Why no love for Mace

Why does everyone have such a big problem with Mace? He has a lot of health a good leader ability for a Jedi team his shatterpoint does good damage when it sticks and he can dispel buffs which is great for everyone running RG. I have 7* and think he's awesome

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    They're reworking Anakin leadership, so Mace Windu's will become useless in a bit.

Other than that, dunno what to tell you. If i would see a Mace Windu in one of the teams in my shard i would attack without looking at the rest. No matter the gear he is at. Hopefully he is the next one to get buffed.
  • Options
    not great in arena, but he is pretty good in raid. I have him at 7 and don't regret it (did it for yoda)
  • Options
    His leader ability gives a hefty beef to Jedi in the arena. I would say that Yoda, QGJ, Luminara, Mace, and IGD each crit for about 6k for their basic, and that happens about 40% of the time. IGD crits on his special for about 10K. With this damage, they can mow down a Gear 9 RG pretty quick, not to mention they get two debuffs on the team.

On offense they really take out most teams...but, on defense, like you said, most people target Jedi. More than a few, however, have been surprised by my team. I've never been lower than 38 in the arena with Jedi-only teams. My 6* Mace lead is my new favorite lead. Can't wait till he gets to 7*. Oh, and if you didn't know, he doesn't need any raid or 50 piece gear to breeze through Gear 9. If you have a Droid Caller, you can pretty much go straight from Gear 8 to 10.
  • Options
    I use him all day everyday, and I want a buff or better rework
  • Harlodpeter
    323 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Join our discussion in making him better, we need enough voice in order for him to be rework..

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/17914/new-mace-windu-vote#latest

I have a maxed gear 10 mace windu, and he is the first toon in my roster that i geared 10.. Honestly, he is what you say he is.. Giving jedis all the offense they need to win battle and stuff.. But! With rey's speed.. Jedi's team can be easilly wiped out.. Sad isnt it? And now mace is in my roster collecting dust.. If you are in the newer server.. Enjoy him while You can.. At one point, you'll realized that he is the biggest weak link in your team that you need to get rid off.. Please click on the link and let us be heard
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's just more a lack of interest in Jedi. Which is sad, since that's probably why most of us got into SW in the first place.
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    I think it's just more a lack of interest in Jedi. Which is sad, since that's probably why most of us got into SW in the first place.

I think you're right. People get into the game for the characters, but quickly abandon their beloved characters in order to win. I mean, really, how many people started the game and thought to themselves, I can't wait to have the Royal Guard and Genosian Soldier on my arena squad...I love those guys.

• Options
    Mace's rework was weak. Shatterpoint needs to be unresistable, and his damage needs a 25% bump for him to be viable.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Neverts327 wrote: »
    Why does everyone have such a big problem with Mace? He has a lot of health a good leader ability for a Jedi team his shatterpoint does good damage when it sticks and he can dispel buffs which is great for everyone running RG. I have 7* and think he's awesome

Well in practice he sucks.. sorry.. but I have him, I use him his performance is just sad.. not even good.. there are MUCH better Jedi he isn't even average for ALL toons.. he is bottom of the barrel..

He sucks so bad if I face him in Arena \ GW (which is rare, that should tell you something right there) I just let him hit me.. because I KNOW he won't account for much. I shrug off his offense and ignore him.. I have bigger fish to fry he is nothing more than a gnat.

If you like him great but he is NOT a high damage character by any stretch. I use him on my suicide squad...

• Options

I am in Arena 3 of my Jedi are part of my rank 20-30 Arena team.. Jedi rock.. especially Yoda.. he is highly underestimated.

I have Yoda totally MAX all GEAR and ALL Omega ability.. he is great with foresight he is untouchable literally.
  • Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

I am in Arena 3 of my Jedi are part of my rank 20-30 Arena team.. Jedi rock.. especially Yoda.. he is highly underestimated.

I have Yoda totally MAX all GEAR and ALL Omega ability.. he is great with foresight he is untouchable literally.

Too bad the AI doesn't know how to effectively utilize his kit. People with Yoda or Asajj on their arena team will always be targets for this reason.