An underdog story

SpaceDog
42 posts Member
edited June 2016
This is just a shout out to anyone who is using non-meta characters or squads that many say aren't worthwhile, too weak/slow for arena, or otherwise worthless. I made it to #1 with a full Jedi team.

Replies

• SpaceDog
    42 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Here is the picture.
    https://imgur.com/a/lZcDi
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Love it. How do they hold up on defense?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Let me just say... Epic Win!

Nice to see a new team combo up there!
  • Options
    I love seeing VotE at the top of arena servers!
  • Options
    On defence not great, 3/5 are squishy. I'm hoping to switch out Ahsoka for Plo eventually. Plo's debuff and high health/protection will round out the team nicely I think.
  • Options
    What I find most interesting with this team is that the squads I find easy/hard are opposite what many others say are easy/hard. I breeze through any assortment of droid teams. And your classic Rex, Fives team are a cake walk.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    That's awesome! I love to go full Jedi, and have been for just about everything but Arena. Maybe I need to give it a second look. Mostly, I think gear advantage is the thing, but it's spendy right now.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Yeah it's definetly about gear. I had to focus exclusively on my arena team for a solid month and I started seeing great results.
  • EROSIONE
    160 posts Member
    Options
    That's really cool! I was thinking Ima Anakin Qgj Yoda Ayala... have you got Anakin? My 5* g11 already crit for 6k pre update it could go balistic after update!
  • Options
    No I don't have Anakin and don't have room for him on my team either. I was never fond of him to be honest.
  • unit900000
    626 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    SpaceDog wrote: »
    What I find most interesting with this team is that the squads I find easy/hard are opposite what many others say are easy/hard. I breeze through any assortment of droid teams. And your classic Rex, Fives team are a cake walk.

Ofc you breeze through droid teams your leader is a hard counter to them. And idk why people act like droid teams are so hard to beat tbh. But grats.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Gratz! Nice setup.
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Options
    congrats sir. That is truly a lot of time.
  • Options
    May the force be with you jedi master.. I did manage to get #1 with mace lead before.. But dropping out fast.. Thank you for the inspiration.. I'm farming ima after anakin.. If the force will it, i hope aayla be ftp next..
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    I've seen a full clone squad, had me quivering in my boots. Cleaned him up with a meta team. I only care about my crystals.