Barriss Offee healing over Darth Sidious Immunity to Heal debuff

OmarFPG
458 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hey there. I had the weirdest thing happen to me just now on Arena. I noticed my enemy's Barriss just went ahead and healed, disregarding the debuff. This happened three times actually. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or an actual game mechanics that I'm missing, but as far as I know she shouldn't bypass that immunity (at least mine has the heal on L4 and it doesn't!).

I'm not sure if this has been reported before or not, but I guess it's worth sharing and checking. I actually went again, against the same player to confirm this, and I was able to take a screenshot:
uaTuJ0E.png
If you take a look real close (see full image picture for better viewing) you'll notice the enemy's Sid has the debuff from my Sid, yet the enemy's Barriss healed him (if you look real close you can see she's doing the heal animation, that Sid has the debuff, and that he's getting healed).

The enemy team was Darth Sidious, Barriss Offee, Mace Windu, Savage Opress and Aayla Secura.

I hope that if this is a bug it gets fixed soon, it costed me two arena battles already! :p (one when first noticed, one to confirm / take a screenshot).
548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:

Replies

• Options
    This is not a bug. Barris ability is an equalizer. Multiple topics about this. You can search the forum. It works a intended
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    That's what you get for wasting an arena battle to try and herd a nerf. ;)
  • Options
    When she is the last one standing and tries to heal herself with the debuff on, no health is gained. That is how you know she isn't "healing" technically.
  • Options
    Thanks, @Pindasauskanon, @AgentSmith817, those are great tips and I'll use this knowledge to my advantage, both for my team and my enemy's team. :)

You're absolutely right, her 2nd skill has two parts, first the equalizer then the actual heal which is a low percentage. I see how the first part can bypass the immunity to heals. Sorry for making the thread without going too deep into the search (only made to page 3, on the end of page 4 was a thread about this! xD)
  • Options
    BTW if you fight in in Galactic War, trust me on this, save her for last. She does so minimal damage output and has so much health that it isn't worth taking her down earlier. With her minimal damage output, I just hit "Basic" attack on her to lower my cool downs for special attacks cause it typically takes me 2-3 rounds to nail her (especially if she heals). Luminara's leader ability that restores 4% health typically restores whatever damage Barriss puts out.

During this time I refresh all health on my squad with one big heal and refresh cool downs on other abilities (IE Dooku lightning, Sidious AoE attack, Chewbacca taunt) for the next round.
  • Options
    BTW if you fight in in Galactic War, trust me on this, save her for last. She does so minimal damage output and has so much health that it isn't worth taking her down earlier. With her minimal damage output, I just hit "Basic" attack on her to lower my cool downs for special attacks cause it typically takes me 2-3 rounds to nail her (especially if she heals). Luminara's leader ability that restores 4% health typically restores whatever damage Barriss puts out.

During this time I refresh all health on my squad with one big heal and refresh cool downs on other abilities (IE Dooku lightning, Sidious AoE attack, Chewbacca taunt) for the next round.

Actually I've been running her on GW lately, the last two rounds I was using her as my leader, and those are the two first times I've successfully completed Galactic Wars. First day I completed it having to change some characters, trying out teams and characters, some died, but I finally completed it!

2nd day I completed GW (today) I didn't even had a single character dying, I went with her, Sid, Asajj, Chewie and JC, I have a great team going on there. Works well against the current meta. I went with those 5 from start to finish. I didn't even had to retreat many times, at much I did it 3 or 4 times, very strategically. :)

I've read that she was nerfed, that she was way more OP at first. I can't imagine! I'm quite happy with my Barriss as she is, and my 5 team overall. Again, I feel I have a good synergy going on against the current meta.

I know I won't be able to use her on the long run since it is a bit hard to farm for her shards, compared to others. But I'll run her for as long as a I can. For now I'm farming Phasma (20/65) on Galactic Wars (after she's 7* I'll farm for Lumi (16/50)), Sid (17/65) on Arena, and Boba (55/80) on Cantina (I think I should've gone for Daka (1/80) first! But I'm on this boat already). Also farming for Dooku (27/50), with only 6 attempts daily. I wish I had him before with the Sith starter pack, when I started playing I was offered a Greedo, and knew it was Dooku before thanks to the forums and other sites.