Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    Tidusdm wrote: »
    I've gone the opposite route that most people recommend or claim to be the solution to beating GW: I'm using a 31k Arena team which is not the same team I use for GW. I have lots of 7* gear 9/10 modded toons in my roster which I can use if the 6th or 11th node are really hard, and I beat it (for the last two months since I changed the team). Before I made the change I was encountering incredibly hard fights on the last two nodes and I just couldn't beat it. So yes, you can work towards a team whose power breaks the GW algorithm so that your last one or two fights are easy, or you can do the opposite and get the last node to be super easy. Of course this means you're probably not gonna be ranking in the top 50 (as I write this I think I'm like rank 108) so don't do what I suggest if ranking high in Arena is preferable to finishing GW.

Arena rank has nothing to do with it. Nada. Zero. Add up the opponents power and you will see.
  • Options
    For crying out loud man, these salty posts are never gonna stop. I don't know how many times people have to tell other people what to do before they finally understand smh.

• Options
    Just wait till you start facing people with insane speed on all their mods like I am seeing more and more freqeuntly now. Quit one last night out of fruatration for first time in a very long time.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    you earn 15 shards a day. you can buy 20 shards a day. you'll need 330 for a full character. 330/20=16.5days. 16x400=6400
    so basically you need 6400 GW tokens to max a characters as fast as possible (17days) without using refreshes, clearing GW each day and buying 4x5shards a day.

You need 26400 GW tokens to 7* a toon!!!!

Dammit, @leef lied to me! Now I have to do math: (330/5)*400 = 26,400. @Daddyngo007 math confirmed!
  • Options
    Ok how did @leef get his figures wrong as he looks correct to me
  • Options
    I finally hit the mythical "easy 12th node" yesterday. Droids are the answer to GW. Droids and a deep bench. Though at this point, I've only need ~2.5 teams to beat GW. Droids, my Arena team (Phasma, QGJ, RG, Rey, Lando).
  • Options
    Gotta know bud that GW difficulty is based on your own roster. Currently i auto all nodes with my arena team.

https://swgoh.gg/u/mofojokers/

As i tell others that are having trouble.

1. Understand that GOH is a money Generator in a Star Wars skin.
    2. If you do not wish to spend money then you need to have patience.
    3. Join a guild and hit tier 7 as much as possible.
    4. Look at heroes as (Kits) not the skins covering them and maximize synergy.
    5. Do your research before investing into a kit , what is needed, what can it offer and compare stats to your other kits.
    6. Spend your crystals carefully don't throw them away.
    7. Know that some kits are always better than others so look carefully.
  • Options
    It all boils down to money and to get you more hooked on the game. Spend more time and money trying to build up your characters with no luck.
  • Options
    I have found my stun team is quite effective at keeping a lot of the uber teams at bay: Phasma (L), RG, Aayla or EP, Dakka, and Ventriss. Especially if you load TM for them on the easy nodes. The only issue is, as you can probably guess, my damage is low and slow, so the fights can take a loooong time. But I generally come out the victor with only a casualty or two. At the very least, though, I can eat up most of the opposition's protection and then mop the floor with droids.
  • Options
    Seriously, this game mode has become a joke. Ask anyone running Wiggs, Palp lead, Anakin, Lando, droids, etc and they'll agree.
    Just in the past couple of weeks I've seen videos of GW being completed on auto(!) in 15, 10, 8, 7 minutes! Next thing you know someone will run through all 12 nodes with 4 characters..
    I honestly can't remember the last time I've finished the 12th node with even 1 character under 50% health. Just this morning I ran through GW with a SINGLE squad.
    I thought Galactic War was supposed to be endgame content, a war of attrition that requires you to go deep into your roster and claw out a victory everyday.
    At this point it doesn't even feel like a war anymore, might as well call it a Galactic Formality.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    I have my toons at lvl 65 and 66 and I've completed GW every time for over two months now. On one single occasion I only got to node 11. I think my power is around 28500.
  • EetsdaBouss
    352 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Day four fighting Lugal Kelim. I now consider him the terrorist of GW. I dont mind a hard node 12 but same guy every day? Thats not right.

Edit: ok beat it after 30mins of retreats and a lot of me yelling at my screen. That was tuesdays. Lets see if todays gives me the evil Lugal again
    Post edited by EetsdaBouss on
  • Options
    I auto I every day. Takes me about 8-10 minutes.
  • Options
    Try using weaker people in your Galactic War then.
  • Options
    I have no issue with it either but there are obviously a lot of players that are having a hard time with it still
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    you earn 15 shards a day. you can buy 20 shards a day. you'll need 330 for a full character. 330/20=16.5days. 16x400=6400
    so basically you need 6400 GW tokens to max a characters as fast as possible (17days) without using refreshes, clearing GW each day and buying 4x5shards a day.

You need 26400 GW tokens to 7* a toon!!!!

Dammit, @leef lied to me! Now I have to do math: (330/5)*400 = 26,400. @Daddyngo007 math confirmed!

@leef is right, assuming you will beat galactic war every day, you will earn 1200 every day, so you Only need to save 6400
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    i'll rephrase: You will need to save up 6400 GW tokens to max a newly released character as soon as possible without using crystals to refresh.

edit: what the person above me said ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    26400 for a new toon. You can spend 1600 GW tokens per day.

26400/1600=16.5 days.

As you'll earn 1200 per day over these 16.5 days then you only need to supplement the additional 400 per day.

17 days X 400 = 6800 for your nest egg.
  • Options
    I have no issue with it either but there are obviously a lot of players that are having a hard time with it still

i used to never beat it until my arena team got to 37,000 which was roughly a month ago. Thankfully i can beat GW now!
  • Options
    As someone with over 60 characters unlocked, 30 at 7 stars, I find GW to be fun and enjoyable. While some of the battles are easy enough, I definitely couldn't auto through all 12 nodes. New characters I'm in the process of gearing get a chance to try out new skills and strategies. Older toons that are no longer relevant to the Arena meta or good for the current Raid can come out to play. It takes maybe two to three squads to complete it, which is more than fine for me.

IMHO, the game shouldn't become so challenging that GW requires maxed out squads and excessive amounts of time just to appeal to the top 1% of players.
  • Options
    Davuron wrote: »
    As someone with over 60 characters unlocked, 30 at 7 stars, I find GW to be fun and enjoyable. While some of the battles are easy enough, I definitely couldn't auto through all 12 nodes. New characters I'm in the process of gearing get a chance to try out new skills and strategies. Older toons that are no longer relevant to the Arena meta or good for the current Raid can come out to play. It takes maybe two to three squads to complete it, which is more than fine for me.

IMHO, the game shouldn't become so challenging that GW requires maxed out squads and excessive amounts of time just to appeal to the top 1% of players.

i second this +1
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

+1
  • MAdel
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    NVM
  • Options
    I completely agree with @Davuron on all of his points. It was excruciating for me until they dialed it back and I have over 30 maxed 7* toons as well. Now it's a healthy combo and I get through it, reap the financial rewards and play with about a dozen toons. Kind of perfect.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Why would I give myself an artificial disadvantage? The more reasonable approach would be to retune Galactic War to take into account the influx of these new powerful and versatile characters
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Why would I give myself an artificial disadvantage? The more reasonable approach would be to retune Galactic War to take into account the influx of these new powerful and versatile characters

Because if your team is that good then this would change things up for you and make it either more fun or more challenging which is what you want. Im not saying to change your arena team but Galactic war (at this point for you) should be trying out different teams or just having fun with random characters instead of just complaining that its too easy.

this is like you saying "hey my 99 overall Wide receiver can beat the AI way too easily so the Madden game should be harder".
  • Options
    I keep saying that i should stat oposing Leia, it seems that her chance to hit the second time is more like 70% than 45 and the third time more like 50% than 25% ...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    this is like you saying "hey my 99 overall Wide receiver can beat the AI way too easily so the Madden game should be harder".

funny that you mention madden, madden mobile (that EA game) actually makes the AI significantly better if you play with a 99 overal team.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Davuron wrote: »

It's not just the top 1%, anyone with the characters I listed above can breeze through GW and that's honestly ridiculous
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    After a while your roster gets big and deep enough that you can just hit the hardest teams with 3-4 squads until you get through. And that will eventually only be necessary with the toughest ones.

Rest assured, it eventually gets easier.
    "If you recognise this thumbnail, then you have great taste, and you're really getting old"