Reasons why Dengar will be farmable.

Everybody will hopefully be unlocking Dengar by the end of the month. Similar to magamatrooper Dengar has been introduced through daily logins, giving everybody a sample of what is soon to be a long road to gear and farm. Given the fact that every new character since Magma has been chromium, it's only logical that EA makes Dengar available to any that want to max him. The biggest question will probably be where to put such a unique character. Putting him in GW would definitely bring some consistency to the way EA/CG manage the game. Something I think they need in spades. But perhaps it's too easy of a farm for such a badass. So they might throw him in Cantina Shipments, which will prolly be a good idea. A lil harder to farm, unless you refresh a lot. Win win. Not to mention that F2P need this! Mostly to keep it competitive for the whales. But also to show that they do care about people that decided to dedicate time>dollars to this game.

Replies

• Pjay
    283 posts Member
    Options
    I hope your right mate, super keen on Dengar. Especially with the whole scoundrel event. Not sure I could look myself in the mirror if I had to farm Nute Gunray.
  • Options
    It was mentioned hes probably going into guild shop
  • Options
    Krokovich wrote: »
    It was mentioned hes probably going into guild shop

Yep
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    EA jesse already said hes going to guild shipments and will confirm on monday
    Post edited by Boba_The_Fetter on
  • Options
    EA jessis already said hes going to guild shipments and wilk confirm on monday

So did EA_Jesse.
  • Options
    Our cat is named dengar.
  • Options
    He's got pretty low potency, which is really going to hinder his abilities.
  • Options
    Oh Guild Shop! Awesome! I'm sitting on 7K currency!
  • Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »

At max gear its 77% which isnt bad
  • lordvigor
    36 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Yippieh... and once more we have to pray to the RNGods :(
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Not good enough for T7 raids though. Don't think I'll be spending any coins on him.
  • Options
    fudgra wrote: »

Not good enough for T7 raids though. Don't think I'll be spending any coins on him.

Teebo at G10 has 80% potency and that is enough to be effective. 77% is enough for T7
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Teebo at G10 has 80% potency and that is enough to be effective. 77% is enough for T7

80? Pretty sure it's 97. 77 WITH a scanner at max gear level is terrible. Just look at B2 who was introduced at the same time as Dengar. As always f2p players get shafted..
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

80? Pretty sure it's 97. 77 WITH a scanner at max gear level is terrible. Just look at B2 who was introduced at the same time as Dengar. As always f2p players get shafted..

https://swgoh.gg/characters/teebo/stats/

Nope its 80%. WITH a scanner at max gear
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Hmm ok I might be thinking of someone else, but my point about Dengar still stands
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Even 80% isn't enough for the Rancor. We don't know yet if it's the magic number for the pigs or not.

Meh wrong quote but don't feel like changing it.
  • Options
    5s has just 60% potency and his speed down works fairly reliably on T7...Rex is also just 65% and he's great pulling meter...at 77% he will be fine. Not as good as QGJ or Phasma, but enough to be reliable.
  • Options

Hmm ok I might be thinking of someone else, but my point about Dengar still stands

Whats your point? That dengars potency is terrible? No its not terrible. Its just not great. Luckily his AOE does tenacity down on a crit. So if that works out then his 3turns speed down will have a much better chance
  • Options

Even 80% isn't enough for the Rancor. We don't know yet if it's the magic number for the pigs or not.

Meh wrong quote but don't feel like changing it.

80% works absolutely fine agaisnt the pigs. With a good team you can kill them in 1 run. Its less effective agaisnt the rancor but still works
  • Options
    EA jessis already said hes going to guild shipments and wilk confirm on monday

So did EA_Jesse.

Heh!
  • Options

Ugh I hate buying characters in guild shipments
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    unit900000 wrote: »

Ugh I hate buying characters in guild shipments

Agreed it's almost slower than cantina shipments if not actually slower due to rng
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • lastii
    158 posts Member
    Options

He gets with max glvl 75% potency I think it will be enough to do the job ;-)
  • Options
    They've added toons to GW (Cad Bane), Arena (Leia), and guild shop toons are all still newer purchases than Cantina wish he'd be put there
  • Options
    I've been hoarding currency for any case. I hope not guild shop though because RNG.