G8 Rey Just One-Shot My...

Prev1
Yudoka
1274 posts Member
G10 88 who had full protection while I missed her multiple times due to Dooku lead. What am I doing wrong?
They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.

Replies

• Options
    Bad RNG, as someone who also runs a droid team I fell your pain
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Gear 8 Rey? If so...then a lot of things. How many buffs she had on her besides the obvious offense up and advantage up? Don't have much experience with gear 8 Rey but you need to do something to Rey, especially when she gets those buffs up. Debuff stun or...kill come to mind. I like the 'what i am doing wrong' part. If this turns into what i think it will...there is a megathread for that.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

Jake70 wrote: »

I just experience this all too often. I'm constantly amazed people who argue in favor of these all or nothing type of matches instead of balanced back and forth strategic play. There's zero strategy involved me constantly missing or Rey (or others) killing a maxed out character in a single attack.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Gear 8 Rey? If so...then a lot of things. How many buffs she had on her besides the obvious offense up and advantage up? Don't have much experience with gear 8 Rey but you need to do something to Rey, especially when she gets those buffs up. Debuff stun or...kill come to mind. I like the 'what i am doing wrong' part. If this turns into what i think it will...there is a megathread for that.

The opposing team was Dooku lead, QGJ, GS, ST Han, Rey. All were G8 except for GS who was G9. The total team power was 31,188. She had offense up but I think that was it (I don't believe there's a way for her to get any other buffs on this team?). And as I mentioned, Dooku lead caused me to miss several attacks on her and my G9 RG failed to stun the two times he did manage to land a hit.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

I just experience this all too often. I'm constantly amazed people who argue in favor of these all or nothing type of matches instead of balanced back and forth strategic play. There's zero strategy involved me constantly missing or Rey (or others) killing a maxed out character in a single attack.

The zero strategy part came from you, sorry to say. You did not take the necessary steps in order to avoid that. Make a poll see how many people have trouble with gear 8 (!) Rey.

EDIT: Blame dodge. It happens to all of us, start next fight.
  • Options
    One shot your ego so you needed to complain?
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

The zero strategy part came from you, sorry to say. You did not take the necessary steps in order to avoid that. Make a poll see how many people have trouble with gear 8 (!) Rey.

What strategy did I happen to miss with RNG dodging and apparently RNG massive crit?
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Trollage!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

What strategy did I happen to miss with RNG dodging and apparently RNG massive crit?

That's why i edited.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    One shot your ego so you needed to complain?

Ego has nothing to do with it. It's a balance issue when someone two power levels lower can kill someone in a single hit who's at full health and protection.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options
    88 has the lowest health in game besides darth maul. I would like a small 88 buff because he's classified as a glass canon, but his speed is slow as sthan. He either needs speed boost or health boost.

I know I will get alot of hate because everyone will jump on the JE is OP train.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    88 has the lowest health in game besides darth maul. I would like a small 88 buff because he's classified as a glass canon, but his speed is slow as sthan. He either needs speed boost or health boost.

I know I will get alot of hate because everyone will jump on the JE is OP train.

His health is terribly low (10830) but with protection it's almost 21k. That's what so meh about a Rey two tiers lower being able to kill him in a single shot.

• Options
    Dodge RNG seems to be on steroids today. My Rey missed more leverage and flurry of blow shots today in arena than she landed. Reason I'm saying dodge is on steroids today is cause her specials were dodged today even against non evasion leader teams. When that happens its quite annoying to even use Rey sometimes.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Dodge RNG seems to be on steroids today. My Rey missed more leverage and flurry of blow shots today in arena than she landed. Reason I'm saying dodge is on steroids today is cause her specials were dodged today even against non evasion leader teams. When that happens its quite annoying to even use Rey sometimes.

I really dislike the dodge/evasion mechanic. It's too much all or nothing. I'd much rather see mitigation of certain percentage instead. It would certainly create much more interesting strategic fights than praying you either kill the target or result in zero damage and the same thing on the other side.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    Get used to it. :D
    She does that in 8 of 10 fights when I face her.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    One thing i need mentioning, if you run JE in your droid team (?) you get zero sympathy. I am 100% sure gear 11 ig-86 one shots rey alone without any help before gear 8 Rey can act. So dodge is the only way to protect a toon from that.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    One thing i need mentioning, if you run JE in your droid team (?) you get zero sympathy. I am 100% sure gear 11 ig-86 one shots rey alone without any help before gear 8 Rey can act. So dodge is the only way to protect a toon from that.

@Alexone

I don't. I have a Poggle though I am working on JE for obvious reasons. I've faced JE droid teams and they're insane. They can often take a double turn before your team takes one. And if JE gets nerfed, I won't shed a tear.

But again, I'll point to my general issue of dealing too much damage and relying on dodge. That does not make for fun or strategic games.
  • Options

This. You cant complain about Rey damage when you run droids. 86 with and 88 assist can easily one shot Rey
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

@Alexone

I don't. I have a Poggle though I am working on JE for obvious reasons. I've faced JE droid teams and they're insane. They can often take a double turn before your team takes one. And if JE gets nerfed, I won't shed a tear.

But again, I'll point to my general issue of dealing too much damage and relying on dodge. That does not make for fun or strategic games.

I know, i've actually never seen ig-88 and ig-86 not take two turns before i act which is pretty insane to say the least. Eh...for f2p dodge is the salvation against JE teams. Maybe.
  • Options

If they run a meta team and that happens to them, they get no sympathy from me.(at least droid teams are somewhat interesting)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    There is no strategy in Arena. Every match is 100% RNG or $$$ fueled. Once you accept that you will be much happier.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

If they run a meta team and that happens to them, they get no sympathy from me.(at least droid teams are somewhat interesting)

Droids do damage, Rey does damage, they are pretty much equal in this aspect. Meanwhile, look at Yoda or Dengar, characters that actually make you think a bit if you want to play them optimally. Don't have them geared up yet, don't get me wrong i love ig-88 as leader and ig-86, but together in a droid team with JE...nah!
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options

@Alexone

I know, i've actually never seen ig-88 and ig-86 not take two turns before i act which is pretty insane to say the least. Eh...for f2p dodge is the salvation against JE teams. Maybe.

It's largely because of HK lead. His TM up on crit (50% TM with Omega) triggers for each instance of a crit and not once per attack. So when HK or 88 use their AoE, if at least two of those crit they gain 100% TM. And it's not like they won't get at least that many crits with HK's bonus. And JE usually goes first to give them TM up to allow for this to begin. The patch that was supposed to bring down damage clearly didn't do it's job.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Yudoka I think i've read somewhere that with HK47 omega the droids crit every single time.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Yudoka I think i've read somewhere that with HK47 omega the droids crit every single time.

Han, that's not true. I get plenty of non-crits. But when you AoE, you just have a bunch of targets so usually 2 crits is normal then. 86 does though crit most of the time as between his own basic bonus of 50% and HK's 30%, that's 80% of the time that he should crit which could make it seem like always. The big thing with HK's leader ability is that it gives him 20% TM up up to the 50% mark. As mentioned, that's huge for those back-to-back attacks with due to AoE.

I used my droid team yesterday for the first time in GW and it was stupid easy because of this. On node 8 my guys still had near full protection due to how many turns my droids took and how hard they hit. I finished the run in under 20 mins and my 86 still had most of his protection.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Wow this can't be more false. A G8 Rey can't do 20k of damage and OHKO a G10 88. Yes she's good, but not like that at G8. At G10 i might believe you, but even then the Rey would need offense up and advantage to OHKO a G10 88.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    Wow this can't be more false. A G8 Rey can't do 20k of damage and OHKO a G10 88. Yes she's good, but not like that at G8. At G10 i might believe you, but even then the Rey would need offense up and advantage to OHKO a G10 88.

Don't know what to tell you, but it happened. She probably did have offense up but I don't see her having Advantage on the team she was on.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options

Advantage is not required to score a critical hit. If you say it can happend with Offense Up and Advantage, then it is entirely possible it could happen with just Offense Up. My Rey regularly lands critical hits without Advantage.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Advantage is not required to score a critical hit. If you say it can happend with Offense Up and Advantage, then it is entirely possible it could happen with just Offense Up. My Rey regularly lands critical hits without Advantage.

Yup. Advantage is just 100% crit chance.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Yup. Advantage is just 100% crit chance.

As a side note, my GX Rey can score 22k with Leverage (Omega), and well over 30k with FoB (non-Omega). In fact, I have, multiple times (with OU) OHKO'd a fully maxxed Daka with FoB. Fun times (for me).