for this one battle but I want the Tier II materials so trying to figure out what the minimum is I can do here. :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Well I tried leveling up my two secondary guys but I have no hope at Tier II at this level unfortunately. :( Even his basic skill tears through my guys. This is so disappointing as I really need those items. :(
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone in the 40s able to do Tier II on this and willing to share some secrets? It's there today and IIRC also tomorrow (because they are all there on Sunday) and I really want those mats. :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    ARGH. I just wasted a bunch of training droids on these stiffs to get them to level 40 and still can't do it.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Okay I cannot make sense of this challenge. Even when I regularly hit the bots so that their energy bars never get filled up, he still does the -100000 thing on me. Anyone got any ideas? This is Tier II I am stubbornly trying to do (Tier I is easy at this point.)
    Thanks.
  • Options
    I don't think it's too hard,you should invest at your tank imgur.com/DnPfPFl
    imgur.com/CGwgUQW
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It would be more useful if you told us what you were using and what your strategy was than posting a picture of the rewards.
  • Options
    There is a pic of my team which i used,4*Chewie and 4*Fives with gear V can stand even Mace Windu special,i just blow up him in some turn.
  • Options
    Mace Windu applies the Shatterpoint debuff (+100% Defense Penetration) to a character, which looks like a red version of the "Advantage" buff.

This debuff lasts for one turn, and can be removed by casting any buff on the affected character.

A list of basic tank abilities that most players should have:
    • First Order Stormtrooper - The Order Relentless (self buff)
    • Clone Wars Chewie - Defiant Roar (self buff); Wookiee Resolve (Leader, level 3, self buff on whoever procs it)
    • Royal Guard - Imperial Phalanx (team buff)

You can also use Chewie's taunt if an ally has the Shatterpoint debuff with no way to cleanse it in order to prevent Mace Windu from one shotting them.

Finally, attacking the support droids will reset their turn meter, preventing them from helping Mace Windu.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks Slushie, that is very helpful.
    I have those exact characters, but I think I'm just too newbie for this. Even when I fend off the Shatterpoint, his basic attacks do 3k+ on my level 40 royal guard and stormtrooper and they are basically done. And they don't do enough damage to get him.
    My Chewie is level 43 and decked out with good gear but it's not enough.
    I am not sure it makes sense to blow 100s of training droids trying to level the other 2 from 40 to 43 when this is literally all I will use them for very soon. At some point I'll have Boba Fett and that should make this much more doable. I'll just do the Tier I thing I guess. :/
  • Options
    I'm guessing Mace Windu in the Tier 2 challenge is actually closer to level 50 for him to be causing you guys so much trouble but there's no way for us to tell unless someone from CG confirms it for us.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    My geared lvl 41 Mace was dealing with him no problem by comparison.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    Mace, Royal guard, plo ****, Jedi guardian and fives can auto through this on tier 2
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Slushie, I owe you a virtual beer because with your help even my limp crew (43 Chewie, 40 Guard, 40 Stormtrooper) was able to beat this on Tier II.
    I had thought I needed to hit the droids to avoid the Shatterpoint thing but this was a complete waste of time that was squandering my anemic offense. I now ignore them and focus on Mace, taunting with Chewie to keep the other two alive longer and applying buffs as needed. It usually works, sometimes just barely but a win is a win. :)
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    @Slushie, I owe you a virtual beer because with your help even my limp crew (43 Chewie, 40 Guard, 40 Stormtrooper) was able to beat this on Tier II.
    I had thought I needed to hit the droids to avoid the Shatterpoint thing but this was a complete waste of time that was squandering my anemic offense. I now ignore them and focus on Mace, taunting with Chewie to keep the other two alive longer and applying buffs as needed. It usually works, sometimes just barely but a win is a win. :)

Glad to hear it :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Of course now I am stuck on the one with the two bosses with the debuffs that wear off slowly. I can do Tier I and know the right strategy for Tier II. I just don't have enough attackers high enough level to do enough damage to kill them. Not even close. Oh well, I didn't need those purple things anyway. ;)
  • Options
    Challenger for attacker? you just need some attacker-healer such as luminara,ahsoka to survive your whole team till the final encounter,luminara's ability block work well against those bosses.
  • Slushie
    425 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @Qeltar wrote: »
    Of course now I am stuck on the one with the two bosses with the debuffs that wear off slowly. I can do Tier I and know the right strategy for Tier II. I just don't have enough attackers high enough level to do enough damage to kill them. Not even close. Oh well, I didn't need those purple things anyway. ;)

Killing support droids give you an Advantage buff I think so you do extra damage to the two bosses.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Slushie wrote: »
    Killing support droids give you an Advantage buff I think so you do extra damage to the two bosses.

Yes, and I am doing that. I just don't have enough offense yet to finish the bosses on Tier II. Thanks.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Surprising to no-one, unlocking Darth Sidious made this... easier. :)
  • Options
    Ya to do tier 2 you need 3 characters I think. I only got red guard and chewy and can't do it.
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Tier 2 is very difficult without unlocking a decent tank. Chewie, royal guard and FO stormtrooper won't cut it unlessential your invest heavily in themail, and besides chewie that would be a waste.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Tier 2 can be done with a level 50 Chewie properly geared, and Royal Guard and Stormtrooper at 40 and moderately geared.
    Get through the first two rounds focusing fire on the AoE attackers.
    Third round goes as follows:
    - Ignore the droids.
    - Everyone gets at least one free shot on Mace. Be sure that Chewie's taunt is up before Mace gets a turn.
    - Mace attacks Chewie, puts Shatterpoint up.
    - Everyone keep attacking. On Chewie's first turn, use his defense boost / heal, which removes Shatterpoint.
    - At level 40 your guys should be able to withstand a regular hit from Mace. If he hits the trooper next, use his defense ability to remove it. If he hits Chewie again or the guard, use the guard's ability.
    - Keep focusing him down.
    This works roughly 80-90% of the time with those levels and gets easier as you level Chewie up.
    PS In my previous post I meant Boba Fett, not Sidious. Boba makes this trivial.
  • Options
    I failed repeatedly with Royal guard and chewy through level 50. Got one more tank (teebo) and it became easy. No need to focus on anything but mace. He won't be able to get shatter point off. Of course I picked up the first order trooper, Poe, and fives all within 2 more days so now I have 6 and weeks of just having two. Hilariousness.