Scoundrel Event

Prev13
Great idea (sarcasm) to start the event and only run it for 15 hours BEFORE the last login reward is available!
I'm sure that I'm not the only one that the last thing I was focused on was getting lackluster (for the most part) scoundrels.
Maaaaybe it would have been a better idea to wait a day so that everyone has Dengar unlocked?
And, perhaps I missed it, but why aren't any event requirements posted in advance of the events?
Actually, I know why...people get anxious to participate, anxious people are more likely to spend crystals, crystals ultimately equals money for EA...I just want to hear a Dev say it.
Well not this guy! Even with the credit crunch being what it is, I'm NOT getting **** in. I'm p2p, but I feel I spend more wisely than what is required here for this. I'll wait until I have 5/5 scoundrels. I couldn't care less anymore...
End rant.
Check out my swgoh.gg profile DISCORD = L0RD W0LFE#2537 LINE ID = lord_wolfe
"Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends." - Lord Vader

https://swgoh.gg/u/l0rd%20w0lfe/

Replies

• J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Just so you know the requirements were posted in advance. Plenty of people got ready in time
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Just so you know the requirements were posted in advance. Plenty of people got ready in time

Good to know. I missed it. Thanks!
    "Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends." - Lord Vader

• Options
    L0RD_WOLFE wrote: »
    Maaaaybe it would have been a better idea to wait a day so that everyone has Dengar unlocked?

+1. Was counting on Dengar being my 5th scoundrel.
  • Options
    You can grab dengar shards from guild shop now and activate him.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    L0RD_WOLFE wrote: »

I also counted on Dengar being my fifth. Dengar does show up in the Guild Shop from now on though. luckily i got dengar by shards from that shop. Not sure if he always shows up but it might be worthwile to spend crystals to refresh the guild shop
  • Options

Same. It's unfortunate to say the least. But I'm content enough to wait until it runs again. It's more important to me to stick to my game plan of gearing up toons to stay in the top 25 in pvp and increase strength of my raid squads.

• Options
    But Dengar would have been a 2 (or 3?) star, so you would have had to have spent millions on gear and levels to even make him viable. I don't understand 'counting' on him.
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • Options
    great event! im f2p and just one month here...i cant participate because i dont have the money to farm useless chars - to get some money.

well done, very well done.

• Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    TheScribs wrote: »
    But Dengar would have been a 2 (or 3?) star, so you would have had to have spent millions on gear and levels to even make him viable. I don't understand 'counting' on him.

Nah. People who have already run the event say you don't need 5 geared/leveled toons. He was just going to be the filler.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

At max gear and 2* he has a total of 32k fortitude included if you can believe that.
  • Options

Believe it or not, Dengar was pretty useful only taking him to L52 with G7 gear at 2*. Didn't cost that much to get him there.
  • JediGhost117
    1756 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Alright are they joking with this event? It's random times and the two rewards are 250k and 350k credits. I get that from the easy GW daily and its 100% reliably going to be there. This is a joke and I feel sorry for anybody that wasted money farming Boba, Chewy, Greedo, Cad, or the useless Mob Enforcer. This event sucks. Hopefully the rewards get better and the amounts change.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Alright are they joking with this event? It's random times and the two rewards are 250k and 350k credits. I get that from the easy GW daily and its 100% reliably going to be there. This is a joke and I feel sorry for anybody that wasted money farming Boba, Chewy, Cad, or the useless Mob Enforcer. This event sucks. Hopefully the rewards get better and the amounts change.

If you can complete this event, it saves you 2 GW days each week. That's pretty good imo.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Alright are they joking with this event? It's random times and the two rewards are 250k and 350k credits. I get that from the easy GW daily and its 100% reliably going to be there. This is a joke and I feel sorry for anybody that wasted money farming Boba, Chewy, Cad, or the useless Mob Enforcer. This event sucks. Hopefully the rewards get better and the amounts change.

If you can complete this event, it saves you 2 GW days each week. That's pretty good imo.

It saves you one GW. That's it. You get around 350k from completing GW
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

You get 400k from GW and 1m from this event as you can do each tier twice.
  • Options
    Sam Han and dengar aren't realistically obtainable for f2p. That leaves 7, of which you need 5. That includes mob enforcer and NG. I doubt a lot of f2p are able to participate.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options

You can do each tier twice. That's 1M credits per week.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

GW is closer to 450k and the daily for it gives 25k.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Alright are they joking with this event? It's random times and the two rewards are 250k and 350k credits. I get that from the easy GW daily and its 100% reliably going to be there. This is a joke and I feel sorry for anybody that wasted money farming Boba, Chewy, Greedo, Cad, or the useless Mob Enforcer. This event sucks. Hopefully the rewards get better and the amounts change.

You get 2 battles of each tier so it is 1 mil credits each time the event pops. The event is said to pop once a week on a random day.

So it's 1mil a week. I'm not entirely clear how that doesn't pay for itself over time. I was able to complete it with a 6* 66 G8 Lando, 5* 76 G8 Chewy, and a 6* 64 G7 Greedo, a 5* 56 G7 Cad Bane, and a 4* 56 G7 Boba. Tier 1 was an auto-play. Tier 2 I failed on autoplay and was about 33% success manually. I dropped 2mil into Lando to get him to level 76 and then completed it manually with little problem.

Take the 300k from the T1 and invest in Lando/Chewy and in a month or two you'll be making 1mil a week regardless of the other toons you are using. With Dengar looking raid viable those three toons will all be good to have. Greedo isn't awful and Cad Bane has enough TM reduction on his special that he can sit in a C/D team for raids.
  • Options

So your telling me that 1 mil a week will pay back the tens of millions you spent leveling, gearing, and starring up the 5 scoundrels? No it doesn't. And at anywhere from 350k-450k PER DAY from GW this event is not worth the character investment.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    You can grab dengar shards from guild shop now and activate him.

This is what I did.... he has a pretty interesting kit too!
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

You get 2 battles of each tier so it is 1 mil credits each time the event pops. The event is said to pop once a week on a random day.

So it's 1mil a week. I'm not entirely clear how that doesn't pay for itself in a relatively short time. I was able to complete it with a 6* 66 G8 Lando, 5* 76 G8 Chewy, and a 6* 64 G7 Greedo, a 5* 56 G7 Cad Bane, and a 4* 56 G7 Boba. Tier 1 was an auto-play. Tier 2 I failed on autoplay and was about 33% success manually. I dropped 2mil into Lando to get him to level 76 and then completed it manually with little problem.

That the 300k from the T1 and invest in Lando/Chewy and in a month or two you'll be making 1mil a week regardless of the other toons you are using.

2 mil into one toon for a 1 mil return. That's awful.
  • Order_67
    111 posts Member
    Options
    This event is great. Going forward in the months ahead getting a million extra per week will be very helpful especially when the level cap increases. You spend now but 2 months from now you won't miss the credits you spent for the scoundrels but you'll be happy to get that million then.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

So it's 1mil a week. I'm not entirely clear how that doesn't pay for itself in a relatively short time. I was able to complete it with a 6* 66 G8 Lando, 5* 76 G8 Chewy, and a 6* 64 G7 Greedo, a 5* 56 G7 Cad Bane, and a 4* 56 G7 Boba. Tier 1 was an auto-play. Tier 2 I failed on autoplay and was about 33% success manually. I dropped 2mil into Lando to get him to level 76 and then completed it manually with little problem.

That the 300k from the T1 and invest in Lando/Chewy and in a month or two you'll be making 1mil a week regardless of the other toons you are using.

1 mil weekly return
    That's quite good!
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options

You're clearly unaware of how investments work. Possibly even how math works.

I made 1 mil. I put 2 mil in. I will get 1 mil next week to match my investment. Every week after is profit. The only toons I've really had to invest in are Lando, who works with multiple arena teams, and Chewy, who is excellent in the raid for anyone without a full Ewok squad.

Lando is one of the most enjoyable toons in the game. Chewy one of the most iconic.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

So your telling me that 1 mil a week will pay back the tens of millions you spent leveling, gearing, and starring up the 5 scoundrels? No it doesn't. And at anywhere from 350k-450k PER DAY from GW this event is not worth the character investment.

If you spend 10m to gear up your toons it will pay back in 10 weeks. After that it will all be profit.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options

i don't know how your get to tens of millions. If you have read others' posts, it doesn't take five fully leveled, geared and starred toons to beat it. But I suppose if a theoretical player has zero scoundrels now and are starting from scratch, then it is a heavy investment. It might cost me a couple million credits to get a viable team. But that will pay for itself after a couple weeks.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options

Exactly, and that's exactly what they wanted people to do.

1. Due to the timing, many would have to use crystals to refresh the guild store to get the last dengar shards
    2. Once he's activated, they'd have to use credits to level him
    3. They'd have to use crystals to gear him fast

See how it works? Screw this event. It can wait until whenever.

• SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

Exactly, and that's exactly what they wanted people to do.

1. Due to the timing, many would have to use crystals to refresh the guild store to get the last dengar shards
    2. Once he's activated, they'd have to use credits to level him
    3. They'd have to use crystals to gear him fast

See how it works? Screw this event. It can wait until whenever.

Just to be clear. If they delayed this event a week you would be happy? Or only if they delayed it a single day?

If they had launched it last Wednesday would that have made you happy? Even though it meant 2 weeks of you not being able to do it instead of 1 week?

Whoever runs their promotions obviously has no coordination with whomever runs their events. They have never shown any inclination towards using the free characters to market aspects of the game. They put resistance trooper out as a free toon only to nerf him shortly after everyone got him. They put Cad Bane out there even though there was no way to level him up for FTP.

You are vastly over-estimating their ability to communicate with one another.
  • Options

You're clearly unaware of how investments work. Possibly even how math works.

I made 1 mil. I put 2 mil in. I will get 1 mil next week to match my investment. Every week after is profit. The only toons I've really had to invest in are Lando, who works with multiple arena teams, and Chewy, who is excellent in the raid for anyone without a full Ewok squad.

Lando is one of the most enjoyable toons in the game. Chewy one of the most iconic.

Or you could just do GW daily and get the same profit if not more and you don't waste any credits on useless toons that you don't have or need. Also how dare you question my math ability. If you don't have an argument don't post anything, either post constructive comment and not snide insults or just don't speak.
This discussion has been closed.