What are your views on AI in arena not using AoE ability while opponent is taunting?

2Next

Replies

• RuySid
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Falcon6669 wrote: »
    RuySid wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    And another thing @leef why would anyone complain about the opposing team not using AoE while your squad is taunting

because that means your characters also wont use their AoE when someone else is attacking you. Thought that was pretty obvious if you read this thread.

Thanks for that cause the solution is still just stop being lazy and play the match yourself

You know you don't play the match when someone attacks you, right?

Yes I do. I'm not new to this world. Gaming has went from being a challenge to nothing but complaining when it's to hard for someone to beat and developers making it so easy to play that someone in a coma could play and beat.

No one is saying that something is hard to beat, but the opposite: it's too easy. Reading the comments, I see that the majority would like the AI to trigger the AOE's when an enemy tank is taunting. That would make the AI more intelligent, more human...and that would be more challenging. I really don't understand your position.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So Rancor should do slam regardless of whether you have taunt up or not? Nah...i am fine with the way it is. And since i know what Lando at gear 11 is capable of, i am fine with the bug in arena as well.
  • Options
    If rey was at 15% health and rg triggered taunt I would want lando to AoE. That's just basic.
  • Oliverwilliohelma
    133 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    So Rancor should do slam regardless of whether you have taunt up or not? Nah...i am fine with the way it is. And since i know what Lando at gear 11 is capable of, i am fine with the bug in arena as well.
    You have two interesting points.

Sorry I didn't put enough emphasis in my original post for your concern about AI in raid, but the same concern about AI in raid is the reason why in the title of my original post, I said "AI in arena".

Yes, currently, Lando has very powerful AoE ability too powerful to be used 100% efficient in the hand of AI in defense, but does it mean that AI in arena in defense has to use AoE ability with close to 0% efficiency to make AoE ability completely useless in the hand of AI in defense? now that almost every team in arena has a taunter, not to mention many teams have two taunters. Could there be more balance? The way I see it, in order to make AI in arena beatable, giving AI in arena a probability of not using AoE ability, such as 30%, while opponent is taunting, should be enough; on the contrary, AI in arena completely not using AoE ability while opponent is taunting is extreme.

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Sorry I didn't put enough emphasis in my original post for your concern about AI in raid, but the same concern about AI in raid is the reason why in the title of my original post, I said "AI in arena".

Yes, currently, Lando has very powerful AoE ability too powerful to be used 100% efficient in the hand of AI in defense, but does it mean that AI in arena in defense has to use AoE ability with close to 0% efficiency to make AoE ability completely useless in the hand of AI in defense? now that almost every team in arena has a taunter, not to mention many teams have two taunters. Could there be more balance? The way I see it, in order to make AI in arena beatable, giving AI in arena a probability of not using AoE ability, such as 30%, while opponent is taunting, should be enough; on the contrary, AI in arena completely not using AoE ability while opponent is taunting is extreme.

That would be ok. I would rather start with 30% chance to lose the game rather than 100% haha. Then again, even if they fixed his ability to make it 100% wouldn't matter against certain team comps (like droids with JE)
  • Options
    Anakin can do about 8k with his AoE. During a RG taunt is the single best time to use this AoE to finish off Rey or QGJ, so it absolutely needs to be fixed.
  • Options

That would be ok. I would rather start with 30% chance to lose the game rather than 100% haha...

Yes, I am glad we agree.
    ... Then again, even if they fixed his ability to make it 100% wouldn't matter against certain team comps (like droids with JE)

Sorry, I didn't understand your second setence. Could you clarify it? Which does your "100%" refer to? 100% chance of losing or 100% efficiency of using AoE ability? By "wouldn't matter", do you mean Lando will lose or Lando will win?
    Sorry.
  • Oliverwilliohelma
    133 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I agree, could use some tuning for sure. However, please don't make AI so bad we can't beat it! haha
    Agreed.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

That would be ok. I would rather start with 30% chance to lose the game rather than 100% haha...

Yes, I am glad we agree.
    ... Then again, even if they fixed his ability to make it 100% wouldn't matter against certain team comps (like droids with JE)

Sorry, I didn't understand your second setence. Could you clarify it? Which does your "100%" refer to? 100% chance of losing or 100% efficiency of using AoE ability? By "wouldn't matter", do you mean Lando will lose or Lando will win?
    Sorry.

I mean even if Lando would use his ability when it's available, even if taunts are up, wouldn't matter against some OP teams.
  • Options

Yes, I am glad we agree.

Sorry.

I mean even if Lando would use his ability when it's available, even if taunts are up, wouldn't matter against some OP teams.
    Thanks for trying to clarify.
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Options
    I really hope this is the next thing fixed. But, based on how long it took them to rework Anakin, I don't think that will be any time soon
  • Options
    By the way, a post which I replied to Amalthea in this original post just disappeared.
    Dear forum moderators, could one of you have deleted it? If so, may I ask why? Or could it be some errors that caused its dissapearance?
    Amalthea wrote: »
    Why no poll?
    I replied to you earlier, but I couldn't find the post of mine that I replied to you -- it seemed to have dissapeared.
    A poll would be nice; however, I think it is sensible and constructive to have a poll only when people have a thorough understanding of the issue at first.