2Next

Replies

• Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    sfcrafael wrote: »
    Powda wrote: »
    arttorres0 wrote: »
    The big truth is that people from other countries (like me) won't be buying crystals until prices go back to normal. The explanation about people creating non-US accounts makes perfect sense, but it is so unfair with us. I know lots of p2ps that said they will stop buying for now.

Now imagine for a moment if you had to *ALWAYS* pay that... You guys have had it pretty great up until now. I'm surprised this didn't explode a long time with people complaining about unfair raid / arena advantage simply because someone lives in a particular country.

Fairness is really irrelevant for EA. People in Europe pay more for the same amount of crystals than those in US. Do you think they should increase pricing in the US to match those in Europe as well?

The only important matter here is revenue, and they will lose it this way. Take steam store as an example: there is a reason pricesare set differently per region, and the same thing applies to other stores as well. For EA, the publisher, It isn't about fairness, it's about profit, and I don't think CG has too much control over how it is handled.

Sure... If he EU price is going to be the benchmark, then they should increase everyone to that benchmark. Before we go down the rabbit hole... Yes, stock markets exist and currency exchange will fluctuate, but you get my point. If USD is the benchmark, everyone should be at their local currency's equivalent to that benchmark.
  • Options
    The big truth is that people from other countries (like me) won't be buying crystals until prices go back to normal. The explanation about people creating non-US accounts makes perfect sense, but it is so unfair with us. I know lots of p2ps that said they will stop buying for now.

Now imagine for a moment if you had to *ALWAYS* pay that... You guys have had it pretty great up until now. I'm surprised this didn't explode a long time with people complaining about unfair raid / arena advantage simply because someone lives in a particular country.

Fairness is really irrelevant for EA. People in Europe pay more for the same amount of crystals than those in US. Do you think they should increase pricing in the US to match those in Europe as well?

The only important matter here is revenue, and they will lose it this way. Take steam store as an example: there is a reason pricesare set differently per region, and the same thing applies to other stores as well. For EA, the publisher, It isn't about fairness, it's about profit, and I don't think CG has too much control over how it is handled.

Sure... If he EU price is going to be the benchmark, then they should increase everyone to that benchmark. Before we go down the rabbit hole... Yes, stock markets exist and currency exchange will fluctuate, but you get my point. If USD is the benchmark, everyone should be at their local currency's equivalent to that benchmark.

Don't take it personally, but do you have any idea of how much 100 dollars represent to a middle class person in Brazil/Mexico, and how much it represents to an American? It's hugely different, you are comparing a 1st world country with underdeveloped countries. As the person above mentioned, Steam has its adaptability throughout the globe, as does Origin and Battlenet, and it's not just simple as "purely exchange rate using US as standard value". It's EA/google play's responsibility to prevent people from other countries to create accounts where they don't live. Again, the prices are 3x in average higher, that's absurd. In my guild p2ps already became f2p with this change.
  • Options

Don't take it personally, but do you have any idea of how much 100 dollars represent to a middle class person in Brazil/Mexico, and how much it represents to an American? It's hugely different, you are comparing a 1st world country with underdeveloped countries. As the person above mentioned, Steam has its adaptability throughout the globe, as does Origin and Battlenet, and it's not just simple as "purely exchange rate using US as standard value". It's EA/google play's responsibility to prevent people from other countries to create accounts where they don't live. Again, the prices are 3x in average higher, that's absurd. In my guild p2ps already became f2p with this change.

Well said, I agree. This is absurd, I guess I'm saving mx pesos to buy something else.