Dear droid users, advice?

Kebab
179 posts Member
I unlocked JE finally but he's only 4 stars now and can get em up to G9 butw will i be able to use him in the arena top 50? Or is it too soon?
And what would you suggest as 5th character
I would use HK lead, JE, IG88, IG86
And options for the 5th are : poggle, rey, RG, GS (yes with maxed hives for 50% tm as well)

Replies

• Options
    For 5th use RG. I use that setup and get top 3 daily. I would use JE at that level (and did when I unlocked him way back) since you are using him to speed up your droids, not to deal a lot of damage. Depending on your server you should be able to break top 50.
  • Kebab
    179 posts Member
    Options
    For 5th use RG. I use that setup and get top 3 daily. I would use JE at that level (and did when I unlocked him way back) since you are using him to speed up your droids, not to deal a lot of damage. Depending on your server you should be able to break top 50.
    Okay thank you for the advice, weird thing is that there is a team like yours completely maxed but they are stuck around rank 50 i can't understand it i'd think they would to way better

• Options
    Kebab wrote: »
    Okay thank you for the advice, weird thing is that there is a team like yours completely maxed but they are stuck around rank 50 i can't understand it i'd think they would to way better

Maybe their gear isn't maxed or they never pushed to get lower? I'm on an early December server so they can be viable on an old server.
  • Kebab
    179 posts Member
    Options

Maybe their gear isn't maxed or they never pushed to get lower? I'm on an early December server so they can be viable on an old server.
    I don't know that, but i have another question, i just did my first battle with JE but every team uses RG, do you use all the attacks on round one on RG or to already damage others?
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I don't know that, but i have another question, i just did my first battle with JE but every team uses RG, do you use all the attacks on round one on RG or to already damage others?

You'll need some practice against RG. I always target the biggest threat so usually Rey or Leia. The trick is to damage down your target to just above 50% health so RG's taunt doesn't activate. Then use 88 or 86 to take out the target in one hit.

EDIT: I forgot to mention ST Han. If a team has him, I want him dead before he taunts to prevent all that TM.
  • Kebab
    179 posts Member
    Options

You'll need some practice against RG. I always target the biggest threat so usually Rey or Leia. The trick is to damage down your target to just above 50% health so RG's taunt doesn't activate. Then use 88 or 86 to take out the target in one hit.

EDIT: I forgot to mention ST Han. If a team has him, I want him dead before he taunts to prevent all that TM.
    Thanks for the advice again! Pretty fun slaying teams with 35k power when i'm at 28k haha

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If the team does not have rey or han or i suppose leia, or daka or jawas, then yes it is perfectly good strategy to focus on RG, first. Stun is lethal to droids. RG must die fast. By focusing on RG, aoe will slow the rest of the team, and u can divert and one shot another toon when the life bars and tm bars dictate.

• Rebel
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I'm using the same lineup: HK, 88, 86, RG, and JE. Started w/ a 4* JE, g9. I've been enjoying arena ever since.

I'm sure the lineup is easy to beat on defense, but I feel like most people would rather fight someone else. Because it "can" get ugly.
  • Kebab
    179 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    If the team does not have rey or han or i suppose leia, or daka or jawas, then yes it is perfectly good strategy to focus on RG, first. Stun is lethal to droids. RG must die fast. By focusing on RG, aoe will slow the rest of the team, and u can divert and one shot another toon when the life bars and tm bars dictate.

It's hard because if i focus on rey first i can't completely kill her, only if i'm lucky but most of the time she is in red and then i still have to fight the full RG so won nothing actually

• Kebab
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Rebel wrote: »
    I'm using the same lineup: HK, 88, 86, RG, and JE. Started w/ a 4* JE, g9. I've been enjoying arena ever since.

I'm sure the lineup is easy to beat on defense, but I feel like most people would rather fight someone else. Because it "can" get ugly.
    What rank do you get and how far do you go down with that team? I use it too but JE 4star and g7 only haha rank 47 now

• Options
    i have rg but i never used in arena, my arena rank is 1 - 10 with stromtrooper han as my taunter
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's hard because if i focus on rey first i can't completely kill her, only if i'm lucky but most of the time she is in red and then i still have to fight the full RG so won nothing actually

Exactly. This is the primary reason why you don't win this fight all of the time. There is no other toon that will replace Rey and still give you as much trouble. But... if you can't kill Rey and/or finish her off with AOE after RG taunts with a fair degree of reliability, you should be trying to avoid this fight. (Unless the RG is an undergeared powder puff).

Even worse for Droids is the Ben/Han/Rey meta. Good luck with that one. May the force be with you.
  • Options
    B-2, if you truly want a dominant droid team, is worth the cash. He alone changes the entire dynamic of your droid team. RG taunts? B-2 removes it. QGJ steals your JE crit buff and gives his team offense up? B-2 removes it. When his buff immunity sticks neither RG nor STHan taunts work. Evasion teams giving you fits, if B-2 lands his basic the rest of your droid team can land their attacks with little issue.
  • Options
    Maybe it's just me, but this is really annoying. When fighting in arena, the AI always kills JE first. It completely ignores my B2, the toon with the most health and the one I'd prefer get attacked. B2 has been my last toon on about 18/20 arena fights. Why is the AI so smart against my droids but dumb as can be against all others?
  • Options
    AI mostly attacks the "weakest" toon. "Weakest" meaning the one with the lowest power. To avoid that, you'll have to star and gear up your JE.
  • Options
    Many top droid teams use JE at 5 stars and the Occasional 6. Seems to me that that additional is not nescasary as the gear will make up for the star difference. Toons don't have to be starred high. I used to use a 3 star RG when he was reworked at max level.
  • Options
    lets talk about omegas. Your first omega must go to hk leaders ability, your second omega must go to JE recalibrate. after these two, I would go to ig86 second ability, then ig88 second ability
  • Options
    I hear plasma as a 5th works well too. Use victory march on her first turn and anyone on the opposition slower than her could be hit 2 to 3 times by the same droid before their opening turn.
  • Options
    Hk lead
    Jawa engine
    Royal guard

This is the only lineup that will hold your place. You can sub in a maxed Magnaguard if you need to beat another Jawa Engineer team and go first, or your B2 for an offensive role. But always bring your RV back for the final battle.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @RenanFilipe Good call on Omegas. My first actually went to IG100's basic. My second, to his AoE. At the time, I had only just broken past the lvl70 point and 100 was easily my most valuable droid. HK's leader ability came as soon as I could get it but I'd already put 2 Omegas on GG to make him viable and one on 86's assist (+88's basic I think).

On the topic of AI targeting the lowest power toon, although my JE is only 6*, he's more powerful than GG who's still on 5*. JE still gets smacked up early but it's 88 that gets fuct over and out first. I would agree that the AI targets the lowest hit pointed toon and tries to remove them first. Most AI algorithms are written to emulate player behaviour to a degree and I'd say on aggregate, most players will focus down the weakest link early to gain numerical superiority. Player strategy adapts to those small variables in a way AI cannot though, for example targeting RG first or leaving weakened toons so as not to trigger RG's taunt. It's the reason why some teams are so lop-sided in offence vs defence.
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    4* is fine on offense. Run HK/88/86/SThan/JE. It beats everything handlidly except Rex led teams. Just avoid them entirely.

I hold my place fine. RG is too easy to circumvent but Han getting his TM involved in the game combined with the HK crit TM keeps the team from letting off the gas. Obviously if they have QGJ and save his dispel Hans value is less but even if there are two-three attacks before the dispel it's worth it.