Beating Leia

How do you do it?

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Heal debuff 1st no matter what then AOE + dots

Nothing is a guarantee as rng plays a factor but thats what works well for me on my server in most cases
  • anonym
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Leia is amazing
    Post edited by anonym on
  • Options
    Leia is unbeatable rigth now, you csn pray all you want..in my server #1 has a leia and some others like phasma qg etc and i dont even try to reach #1 because she erases my team like nothing, 4 crits one after another and his team buffed everywhere.. is hard to watch to be honest. I dont understand why Ea didnt do anything already.
  • FireWater
    53 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My Leia team gets wtfpwned by a lower power Bariss/Sid/ObiWan/Vader/Phasma team... crazy dots and ability block all over the place. it's brutal.

• Options
    I have beaten one!! She wasnt 7* like the 1# of my server but is a start. I stunned her with dooku and then my sid and lum take this hair-croissant of the way..then the combat was easy
  • Options

Luck.

Seriously, pray hard she doesn't attack 3, 4 times in a row - which is often the norm...
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Ran into a Leia team (with Chewie as the leader, which was a bit odd) today in the arena. The fight lasted two turns. They wiped the floor with my team in the first turn and mopped up in the second. Game over.
  • Options
    RNG. Last 2 days, she barely landed and multiple attacks LOL, and i just swatted her liek a fly, other days she just wrecked my whole team.
  • Options
    Leia is bugged bigtime. It's not even worth working on a strategy to beat her until EA/CG decides to get around to fixing her. Crit buff procs 100% of time and she always attacks 3 or 4 times during her turn.
  • Options
    You need old Ben. I run Qui as team leader, and combine with old Ben to beat it down.
  • Options
    I am 40 - 50 on my server, level 48. I lead a team with Phasma 3*, Sid 4*, Lumi 3*, Talia 3*, Chewie 4*. All are more than level VI gears. I face a Leia yesterday with Kylo :open_mouth: and I was lucky to win it. Lumi healed in second round. Then used chewie to take the first heavy hits. I left Kylo when his counter attack became active. Leia went to sealth mode, so could not do anything with her till the end.

Chewie is helping me a lot taking the heavy hits and at least remain under 50.
  • Options
    Leia in a team is dangerous. But in my arena the top teams mingle her with Qui Gon for speed and FOTP. In those cases there isn't much strategy to be done except as @JoJoMo_007 says use Qui Gon and Ben...which won't work since I have no Ben and a Qui Gon 2*.

When Leia is alone I stun with the Dooku/Daka combo, and focus her.

When FOTP PLUs Leia are around (but no Qui Gon) I get Leia first with stunner, but focus FOTP down. I always reserve Dooku and Daka to keep Leia stunned. If FOTP doesn't die in teo turns, I am dead. If I had Poe, things may be the same. But would like to try with a 6* or higher Poe which I don't have.

I also many times watch turn meters carefully and may use atalia heal prematurely to advance my 4 other players 25 in turn meter while ensuring every char is 100% healed.
  • Options
    Leia in a team is dangerous. But in my arena the top teams mingle her with Qui Gon for speed and FOTP. In those cases there isn't much strategy to be done except as @JoJoMo_007 says use Qui Gon and Ben...which won't work since I have no Ben and a Qui Gon 2*.

When Leia is alone I stun with the Dooku/Daka combo, and focus her.

When FOTP PLUs Leia are around (but no Qui Gon) I get Leia first with stunner, but focus FOTP down. I always reserve Dooku and Daka to keep Leia stunned. If FOTP doesn't die in teo turns, I am dead. If I had Poe, things may be the same. But would like to try with a 6* or higher Poe which I don't have.

I also many times watch turn meters carefully and may use atalia heal prematurely to advance my 4 other players 25 in turn meter while ensuring every char is 100% healed.

Really good of use to Talia healing, never thought of this plan when I have her almost fully geared.

• Options
    I am currently running a high offense team. I haven't lost against Leia in the last few days and I have managed to take rank 1 on my server the last two days.

Sid leader
    Lumi
    Poggle
    Poe

The strategy here is to basically kill faster than the opponent. As soon as Leia comes out of stealth, I immediately focus her. I can usually one shot her with 86's ability or if Lumi crits her ability. She takes out my Poe most times, but I manage to take her out usually after 1 turn.
  • Options
    So far as I can tell she just keeps shooting until her target is dead.

Not much you can do about that.

As an added bonus she massively buffs the rest of her team as well.
  • Options
    Great topic just wanna ask
    As I know Lesser will neutralise old Ben debuff so if they have right strategy Leia will kill one every turn right?

I don't know who can one shoot Leia
  • Eradicated
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Leia is beateble in every setup. Not every fight of course due to rng, but beatable. Use duku, daka, AOE, taunt, evasion... stop complaining! I use a poe, poggle, jawas and sid or lummi team, and l'm rank 1 every day with all that leias and pilots around.
    Post edited by Eradicated on
  • Options
    I have a 7 star fully geared Leia. I don't think she's broken as much as the AI is when playing her. When using her, I'm lucky if she has a bonus attack 50% of the time, let alone 3. But when playing against her, she pops off 3 sometimes 4 times. You can't do much, just weather the storm until her steath wears off. By that time, I've wiped out most everyone else and she can't take many shots before she dies. Bottom line is, you need a 7 star team that can withstand her onslaught.
  • Options
    I run a team has enough speed to kill her before her turn. Regardless I stun her first shot to b e safe. If she goes off for 4 shots at 7* purple she kills whoever she hits. I got lucky in GW I ran into a &* purple team with her. QGJ lead, Lum, Leia, Kit, Poe. It was interesting. I say lucky because I got to try various builds to try and beat it.
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    Options
    I have a 6* leia and FOTP both gear 7* ... Maybe my comp isn't right but they seem to be getting one two shot in arena like nothing

Sid 7*
    Kylo 7*
    Phasma lead 5*
    FOTP 6*
    Leia 6*

Al gear 7
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have a 7 star fully geared Leia. I don't think she's broken as much as the AI is when playing her. When using her, I'm lucky if she has a bonus attack 50% of the time, let alone 3. But when playing against her, she pops off 3 sometimes 4 times. You can't do much, just weather the storm until her steath wears off. By that time, I've wiped out most everyone else and she can't take many shots before she dies. Bottom line is, you need a 7 star team that can withstand her onslaught.

Amen

• Options
    mamba wrote: »
    I have a 6* leia and FOTP both gear 7* ... Maybe my comp isn't right but they seem to be getting one two shot in arena like nothing

Sid 7*
    Kylo 7*
    Phasma lead 5*
    FOTP 6*
    Leia 6*

Al gear 7

You are missing a fast taunter, and some turn meter magic that doesn't kick in so late. Replace Phasma with Poe, Han or worst case Chewy, as an experiment, and report back.

• Options
    Have to add my take on Leia as well. 6* here, nearly fully geared. I'm lucky if she gets her additional attacks in more than half the time....and I really haven't come across her all that often against the AI, maybe I've just been lucky...but she goes down fast to my teams. Never really had a problem with her, though I could see why people would think she's too OP if you keep seeing her getting those extra attacks off.

The 100% buff is definitely broken though. Not gonna lie, as a Leia user I love it but I'll understand when it's gone. As to the rest, I think she's working as intended.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    Options
    mamba wrote: »

Sid 7*
    Kylo 7*
    Phasma lead 5*
    FOTP 6*
    Leia 6*

Al gear 7

You are missing a fast taunter, and some turn meter magic that doesn't kick in so late. Replace Phasma with Poe, Han or worst case Chewy, as an experiment, and report back.

Thanks! Will need to think where to sink resources next. I'm eager to make it work with leia and FOTP as they are just so much fun with how hard they hit. I always thought phasma was key to get them to attack more but seems too unreliable. Maybe I need an assist team with 5555's and genosian solider (I wish my qui gon was higher than 5*).

How about 5555's, soldier, leia, FOTP and Poe/Han?
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I run a team has enough speed to kill her before her turn. Regardless I stun her first shot to b e safe. If she goes off for 4 shots at 7* purple she kills whoever she hits. I got lucky in GW I ran into a &* purple team with her. QGJ lead, Lum, Leia, Kit, Poe. It was interesting. I say lucky because I got to try various builds to try and beat it.

What team as a whole has the speed to kill Leia before she acts??? She is the third fastest hero, only behind Dooku and Sid.

Occasionally, some heroes may go faster than her either with a leader bonus or RNG, but most of the time, she goes off after Dooku (and Sid).
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    When it's just leia I might win or lose. When it's leia and fotp I usually lose but a lot of randomness is involved in what order hero's first turn, stuns and if heal immune sticks. If it's quigon leia and fotp I always lose. Leia seems to be very erratic to me not just in her attacks but her buffs as well. Fotp I don't understand why my 3* fotp does nearly the same damage as my 7* Luke, and at 7* has more hp then him as well. I thought perhaps an aoe team would counter them, but now I have my doubts after seeing fotp hp.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Bring dooku to stun or bring Sid/Poe/IG88 and she's wiped before she gets a shot off (AI usually stealths her first turn). Can't use her bug if she's dead.
  • Options
    She can't get wiped in the first turn if the AI-as you say- stealths her in the first turn.
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Bring dooku to stun or bring Sid/Poe/IG88 and she's wiped before she gets a shot off (AI usually stealths her first turn). Can't use her bug if she's dead.

But that's not what DarthMasterShawn said; he specifically said his team goes before Leia ...which I find it highly unlikely.