raid reward bug?

Prev1
Shemjehu
13 posts Member
edited June 2016
I found an exploitable bug involving collecting multiple raid rewards, I reported it and was later banned, don't try it! It didn't occur to me until the most recent post that I told other people how to do it, I'm sorry for that and am editing my posts. My intention was to accurately report how it happened to get it fixed, I accept my temporary ban and am sorry for exploitation that happened by my unwittingly telling them how.
Post edited by Shemjehu on

Replies

• Options
    I just had the same thing happen. Please don't ban me!!
  • Options
    I just got a furnace and stun cuff salvage. I was excited to use it but they never showed up for me to use. Then I got a second mail with only salvage pieces I didn't need. I feel ripped off
  • Options
    I also initially recieved a full mk 5 arakyd droid caller but it never showed up in my inventory. then 30 seconds later i got another email with only salvage in it. I TOTALLY got hosed, what's up with this EA???
    Also happened to a guild mate of mine, full piece, then sucka!!!! salvage for you!!!
  • Shemjehu
    13 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This is the post where I thought I was updating EA on what specifically triggered the bug and unwittingly ended up telling everyone else how to do it, I'm sorry for any trouble I perpetuated and am editing the information out so I'm not telling everyone exactly how to exploit it. I was banned for this exploit, don't go looking for it!
  • Options
    same with tier 7 rewards, some of the rewards stick and some don't. If i exploited this i could have 7* han in less than 10 minutes. i'm sure someone does already...
  • Options
    I'm in the "please don't ban me camp." I collected I think 3 mails, and each time I went to my characters and the gear wasn't showing up to use. So I tried again, same results. Then I noticed that while the pieces aren't sticking, credits and shards are. You can have them back if you just give me the original rewards I was shown
  • Options
    this is going to be a serious problem, probably 30% of my guild had this happen too. there's going to be a lot of fallout on this one...
  • HOM3R
    9 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've been teporary suspended! Why? For claiming rewards for two hundred times?
    Post edited by attrimap on
  • Options
    wow, they booted you that fast?
  • Options
    Yep, I hope that they will restore my account without any change.
  • Shemjehu
    13 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I can't find any way to stop the bug from triggering, please fix this quickly, it's actually quite difficult to not trigger it and I don't want banned permanently.
  • Options
    Shemjehu wrote: »
    I can't find any way to stop the bug from triggering, you just can't go into the raid information without getting rewarded, please fix this quickly, it's actually quite difficult to not trigger it and I don't want banned...

Yeah, it's too hard I did it 200x :tired_face:
  • TorrentFiend
    35 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Whoops. I guess EA runs a pretty tight ship and things aren't unnoticed. I'm the same username in game EA and I'm hoping you have a item rollback script quickly being deployed to handle this bug. I hope this will be resolved so that I can still take part in daily missions etc. In the future if I see any sort of bug like this I'll be sure to avoid any possible unfair exploitation of it.

Any chance we can get an update on how this is being handled from someone at EA?
    Post edited by TorrentFiend on
  • Options
    I've sent email to EA support few minutes ago. No response yet.
  • Options
    I can't understand why we are banned for EA issue.
  • TorrentFiend
    35 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    HOM3R wrote: »
    I can't understand why we are banned for EA issue.

It's pretty simple to understand why. I'm sure you saw this issue and proceeded like many to abuse it. That sort of activity isn't unnoticed at EA especially when many are doing so in mass they probably temporarily suspended any accounts abusing the heck out of it to stop the bleeding. Now they can issue a script rolling back the items or something. Hopefully this happens quick as we cant progress or help our guild while suspended. I just unlocked Old Ben also....dang.
    Post edited by TorrentFiend on
  • Options
    I've been temporarily banned now, the guy that first reported it so they would fix it. I even warned my guild against it. I understand I "unfairly" profited from it, but I didn't do it tons of times and it wasn't to get free stuff, but to accurately report...
  • Options
    Anyone know how temporary this temporary ban is? I'm positive there are tons and tons of people really upset about their "punishment," and I didn't even get to try the new event. I'm not too happy that I reported a bug and then got banned for it when it was an error in someone else's coding, I accept a temporary ban because of how much I did 'profit' from it, but I hope it's only until the problem is solved, I'm sure there are a lot of people who collected substantially larger amounts than I did and it's pretty difficult to put a "free stuff button" in front of people and expect them not to push it, at least I honestly reported it and figured out exactly what triggered it, your welcome.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Why don't you edit your original post from how it is done to you exploited it and got banned as a warning to others. The following is quoted from TOS. Again, might want to do a little editing.

"Users that promote hacking, torrenting, or exploits will be banned indefinitely."
  • Shemjehu
    13 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thank you Doga, it actually didn't occur to me that I basically told everyone exactly how to abuse the bug, I've since edited the information out and feel really dumb that it took someone pointing it out for me to realize I helped others (unintentionally) learn how to go and abuse it for themselves:(
  • Options
    HOM3R please edit your post quoting me telling how to exploit the bug.
  • Shemjehu
    13 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It won't let me close the reply window... never mind, another testament to how dumb I am
  • TorrentFiend
    35 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Anyone know how temporary this temporary ban is?

Obviously stopping it is the first part, then Im sure they need to fix the bug and patch it which might not have happened yet or will soon happen probably. Then rolling back account activity and taking away any ill gotten rewards is probably step 3. Who knows they might roll back all ill gotten loot and offer some crystals or something to all players as an apology for allowing such a bug to happen in the first place. I wouldn't expect a fast fix though I think we're probably looking at at least 24 hours here. It's probably a safe bet to say that anything you were wanting to participate in tonight or possibly tomorrow you should just forget about for 24 hours and find some real life stuff to keep you busy in the meantime. I've heard the gameplay sucks but Real Life has great graphics.
  • Skeevewalker
    16 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I found an exploitable bug involving collecting multiple raid rewards, I reported it and was later banned, don't try it! It didn't occur to me until the most recent post that I told other people how to do it, I'm sorry for that and am editing my posts. My intention was to accurately report how it happened to get it fixed, I accept my temporary ban and am sorry for exploitation that happened by my unwittingly telling them how.

I got banned too. This is BULL. In law enforcement this is called "entrapment". You dont create a temptation and then punish people for falling for it. I am so ticked off at this now. I refuse to spend another dime on this game.

• Options

I got banned too.

If I accidently leave my my front door open when I leave the house, do I deserve to be robbed repeatedly? Well neither do EA!!! You knew what you were doing was wrong, don't do the crime if you can't handle the time.
  • Skeevewalker
    16 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Anyone know how temporary this temporary ban is?

Obviously stopping it is the first part, then Im sure they need to fix the bug and patch it which might not have happened yet or will soon happen probably. Then rolling back account activity and taking away any ill gotten rewards is probably step 3. Who knows they might roll back all ill gotten loot and offer some crystals or something to all players as an apology for allowing such a bug to happen in the first place. I wouldn't expect a fast fix though I think we're probably looking at at least 24 hours here. It's probably a safe bet to say that anything you were wanting to participate in tonight or possibly tomorrow you should just forget about for 24 hours and find some real life stuff to keep you busy in the meantime. I've heard the gameplay sucks but Real Life has great graphics.

Are you banned too Shem? Maybe we are all "banned" while they fix it... I can live with that, lol.

• Options
    couple folks in my guild got banned, they did it around 10 times, so they really are trying to nail everyone it seems.
  • Options
    Are you banned too Shem? Maybe we are all "banned" while they fix it... I can live with that, lol.

We are not "banned" our accounts are only temporarily suspended is all. As far as I know I doubt that they would actually ban anyone that didn't do anything but play the game that they give us. I mean its not ethical to do what many did but its not like anyone was hacking or anything. Its just a bug that EA allowed and they created the situation. We just have to wait for the fix is all and learn our lesson. Next time we see something like this well know not to take advantage because with a game like this there's 0 doubt that this sort of activity is being seen and will get acted on if abused.
  • Options
    see, you should have just "gamed" the system and brought in alts constantly for the last month so you could do multiple raids a day like end game guilds. that's they way you're supposed to get unlimited guild rewards. no temp bans for that, totally legit to take advantage of a bug lol...
  • Options

We are not "banned" our accounts are only temporarily suspended is all. As far as I know I doubt that they would actually ban anyone that didn't do anything but play the game that they give us. I mean its not ethical to do what many did but its not like anyone was hacking or anything. Its just a bug that EA allowed and they created the situation. We just have to wait for the fix is all and learn our lesson. Next time we see something like this well know not to take advantage because with a game like this there's 0 doubt that this sort of activity is being seen and will get acted on if abused.

Would you like to bet on that?

This discussion has been closed.